Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Caught a snippet of Road Rage this evening and laughed my head off
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Caught a snippet of Road Rage this evening and laughed my head off

Nov 13, 2014, 9:23 PM

You would have thought depTOOLa was talking about the 1995 Nebraska squad. "Sprinter speed" "best Oline in ACC" "best QB play he's seen"

I'm starting to think this man-crush with Johnson is deep rooted. He does realize this team lost to Duke at home and stinking UNC. I guess that doesn't count.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Caught a snippet of Road Rage this evening and laughed my head off

Nov 13, 2014, 9:28 PM

Ask him about turkey hunting - he thinks the 40 pound Butterballs are waddling wild in the SC woods. That show was a classic example of a self-proclaimed expert on all things sports showing a total lack of what should be common knowledge.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2014, 9:42 PM

He was attacking people in the afternoon if they disagreed. He became so irrationally emotional it was actually funny.

Nov 13, 2014, 9:57 PM

I have purposely not listened to him this week because of the love affair he has with PJ. It gets old. You would think after several years of it and nobody agrees with him nor does anyone wanna hear it that he would just at least tone it down some but geez it's worse than ever. He loses listeners because of it. Not smart.

Nov 13, 2014, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Caught a snippet of Road Rage this evening and laughed my head off ]

I for one was laughing. He sounded like a coot talking about Spurrier.

Nov 13, 2014, 10:17 PM

I was working in the upstate for a few days this week.....

How do people listen to that guy? He is incredibly arrogant and has the personality of a rock.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 13, 2014, 10:33 PM

The thing with Walt is people love him or absolutely hate him. I'll listen sometimes and other times I can't take it. He does analyze teams better than anybody else on wccp and is more honest and truthful than everyone. But he is arrogant and just plain rude a lot of times, and heaven forbid you call in and tell him he was wrong about something, he will twist his words around to make it sound like he didn't "exactly" say that. You gotta take the good with the bad.

Nov 13, 2014, 10:58 PM

Recently moved to the area, so I listen to him on the way home from work (didn't listen today though). Man, that lady he has on there is a real ditz. Other than that, the show is not that bad. He's usually pretty good on his predictions. Nobody is going to get them all right though. If he didn't come across as arrogant, the show would be pretty bland.

Nov 14, 2014, 6:51 AM

Ramona is a ditz because,gosh forbid Walt would have a co-host with any sense.
The show,on the other hand is bad.
Between Walt having to sell advertising on air to compensate his salary,his constant rumbling
so at times you never really know what he is saying or you will forget about it,his self proclaimed notion that he is far better than any of the other sport pundits on any other talk show, yet he has repeatedly said he would never lower himself to apply for a job with ESPN
or the likes because he likes the area,
Add to it this thing he has of never being wrong,or making you think you heard it wrong
adds up to more than arrogance.
I'm just not certain which word in the dictionary I could use to replace arrogant.

PS.Ever hear him actually say he was wrong?I haven't.

Nov 14, 2014, 8:23 AM

How can you not know what he's talking about? He repeats the same s@#t every 5 minutes. Tune hour 1,2 and 3 same S@#t word for word.

He SUCKS

Nov 14, 2014, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Caught a snippet of Road Rage this evening and laughed my head off ]

LOL I guess you didn't listen the week of the FSU - Louisville game ...he spent all day Friday saying how he was wrong. Personally I think he's hillarious and he is probably the most objective out of any of the local radio show hosts. He also does a nice job with his charity efforts.

Nov 14, 2014, 7:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Caught a snippet of Road Rage this evening and laughed my head off ]

Brad,

Last i checked he was below 50 percent on his picks. So I dont know where this notion of he is a good picker comes from. Hope you dont gamble if you are listening to those picks

Nov 14, 2014, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Caught a snippet of Road Rage this evening and laughed my head off ]

Ramona is a producer on WCCP. She's definitely ditsy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Nov 14, 2014, 6:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Caught a snippet of Road Rage this evening and laughed my head off ]

And the "ugly"

Just like most Yankees, thinks he knows more than anybody &

Nov 14, 2014, 7:33 AM

nobody else's opinion matters.

Not to creat a flame war, but if you want to know why I'm a

Nov 14, 2014, 8:12 AM

liberal, one strong piece of evidence is listening to ANY of the WCCP talking heads blather on about politics. There's an old saw about how Newt Gingrich is what stupid people think smart people sound like. Trust me, the WCCP radio jocks are what smart people think stupid people sound like.

So you are a liberal because you think you are

Nov 14, 2014, 8:18 AM

more intelligent than everyone else. Sounds typical.

Re: So you are a liberal because you think you are

Nov 14, 2014, 8:24 AM

That's the best reason he can come up with LOL

Re: Not to creat a flame war, but if you want to know why I'm a

Nov 14, 2014, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Not to creat a flame war, but if you want to know why I'm a ]

> liberal, one strong piece of evidence is listening to
> ANY of the WCCP talking heads blather on about
> politics. There's an old saw about how Newt Gingrich
> is what stupid people think smart people sound like.
> Trust me, the WCCP radio jocks are what smart people
> think stupid people sound like.

The Newt part reminds me of Obama. Obama is what stupid people think smart people sound like.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not to create a flame war, but if you want to know why I'm a

Nov 14, 2014, 10:21 AM

Yea because not to mean to you but I'm sure he's a lot smarter than you

Nov 14, 2014, 10:38 AM

And I'm sure Newt is much smarter than you or that lib above

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2014, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Not to create a flame war, but if you want to know why I'm a ]

But, if you want to talk smarts, you probably need to check your grammar.

;)

all threads about that terd help him a lot. Stop.***

Nov 14, 2014, 8:14 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: all threads about that terd help him a lot. Stop.***

Nov 14, 2014, 8:24 AM

Stop? You just joined in and helped him

my post makes no difference once the thread is going.

Nov 14, 2014, 10:41 AM

If anything maybe convincing one person to never start a thread about him would be a good thing.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Worst radio personality***

Nov 14, 2014, 9:32 AM

On the 105.5 The Roar... Hands down.

Complete pettifogger.

Does the word delusional work?

How about - self-contradictory
- Cockamamie
- Erroneous

Re: Worst radio personality***

Nov 14, 2014, 9:39 AM

Don't worry though - at least we know where to go if we want pizza, 29 degree draft beers, home security or if our roof is leaking :)

Nov 14, 2014, 12:47 PM

Walt's a jerk sometimes, but he's not wrong about Georgia Tech. They are easily the best offense in the conference and have been top 3 every year he's been there. They DO have a great O-line this year for the first time in a while, and DO have probably the best speed in the backfield of any ACC team (there literally are 2 champion sprinters starting).

Their problem is that their defense sucks, just like it has every year since 2008. They ran wild on UNC, only problem is UNC also ran wild and had the ball last. The QB (Thomas) got hurt early against Duke and had the worst game of his career trying to play through the injury before having to leave the game. They still put up 25 points and lost because of a defensive letdown.

Walt said before the season that Georgia Tech would win 9 games. They're 8-2 right now with a pretty good chance to pick up 1 more at some point, and even if they don't 8-4 is #### close to 9-3. Tell me how his prediction or anything else he said about GT was wrong?

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic