Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
O-Line and D-Line Getting No Respect
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

O-Line and D-Line Getting No Respect

Sep 18, 2012, 9:57 AM

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2012/9/18/3351160/why-fsu-will-beat-a-good-clemson-team

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: O-Line and D-Line Getting No Respect

Sep 18, 2012, 10:04 AM

the opportunity exist for both the OL and DL to earn respect on a national stage this weekend. I have faith that Chad Morris will put together a game plan to exploit our strengths and keep their defense off balance. My main concern is our D stopping the run and not letting receivers get behind our secondary

What else is new. Please give them a chip on their shoulder***

Sep 18, 2012, 10:05 AM

OK, I read to the point where he said FSU O>Our O...

Sep 18, 2012, 10:05 AM

and FSU had better special teams. My bullchit filter clogged and my optic nerve locked down at that point. I lost control over my conscious thought and my subconscious took over the reigns of my mind with visual images of Sammy's and Nuke's double move and our 61 yrd ACC record setting FG and passed slam out on my way to the floor! I haven't has a drink since 10 PM yesterday either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OK, I read to the point where he said FSU O>Our O...

Sep 18, 2012, 10:09 AM

Exactly. He lost me when he said FSU has a superior offense. What an idiot. Didn't read another word.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

it was more a match up thang...

Sep 18, 2012, 10:09 AM [ in reply to OK, I read to the point where he said FSU O>Our O... ]

Jimbo's offense, while not as fast as I would like, is perfect for bleeding Clemson to death. His slower and methodical drives will keep Boyd and his offense from finding their groove. I mean they gave up 260 yards rushing and 27 points to Ball State.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a BS filter that prevents me from being conned.

Sep 18, 2012, 10:49 AM

I guess the guy told why their special teams is better than ours because they had a faster and more evasive return man than Sammy too, huh?

I'll concede that while our fast paced offense will prevent them from substituting as liberally as the want their ability to move the ball on the ground may tire our guys up front. But you have to admit we will be able to substitute and stay fresher, longer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the 38 mins the furmen held the ball don't bother me either

Sep 18, 2012, 11:03 AM

after half the bottle is gone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: O-Line and D-Line Getting No Respect

Sep 18, 2012, 10:13 AM

The thing is if the OL ends up getting dominated, we have plenty of quick get the ball out plays (screens, jet stream, etc.) I am nervous about their DL, even more so than I was against Auburn. But our DL is young, but man are they talented. One guy who I know the QB will be scrambling when he comes in is Vic Beasley. Kid is a monster. Reminds me of a Melvin Ingram how quick he is. Yes, their DL will get plenty of pressure on Tajh, but anyone who think EJ will have all day to make passes has another thing coming to them. Either way this article is biased, and of course they will put the Noles up on a pedestal. They have always been on one in the eyes of everyone, including the media. But that hasn't stopped us from doing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fxcf9haxAe8

Go Tigers!

You sniff enough of Osceola's droppings..

Sep 18, 2012, 10:17 AM

You come up with chit like this!

Unemployment must be rampant in Florida. This horse sniffer has way too much time on his hands..Scores by quarters ???

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Someone help me w/ the math here.....

Sep 18, 2012, 10:22 AM

2nd: CU: 13 FSU: 24---3rd: CU: 17 FSU: 31

So he's saying that we'll get 2 safety's in the 3rd quarter??

Wow! Maybe our defense isn't so bad after all!***

Sep 18, 2012, 10:39 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glutton for punishment that I am, I read it all...

Sep 18, 2012, 10:22 AM

In a nutshell, and to save y'all the annoyance:

----
We will win.

FSU is better. FSU will win.

Clemson will score, but we'll score more because Clemson didn't destroy Auburn.

People talk about Sammy, Boyd, Hopkins and maybe Ellington (leaving out a good half-dozen other targets ... conspicuously Jaron Brown) but no one talks about Clemson's D being awesome like our's. And our D is so awesome, it makes our O awesome merely by wearing the same color uniform.

Clemson will trail 24-13 at the half and it will get worse for Clemson. Look for FSU to win 42-23 or some such.

We are awesome and Clemson is good. We have a better offense because our defense is better. I don't have any stats to support this, but its true because we are FSU and we will win.

---

Hope that helped.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, thanx. I just flushed...***

Sep 18, 2012, 10:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Turn it around - we don't want to read that stuff Rev.

Sep 18, 2012, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Glutton for punishment that I am, I read it all... ]

I already did - Tigers will win!
FSU will have half-time lead by a few points, however we will win 3rd and 4th quarters big going away 38-31 as our lines take over the exhausted fsu lines! SHOCKING THE WORLD! GO TIGERS JUST WIN!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still see a tie game late....

Sep 18, 2012, 10:42 AM

...then Manuel throws his third pick of the game. Clemson gets the ball at its own 30. Two plays later, we're at the FSU 47 with 5 seconds remaining.

Spencer kicks a 64-yard FG that clears the bar just as the scoreboard clock hits 0.

Instant classic.

You forgot one important part Rev...

Sep 18, 2012, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Glutton for punishment that I am, I read it all... ]

The reason we have been beating them is apparently due to the fact that they never took us seriously and didn't prepare for us like they did Florida and Miami. But this year will be different.

I ain't skeered, Clemson's coming!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

By their Oline/Dline reasoning...

Sep 18, 2012, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Glutton for punishment that I am, I read it all... ]

Shouldn't we have the best DBs in college football?

Clemson

Our D will not only get one safety in the 3rd. But two.***

Sep 18, 2012, 10:25 AM

They shouldn't let people who know nothing about football ..

Sep 18, 2012, 10:30 AM

Write about football.

First of all, Clemson HAS been in "rowdy" environments, and won. Doak is deathly quiet when FSU is losing.

Second, our offense looks at the sideline for the play and most of the audibles are for the OL, which can hear them. We also have this thing we call "hand signals" that we use.

Third, "delay of game penalties"? Have you seen our offense? Fast paced is a vast understatement. I like " break neck pace" better

Fourth, if FSU wants to go to a 3 man front, they better start off in a 3 man front, cause our break neck offense does not allow substitutions.

I look forward to watching their AWESOME DL get road graded in the 4th qtr with their hands on ther hips, completely out of gas after 100 plays.

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hopefully they'll be gassed in the third.***

Sep 18, 2012, 10:34 AM

Re: hopefully they'll be gassed in the third.***

Sep 18, 2012, 10:48 AM

I'm hoping to see them gassed on the 11th play of our opening drive.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

They'll be gassed after the first drive, 08.

Sep 18, 2012, 10:52 AM [ in reply to hopefully they'll be gassed in the third.*** ]

AU was and they knew what was coming too.

I only hope that every player on fsu's

Sep 18, 2012, 11:39 AM

team is that overconfident.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic