Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
penny wise, pound foolish?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,253

penny wise, pound foolish?

Apr 12, 2016, 2:26 PM

On the day they announce the coach gets x $millions, they allocate the students to the upper deck?

Hey, its a marketplace, if people want to pay someone else for their own entertainment, please enjoy.

When I was a student, we sat on the hill and lower decks near the 10. I wish current and future students the same experience.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Current and future students can still have

Apr 12, 2016, 2:30 PM

the same experience

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: penny wise, pound foolish?

Apr 12, 2016, 2:33 PM

You also paid a far smaller percentage in tuition

null

Re: penny wise, pound foolish?

Apr 12, 2016, 2:48 PM

As an alumni, I would be more willing to shoulder more of the burden in order to keep student tickets free everywhere in the stadium, so that we could keep the atmosphere and keep the stadium LOUD. As someone said in another thread, this is an insult to not only the student body, but alum and everyone who pays into Alumni Association, IPTAY, etc.

We gotta pay to keep Dabo around.... haha why not drain the

Apr 12, 2016, 2:58 PM

coffers of an otherwise free service provided to a good chunk of the stadium. Let's say 10,000 students subscribe to the ticket system... that is $2.5 million dollars of additional ticket revenue.

It seems the most common argument around here is: "I didn't have to pay back when I was at CU! Why should they now?"

The landscape of CFB is changing drastically. We all know it has become an arms race and cash is king. If it means sustained, continued success out of our program I would spare no expense. I have faith in the administration and I think D-Rad has played a hand in bringing our athletics to their current level with room to grow.

Bottom line: Yes, it is kind of sad that Clemson, one of the last schools to provide totally free tickets, has finally buckled under pressure. But I think the benefits greatly outweigh maintaining the status quo.

So you think roughly 50% of the undergrad/grad student

Apr 12, 2016, 3:09 PM

population is paying $40 to IPTAY and $225 to the University for season tickets? No way in hell.

Maybe maybe you could convince me of that for the first year, but in subsequent seasons I bet its 33% max. Still good money for the University, and at some point they'll offer single game tickets for students, but I think people are vastly overestimating who's putting that on the credit card.

But good thing the University helps issue credit cards to students, I can see the signs now "Sign up for your BB&T MasterCard and join IPTAY Collegiate Club today!"

I honestly think that if an 18-22 year old kid cannot

Apr 12, 2016, 3:21 PM

allocate financial resources for the next four months in order to save up $225.00, then they have no business being in college in the first place.

Let's add up the amount of money that college students spend on alcohol and late night food runs... Believe me, the students will find a way to pay.

Pretty sure all have that capability, I question

Apr 12, 2016, 3:46 PM

whether given the choice if close to 10,000 will choose to this year and especially in subsequent years.

I think a lot more will than you realize. $225 is less than

Apr 12, 2016, 5:49 PM

the price of one college textbooks in many cases. I thank the majority of students will pay this money without thinking twice about it.

Best Priced Seats In The Stadium **

Apr 12, 2016, 4:17 PM [ in reply to I honestly think that if an 18-22 year old kid cannot ]

The cost of an IPHONE is what ?????? ___ $225 is a drop in the bucket** and I see most of the fans paying more attention to their phones than the game !!!! This is 2016 and we want a National Championship__ that will cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ---GO TIGERS !!!!

Pennywise?

Apr 12, 2016, 7:15 PM

The Clown?

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,253
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic