Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some Clemson conversation during the SEC CG....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Some Clemson conversation during the SEC CG....

Dec 6, 2014, 4:55 PM

IMHO, the one area of Clemson football that needs the most attention (judging on performance the last few years) is our Special Teams play....to be honest, I'm not even 100% sure who the ST coach is....but, our punt returns have been largely non-existant; we had one KO returned for a TD this year against one of the Sisters of Mercy, I can't remember the last time we blocked a punt, and we've had a bunch of punts downed near our own goal line leaving our offense 90+ yards to go. Bradley Pinion has a good leg and has good hang time, but he's not developed the proverbial "coffin kick" yet. I was thrilled about the onside kick effort against the chickens, but eventually it was disqualified too.

I say this stuff not because I'm unhappy overall with our team or staff--in fact, just the opposite. But the vast improvement made by our offense and defense has overshadowed the special teams aspect of the total program. And I harbor no illusions that our staff is unaware of the need for ST's to improve....I"m sure they'd like to see a lot more sparkle there too.

Eh?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe one of these hotshots coming in will..

Dec 6, 2014, 5:00 PM

.be our next CJ Spiller on returns.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some Clemson conversation during the SEC CG....

Dec 6, 2014, 5:03 PM

The offensive line is the area where we don't stack up well against the best teams.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2014, 5:19 PM

thought pinion set a new records for punts downed inside the 20

Dec 6, 2014, 5:24 PM

Pinion has been our main special teams weapon. Kicker was a position with a lot of inconsistency this year, and the returners could be a little more of a game changer. The special teams coordinator is Danny Pearman and he is also tight ends coach.

Good critique..***

Dec 6, 2014, 5:05 PM

Can't believe no one's called u a coot yet

Yep...I've always felt that our Not rushing the punter or

Dec 6, 2014, 6:28 PM

Setting up a better up-field blocking scheme (like UGa's "legal" wedge) would be a small start..plus our boys don't seem jazzed up OR feel extra special as a unit that IS truly one-third of our Team.

GoTiGERS..keep winning!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2014, 7:09 PM

Um wrong, we did not return a kickoff but a punt and it was against Louisville.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic