Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some Glaring Weaknesses with BB and Staff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1,235

Some Glaring Weaknesses with BB and Staff

Mar 10, 2016, 10:45 AM

- The Big Men on the team are not getting better during their time at CU
- Coach never put the Big Men on the court at the same time (even at the end of the game taking into account foul trouble)
- Basic inbound plays are non existent
- Offensive Sets for halftime / game ending plays are non existent, not practiced and/or poorly executed
- Who the best defensive player on the team? That should be easily recognized. (#2 and #3 from Tech were poorly guarded AGAIN)
- Poor box out technique on both offensive and defensive side of the ball
- Defensively - the lack of communication and switching
- Bench Management is horrendous.

The Bench is the greatest motivator in basketball. It is also the best place for teaching moments. When have you seen an head / assistant coach take time coach instead of communicating in a frustrated manor?

Coach Dale

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My personal favorite, is walking the ball up court with 10 s

Mar 10, 2016, 10:55 AM

Knowing you need a score to win. Ending up with a horrendous shot ....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i scared my wife

Mar 10, 2016, 11:45 AM

i yelled at the TV so loud when Holmes took so long to walk the ball up the court

truly a WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot moment

Was waiting for Blossomgame to get free, but yes, agree***

Mar 10, 2016, 11:48 AM [ in reply to My personal favorite, is walking the ball up court with 10 s ]

Re: Some Glaring Weaknesses with BB and Staff

Mar 10, 2016, 10:58 AM

I agree totally with your spot on post. I will only add that BB is really over his head in the finer points of coaching. Your last point about the lack of bench coaching is spot on. Sounds to me like you've coached at a fairly high level where the difference between winning and losing is often in the points that you made!!!

back again with your coaching genius...

Mar 10, 2016, 11:06 AM

we're all still waiting for you to tell us where and when you coached....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: back again with your coaching genius...

Mar 10, 2016, 11:21 AM

You don't have to be a professional coach to see common sense problems. A great coach corrects common problems everyday. It's called coaching. Its like yes sir and no sir...you keep correcting it until you get the desired results.

my thing is, we are all on tigernet to express our opinions

Mar 10, 2016, 11:31 AM

we are not coaches. brad brownell didnt get hired at clemson because clemson 'hoped' he could be a good coach. he proved that by working his way up the ranks. some people come on here after coaching their kids church basketball team to a 12u championship and think they know more than a divison 1 head coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: my thing is, we are all on tigernet to express our opinions

Mar 10, 2016, 1:55 PM

just because we want to do other things with our career doesn't mean we don't know about different sports and how to coach em. Coaching is all about developing players and developing a team concept to win games. No team is alike year after year with different players every year. Play to strengths and change what doesn't work and do things that do work. Easy enough for 1.7 mill or whatever it is.

Mar 10, 2016, 11:21 AM [ in reply to back again with your coaching genius... ]

You don't have to be a professional coach to see common sense problems. A great coach corrects common problems everyday. It's called coaching. Its like yes sir and no sir...you keep correcting it until you get the desired results.

Mar 10, 2016, 12:26 PM [ in reply to back again with your coaching genius... ]

Easleytiger: Just can't seem to keep your ing mouth shut now can you loser!~ Go back in your hole and when I want any input from you'll I'll rattle your play toy. I coached for over 20 years in a major sport, coached as assistant and head coach of Division I and Olympic athletes in both the U. S. and International competition. Candidly, I forgot more about coaching than you'll ever know so it's about time you read up on the art and skills required to be a top coach because clearly you're totally ignorant of them.

I think the big men do get better. I see it.

Mar 10, 2016, 10:59 AM

That said, they were never that talented in the first place. I see them improve though.

Agreed

Mar 10, 2016, 1:17 PM

In mid-January, all the TV commentators were praising the huge improvement Landry Nnoko was showing in his offensive game. When he was able to stay out of foul trouble, he was a force, and possibly at that point was among the top centers in the league.

Since then he's regressed big-time, but there was that spark earlier in the season. What happened to it, I have no idea.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I try not to question coaching, but 1 thing that bothers me

Mar 10, 2016, 11:05 AM

is that we never try to go for a 2 for 1 at the end of the half. We'll get the ball with 50 seconds left (or something like that) and instead of trying to get a good quick possession and getting the ball back, we bleed the clock down to 30 seconds and give the opponent the last possession

Re: I try not to question coaching, but 1 thing that bothers me

Mar 10, 2016, 12:31 PM

easlettiger: You shouldn't question anyone or anything about coaching since you're too ignorant about coaching at any level! There stupidity of your comments and questions is astounding but then again look where your'e from!

Mar 10, 2016, 11:50 AM

The weaknesses I see is CBB. The dude is Tommy Bowden....but maybe worse.

Excellent analysis

Mar 10, 2016, 12:44 PM

I have been saying many of those points for years now

You Mean This Weakness??

Mar 10, 2016, 2:04 PM
image.jpeg(87.5 K)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Mar 10, 2016, 2:24 PM

That coaching job during the last 8 minutes of last night's game was the worst ever!!!! And I mean entire coaching staff!!!! How low do we need to go?

Replies: 18
| visibility 1,235
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic