Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So now we need to take the flag off the state house grounds?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 533

So now we need to take the flag off the state house grounds?

Jun 22, 2015, 4:33 PM

Wasn't there a compromise a few years back between supporters of the flag and those that wanted it down to put it where it currently is?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the first I'm hearing about it.

Jun 22, 2015, 4:34 PM

Link?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So now we need to take the flag off the state house grounds?

Jun 22, 2015, 4:35 PM

Why is it flying on our state grounds? Didn't the people flying that flag lose? Its a flag for losers.

#Murica

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, calling 289,000 people that died "losers"

Jun 22, 2015, 4:40 PM

#SoBrave

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: Man, calling 289,000 people that died "losers"

Jun 22, 2015, 4:41 PM

They lost. What would you like for me to call them? Thank your God they lost too or our world would be even worse.

#progress

Ignorance is bliss, pal***

Jun 22, 2015, 4:44 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ignorance is bliss, pal***

Jun 22, 2015, 4:46 PM

Delusion is bliss, pal.

What exactly am I saying that is delusional?

Jun 22, 2015, 4:50 PM

The fact that hundreds of thousands of people died for that flag, defending the constitution?

The political whitewashing of America that has been going on for the last decade?

Re: What exactly am I saying that is delusional?

Jun 22, 2015, 5:09 PM

They lost. The union was held. Very glad I don't live in the Confederate States of America.

So nothing to do with my argument?

Jun 22, 2015, 5:12 PM

Or the points I am making? Got it.

Re: So nothing to do with my argument?

Jun 22, 2015, 5:31 PM

The argument that 289,000 people died fighting on the losing side? What day does Germany honor the Nazi's? I can't remember.

You need to read a book.***

Jun 22, 2015, 5:42 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You need to read a book.***

Jun 22, 2015, 6:11 PM

I've read plenty. Why don't you give me a quick break down of why we succeeded. And please don't say the block-aids.

Re: You need to read a book.***

Jun 22, 2015, 6:26 PM

*seceded

Slavery was not illegal in 1861

Jun 23, 2015, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Re: You need to read a book.*** ]

Yet the national government was trying to tell individual states what they could and could not do. King Cotton was the biggest export at the time and people all across the country, including those in northern states, were making money off of it. You act like slavery and severe racism only happened in the Southern states and that us backwoods country rednecks were the only ones that had our hands in the slave trade.

I am a firm believer in the Constitution (which seems to put me in the minority these days) and until December of 1865, the 13th Amendment did not exist. This was one of the first times the federal government of the United States attempted to take away individual State's rights because at this time, the federal government was weak (as it should be, based on the constitution) and many states believed that the federal government lacked the control is was trying to achieve.

###?!

Jun 22, 2015, 7:04 PM [ in reply to Re: So nothing to do with my argument? ]

Good Lord man. Really?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All of the families of German soldiers honor those that

Jun 23, 2015, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Re: So nothing to do with my argument? ]

fell during WWII, as they should. There is a severe difference between the Nazi soldiers and your typical German soldier of WWII. It was either fight for your country or be executed. Those soldiers were fighting for their county. The majority of the population had no idea about the concentration camps or the atrocities that Hitler was conducting behind the scenes. A life lost is a life lost, whether fighting for a losing cause, a winning cause, a right cause or a wrong cause.

I had a grandfather that fought in WWII for Germany and who died shortly thereafter. I consider him a hero.

But Bocephus told me we'd a had it made.

Jun 22, 2015, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Man, calling 289,000 people that died "losers" ]

Oh well, probably shouldn't have taken friendship advice from him either.

Northerners gave their life to fight for the black man's

Jun 22, 2015, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Man, calling 289,000 people that died "losers" ]

freedom.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So it wasn't the draft that made them do it?

Jun 22, 2015, 4:54 PM

Think about all those willing northerners that almost burned NYC to the ground and all the blacks that were killed and hung in the city in July 1863. Those fighting for the north didn't give a #### about freeing the slaves. They didn't want to fight for blacks. They were forced to fight Abe's war.

Educate yourself before you spit so much ######## that has been stuffed into your brain

http://www.history.com/news/four-days-of-fire-the-new-york-city-draft-riots

In school, I was taught that

Jun 22, 2015, 4:57 PM

There was a war about slavery and the good guys won and everyone is happy.

California in the 70's

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's still basically taught that way today.***

Jun 22, 2015, 4:59 PM

The North fought to keep the Union together.

Jun 22, 2015, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Northerners gave their life to fight for the black man's ]

The South fought for state's rights and slavery. There wasn't enough support in the North to fight the war on grounds of freeing slaves.

Some probably did

Jun 22, 2015, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Northerners gave their life to fight for the black man's ]

Just like some probably didn't fight for the south to preserve slavery.

Attitudes and actions related to slavery at the time were a lot more complex than they are today. That's not to say that our attitude towards slavery should be anything more than a simple rejection, but to point out that the real, historical people that were involved in it can't easily be categorized as good guys or bad guys. I was just reading about John Randolph and his opposition to slavery and belief that Africans brought to the US should be free. Randolph was also active in working to find free African former slaves a country of their own in Africa. But Randolph owned over 300 African slaves and only freed them in his will after he died. So what should we think of John Randolph?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm with Gov Haley - take off that flag!***

Jun 22, 2015, 5:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least she's a Christian***

Jun 22, 2015, 5:18 PM

She's a politician so she's whatever anyone wants her to be.***

Jun 22, 2015, 7:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

um

Jun 22, 2015, 7:13 PM

I think he's referring to the pic. Doubt she's a politician! lol

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure but the compromise isn't for life. They passed a bill

Jun 22, 2015, 6:04 PM

putting it there, but just like any bill or law, it can be voted on again as the same bill or as another bill.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 533
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic