Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Something about this year's team that I like.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,208

Something about this year's team that I like.

Apr 4, 2016, 11:15 AM

Nearly every good baseball team has a slump period. That stretch of the season that you look back on and scratch your head and say... what went on there?

I feel like our team is in the middle of that right now. Except instead of being dead at the plate, like most Clemson slumps, we are making errors and our pitching is not sharp, but our bats are staying hot. And unlike in years previous, we would lose games to bad teams and brush it off as 'that's baseball.' Now we are winning ugly.

We have gone 4-4 over the last 8 games, and we have not looked anywhere close to our best. 3 of those games are to a probable Super Regional host @ their place (who we could have easily taken the series from), and the other is to a conference foe, Pitt (RPI 24), who has yet to be swept by anyone in conference. Including Louisville and FSU.

What's my point? We are seeing our worst baseball yet this year and we are still winning games. And we are currently 21-7. We can still lose plenty of games and end up with 40 wins.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Something about this year's team that I like.

Apr 4, 2016, 11:23 AM

Agreed. I definitely like our chances of hosting a regional this year and depending on the outcome of all the regionals across the country, we may be able to host a super regional.
We're already at a complete 180 from last year's team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, this team is pretty good offensively.

Apr 4, 2016, 11:26 AM

I just wish the bottom of the order would step up a little bit so that we're not having to depend so much on the first 5-6 guys. We're so used to having at least a couple of pitchers that could shut the other team down, while sometimes struggling to score runs, though. It's a different style of baseball, but at least we're winning- as you pointed out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortuneately I was wrong about our slump.

Apr 25, 2016, 12:10 PM

It as just the first stage of a deeper slump. I hope we snap out of it and improve late in the year like we did so often in the past. As Clemson fans, we are not used to sitting out the conference tournament. We need to somehow take the remaining 3 ACC series and win 2-3 in the tourney.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,208
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic