Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Stoudt starts against USC, we lose
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

If Stoudt starts against USC, we lose

Nov 18, 2014, 7:11 PM

Plain and simple. Pump all the Cole sunshine you want but it won't make him a better quarterback. Start Nick or figure out another option. Cole does not give this team their best opportunity to win. It would be smarter to kick field goals and punt on first down. I want to be proven wrong.

Even so, I will not boo Cole, and I think anyone that boos him is a big piece of ####. If anything, I will be cheering loudly for a not-so-good quarterback that still managed to get us 4 consecutive ACC wins.

Thank you Cole! I may not agree with the decision to start you, but god ###### I respect you.

GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Stoudt starts against USC, we lose

Nov 18, 2014, 7:16 PM

You have no idea what another loss means to my work life.

Nov 18, 2014, 7:36 PM

I agree, and I wonder if the coaches calling out people for booing are really just trying to sidestep the real noise, which is displeasure with the decision to leave him in. It's wrong to boo a player - period - but what I've heard, including this past weekend in Atlanta, is people frustrated with Morris for A) not having a shorter leash on the QB and B) calling plays that make no sense. GT fans were mocking us and thanking Morris for calling the same bubble screen from the same formation all year. It was only a matter of time before there were some pick sixes.

So, I will never boo a player, and I will rarely shout out in frustration over play calling, but good lord what are we doing?! I hope all three QBs get plenty of time this week while Watson rests, and I really hope we can beat the dirt peckers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Nov 18, 2014, 9:45 PM

Funny, so many of us were concerned Morris might jump ship for a HC job. Now, more than a few seem to fear we may be stuck with him.

This season stinks. At this point it matters little to me what becomes of what is left except for the impact it may have on recruiting. But. Morris, even though he seems to have no answers for this seasons myriad of problems sure figured out how to help dial in some major wins. Because of his history, I'm not ready to see him tossed and an objective person has to view this season as an aberration. If this proves to become a trend, we might get upset, but it is too early for this.

As for Stoudt, he screwed up pretty thoroughly last week - I'd bet he knew this before we did and wishes like hell he could find a rock to crawl under. Don't know how the guy could be in the system for four years and be no more prepared than he appears.

The preparedness is the hardest thing to get past.

Nov 18, 2014, 10:29 PM

That is coaching, 100%. It's also the coaches job to get him ready for the next game, but I'm not sure that Stoudt can recover from that. The coaches let him down with the play calling.

That said, if Schuessler can't come in and play, we shouldn't have put him on scholarship. Let the kid have a shot.

If the 3rd or 4th string guy starts we also lose.

Nov 18, 2014, 7:45 PM

Let's hope Watson heals fast. While I don't think Cole is the man, in our situation,he's what we got. One backup QB was so far down the depth chart at Mississippi State he left and walked on at Clemson. The other is a graduate student that never saw the field for 4 years at Stanford. Until DW heals that's it and people continually whining like either QB would be capable of doing the job when they can't just proves your ignorance and agenda.

Re: If the 3rd or 4th string guy starts we also lose.

Nov 18, 2014, 7:47 PM

Stoudt is a 3rd or 4th string guy what's your point?

So we should assume Cole's backups can't get it done?

Nov 18, 2014, 8:12 PM [ in reply to If the 3rd or 4th string guy starts we also lose. ]

Remember when Dabo told us Cole was ahead of DW on the depth chart. We should just assume Dabo is right now and play Cole. No thanks. I'd rather we take a chance.

THe only reason Cole was ahead of DW on the deptrh chart

Nov 18, 2014, 10:22 PM

was his broken collar bone that took him out of spring ball. Too bad some can't see the forest for the trees.

Nov 18, 2014, 7:56 PM

Hey dude you're right! but be careful tonight......telling it like it is only popular the day of a loss.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, if the Defense and Special Teams that played

Nov 18, 2014, 8:58 PM

Louisville shows up, Clemson will win regardless who is at QB.

Louisville is a better team than SCar.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Actually, if the Defense and Special Teams that played

Nov 18, 2014, 10:25 PM

Helll, at this point every team we have played minus SC ST and Wake are better than Sakerlina. We will beat them if DRad has to quarterback.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic