Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So the upstate weather people called for snow a few days ago
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 490

So the upstate weather people called for snow a few days ago

Feb 20, 2020, 5:13 AM

And now that day has arrived and they’re all in “major winter event” mode, but the forecast says the low temperature today will be 38 degrees. It’s fake news, man!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was 38ish the last 2 times it snowed.

Feb 20, 2020, 6:36 AM

The difference is that those 2 started in the morning and finished by mid afternoon. Those temps stayed above freezing. This one is going to start at lunch and then go til dark. Friday morning is going to be down to 28 or so. 7 hours of wintery mix followed by a dip in temperature around 3 or 4am + SC drivers.
Better go get the last of the bread and milk this morning.
Oh, and that ish is coming from ATL.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hi, welcome to the South where we get worked up every

Feb 20, 2020, 6:45 AM

winter for the potential snow. Obviously, from your comment, you are new to the South, presumably from Ohio or Pennsylvania. Make sure that when school gets closed for 1" snow in the backwoods areas, you post memes on Facebook showing how much snow falls in your hometown back up North when you still have to go to school versus the sunny day that we will presumably have after school is cancelled.

If you happened to go to the grocery store yesterday or today, please make sure you take pictures of the milk and bread aisles so that you can laugh at people being prepared and make fun of them for doing the exact same thing you are doing. Please include a joke about milk sandwiches while you are at it.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don’t forget...

Feb 20, 2020, 6:50 AM

Be the first person at work to call in because your car got stuck in the ditch.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I greatly prefer guy who normally comes in around 9:00

Feb 20, 2020, 6:56 AM

but shows up at 6:15 on the one snow day just so he can laugh at people who take longer getting to the office. At my first job, the Survey Manager (RIP) and the Office Manager were both in SUPER early on snow days when they were usually taking their sweet ass time getting in.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve never seen a more incorrect assumption about a person in my life.

Feb 20, 2020, 6:53 AM [ in reply to Hi, welcome to the South where we get worked up every ]

But it does sound like your circle of Facebook friends is a hoot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My other response was going to be "OK, Boomer" for using

Feb 20, 2020, 6:57 AM

the phrase Fake News.

Hey, Hey!

Feb 20, 2020, 7:02 AM

Don’t get all beefie on us boomers!
Greenr

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would’ve been incorrect as well.***

Feb 20, 2020, 9:55 AM [ in reply to My other response was going to be "OK, Boomer" for using ]

This has all the markings of a foot of snow in

Feb 20, 2020, 7:22 AM [ in reply to Hi, welcome to the South where we get worked up every ]

the Columbia Metro area. Or....Sunny and 60 degrees. Either way. What will not happen is a cold rain ending with light snow and perhaps a dusting.

I'm 43 years old and exactly ONE TIME was there ever a winter event that required a grocery run. Think it was in 1985 or 1986. Had a half-foot of sleet and days of sub-freezing weather. Roads stayed bad for a good 5-6 days.

Every other snow/winter event in the past 43 years in Columbia has resulted in NO MORE THAN 2 DAYS of bad roads.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Charlie Gertz used to call it "went-ree" mix... couldn't say wintry.

Feb 20, 2020, 7:13 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

LOL! and in a deep gravely voice he’d say

Feb 20, 2020, 7:31 AM

“there’s a cold front from Saskatchewan”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on where you are I guess

Feb 20, 2020, 8:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Pickens County schools close at noon

Feb 20, 2020, 8:31 AM

yet Bi-Lo remains open, thank Mothra.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure Chris Justus is probably JOing furiously

Feb 20, 2020, 9:43 AM

watching out the window, just waiting for that first flake. That dude loves him some severe weather.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you ain't in trouble until Jim Cantore shows up......***

Feb 20, 2020, 9:49 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Replies: 15
| visibility 490
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic