Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We'll never get back to the natty in my lifetime...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 6,345

We'll never get back to the natty in my lifetime...

Jan 14, 2016, 2:25 AM

No way we can replace 8 starters on defense and basically our entire o-line... (Say the pundits)

No way we can replace 8 or 9 starters on defense two years in a row... (Say the pundits)

Actually, I will NEVER doubt us winning a game DW is behind center in. Yes, we have a world of talent. Yes, our recruiting gives us the horses to be competitive with the big boys, to be one of the big boys, year in and year out, but DW just wills is through games. Just watching him answer opponents' "momentum changing" scores, fit throws into windows that don't even seem to be there, and make something happen out of nothing with regularity is something I've never seen. We have a lot of talent coming our way at QB, but we all need to sit back and soak up every second of DW gracing our program.

BV will have our defense ready and the stable is full on offense. It'll be fun to watch!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We'll never get back to the natty in my lifetime...

Jan 14, 2016, 3:54 AM

Some of these early defections are mind blowing. We are losing a lot. I'm tempering my expectations to hoping for a 10+ win season and a 3rd win over the coots.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We will have hands down the best offense

Jan 14, 2016, 7:27 AM

In the country. My humble opinion. No reason that they cannot carry the team for awhile until the defense gets rolling too. We will be in the playoffs next year as long as the team stays hungry.

Jan 14, 2016, 4:21 AM

I have to agree somewhat.It is going to be very
difficult to go undefeated again next season,
and unfortunately the only team in the country that is guaranteed
a spot in the playoff with one loss is the team that won Monday night.

yea...only 75% of this years CFP teams had a loss.***

Jan 14, 2016, 6:29 AM

Re: yea...only 75% of this years CFP teams had a loss.***

Jan 17, 2016, 4:57 PM

Exactly. A loss isn't the end of the season anymore. Ohio state almost made it back in with a pretty late season loss. If the team recruits well and stays focused, there should be no issue with becoming THE team in the ACC.

Not quite true...any one loss SEC champ will get in.***

Jan 17, 2016, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Re: We'll never get back to the natty in my lifetime... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2016, 6:06 AM

How can you say that when teams like Bama, OSU, and others always have a chance year in and year out to play for it all. Dabo has our Tigers on the same level as any power team in the country. We will get back soon through our recruiting. And we have enough elite players right that can and will get us back for the next few years. We got to the NC with less talent than we have now, and their only experience was playing through the season, OJT!!! Unless you are on your deathbed now, or you have told you have a death sentence from a disease you have now. Unless you are a victim of an accidental death, you will live long enough to see us back playing for the NC soon. You never lose hope when you have a stockpile of the ELITE talent that we have now!!! We will be back very soon, and if BV can pull off another year of the success he had last season of reloading our defense, we will be back in the title game in 2016. With this coaching staff at Clemson, I like our chances of returning again this season. Clemson pre Dabo is still to close in your thoughts. Let it go, and get All In behind the Clemson and Clemson coaches that originated the "All In" term of college Football!!! Goooo Tigersssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2016, 6:25 AM

I agree , vehemently . Just watch this small but powerful recruiting class we will sign in a few weeks . The signs that Clemson have arrived are now in our rear view .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 17, 2016, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: We'll never get back to the natty in my lifetime... ]

I was joking about is never getting back in my lifetime. That subject line was meant to be taken right along with my first two lines. Certainly next year with DW, I immediately think we have as good s chance as anybody, and as you have pointed out, with the way we have been recruiting we should be in consideration for quite a while. So many folks doubt our program. I have no doubts now. A lot of things can happen, injuries, anamolies, bad breaks, whatever, but you have to feel good if you have kept up with the program over the past five years or so. I am elated with his season. We could have won it... Maybe we should have won it... But I am very proud for the type of program we have. Being a great program doesn't ensure you play for or win a title, so I won't pretend we are entitled to one. I will just enjoy this era of Clemson Football.

Jan 17, 2016, 10:05 PM

Agree. Our talent is up there with anyone. DW makes the difference; he should be rated 6 star. With him, we will always have the edge even if defense and special teams underperform.

Mar 17, 2016, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Re: We'll never get back to the natty in my lifetime... ]

As you should!!! The Dabo Swinney erra has been and continuing to be a blessed time to be a Clemson Tiger!!!!! I don't think that one person that was a part of Tiger Nation when Dabo was hired as full time HC, None of us ever envisioned the type of success that Dabo has had and continuing to have. Not even those of us that was ok with Dabo's hire saw this type of success coming. Sometimes when I think about the abuse of what kind of idiots we were for defending Dabo's hire. I will crack a huge smile bc we didn't have a clue that Dabo's hire carried the success he brought to the Doomed program bc of his hire. We just knew we were going to back the nice guy that really wanted the job, and I believed he would do the best he could, but nothing even close to what he has been. And it was agreed many times over that, he was the biggest mistake (underdog) hire in the "History" of Clemson Head Coaching hires. But What An Awesome hire Dabo has proven to be the past 7 years as Clemson's Head Football Coach!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This time next year, we' ll be celebrating # 2.

Mar 17, 2016, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Re: We'll never get back to the natty in my lifetime... ]

Rematch with Bama, I hope and pray!

I don't think the pundits are saying that at all

Jan 17, 2016, 4:31 PM

I think most are saying we will be the number 1 team next year

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think the pundits are saying that at all

Jan 17, 2016, 4:48 PM

Well, it wasn't that way until after the game. Wait until next August. It wouldn't surprise me if the same old "Clemson can't get over the hump" talk resurfaces.

I do think a lot of people have bought in to the program, but that stuff fades pretty quick. Just ask yourself to name the two teams who were the runner up the two prior years to us. We will have to win two natty' over the next 5-10 years for there to be a national consideration of us being on the same tier as the Alabama's and Ohio State's. I think we can do that though, we just have to keep having some things fall our way.

Re: I don't think the pundits are saying that at all

Mar 17, 2016, 12:19 PM

But who cares, Clemson has heard all already, and if any of Clemson Nation falls for any of the same negative talk like the past talk, their just a dumb A$S like the ones doing the negative talking!!!

Jan 17, 2016, 4:57 PM

Hope you have life insurance. ....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2016, 10:15 PM

We are building a powerhouse program. It takes time. We can not expect Dabo to have overnight success that Saban had for several reasons. 1. Saban had a resume that in and of itsself attracted the nations top recruits(no matter where he is coach). 2. Alabama is loaded with money that puts it on an unequaled playing field. 4. Alabama still rides the coat tails of the Bear Bryant and Gene Stallings glory days. 5. Alabama has a commitment from its administration like no university has. Saban runs the show with no check or balance. Administration is hands off his program. He wants something, he gets it. Money is no object. Getting approval is no object.

Dabo has to have time. He will get it done.

Jan 17, 2016, 10:23 PM

What happened to #3? Is 3 the new 13 so we skip it? Just kidding, lol, I'm not really one of those grammar/syntax snobs.

Jan 17, 2016, 10:26 PM

My 5 year old was yapping at me and I forgot to type it.

Jan 17, 2016, 10:54 PM

LOL, enjoy that yapping; I can hardly get a word out of my 14 and 16 year olds these days. Would love to turn the clock back 9 or 10 years (maybe just for a day though).

Jan 17, 2016, 11:18 PM

I do enjoy him. I think he averages about 10,000 words per hour.

I love our coach's philosophy.

Jan 17, 2016, 10:15 PM

One first down at a time. One score at a time. One game at a time. Then comes the championships.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do not doubt the Dabo and the Occulus.....***

Mar 17, 2016, 12:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you have less than 10 months to live...

Mar 17, 2016, 2:31 PM

prayers sent

Re: So you have less than 10 months to live...

Mar 17, 2016, 3:15 PM

Please read beyond the subject line before responding:) It was an effort at irony. I expect us to be fairly regular representatives in the playoff for years to come and win at least a couple Marty's during Dabo's tenure.

Replies: 25
| visibility 6,345
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic