Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Counted 6 threads below still talking about LSU win 6 months
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 72
| visibility 1

Counted 6 threads below still talking about LSU win 6 months

Jul 7, 2013, 10:16 AM

later in the dang Chic Fila.

Great win but time to move on...kind of Mickey Mouse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

mickey mouse like pointing them out or mickey mouse in

Jul 7, 2013, 10:19 AM

another fashion?

tia.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mickey Mouse as in amateurish. It's embarrassing

Jul 7, 2013, 10:30 AM

To be so rah rah 6 months after CF bowl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i don't disagree with the sentiment, just the application.***

Jul 7, 2013, 10:35 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In theory, it's highly likely that fan focus on...

Jul 7, 2013, 11:21 AM

the previous game could cause us to loose the next game.

It's clear to anyone that when fans get distracted by a big win there are horrible shockwaves which cause quantum vibrations even in the subatomic structures of the furthermost masses in the ultraverse.

In more complicated terms: evidently, it's not the primary wave, though the responsibility for the damage clearly resides with it, that takes the blame, it's the quantum vibrations generated by it's harmonic resonation.

The Mickey Mouse themesong is more powerful than was first suspected for it provided us with out first real-time opportunity to examine the simplicity of Heisenberg's simple explanation and see that his theory was in fact our only solution to the world of quantum forces as related to fan participation in sports. Einstein ignored these most important and complicated matter to pursue lesser contemporary relevant issues like time travel and his mickey mouse theory of relativity.

So in lay-terms are you simply saying we need to focus on uGAY?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

in short, no. i'm saying calling college football fans

Jul 7, 2013, 12:30 PM

"amateurish" is patently stupid.

it was a great win for a number of reasons, but i have moved on.

if you & others want to celebrate it, idc & ok, but don't ask me to buy you a beer for the effort.

;)

the link provided should be helpful in separating those who do from those who don't; joseph can thank me later.

http://www.disneystore.com/accessories/ear-hats-mickey-mitts/disney-parks-authentic/mn/1000292+1000809/

Well, I NEVER!

Jul 7, 2013, 4:00 PM

If you are going to bich slap me in public like that you can just sleep on the couch tonight.

No, Joseph can't spend the night, before you ask.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its not it being the Chic Filet bowl

Jul 7, 2013, 10:25 AM

The fact is LSU was one of the better teams in the nation overall. Top 10 talent for sure i dont think many will argue that. The certaily had one of the best defenses. With all the hype and talk of how dominant the SEC is Clemson shut them up.

Alot of statements were made in that game:

LSU was a national title contender team for most of the season.

My favorite being that LSU couldnt handle our HUNH offense. Ill be up front and just say it, they were too tired to play and purposely faked injuries to slow down our game. Thats a pretty desperate move by an SEC team vs an ACC team

The fact is we did it without our starting RT, homerum threat WR Bryant, and ALL Purpose best player in Watkins, and two of our starting DBs.

There is a reason they call it bragging rights. If thats not the case, then the SEC needs to shut up about everything theyve done in the past. Funny how they lose a game and all of a sudden they are telling other teams to shut up

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's embarrassing for CF Bowl win.***

Jul 7, 2013, 10:31 AM

If people are allowed to keep running their mouths about

Jul 7, 2013, 1:40 PM

WV scoring again for a whole year, I don't see it a big deal to enjoy a hugh win as a turning point for this program.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Remember this ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Jul 7, 2013, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Its not it being the Chic Filet bowl ]

Clemson teams of the recent past would have lost this game. Perhaps this is a sign that our Tigers have turned the corner and now know how to pull out wins against quality teams. LSU was ranked number one at times last season. An effort such as the one we saw in the bowl would surely have won the FSU game earlier in the year.
Winning is contagious. Excuse us if many fans choose to remember the 'good times'.

Clemson teams of the recent past would have LOST this game. Hopefully, this is a sign that the Tigers have turned the corner

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Remember this ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Jul 7, 2013, 11:37 AM

That we have indeed 'turned the corner,' is my hope.

Re: Its not it being the Chic Filet bowl

Jul 7, 2013, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Its not it being the Chic Filet bowl ]

The Chik-Fil-A Bowl gets the 5th best from the SEC. I'm real impressed.

It was a team that took Alabama to the wire

Jul 7, 2013, 1:46 PM

a team that beat the only team to beat #1 Alabama in Texas A&M. Beat USuCk. Took Florida to the wire in the swamp....... If the SEC is the best, then we wore down and beat one of the best. 5th place my @ss.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: Its not it being the Chic Filet bowl

Jul 7, 2013, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Its not it being the Chic Filet bowl ]

Apparently the SEC is supreme in all of college football so I guess we beat the fifth best team in the world. Not bad for a bunch of country boys with a cheerleader as a coach.

Re: Counted 6 threads below still talking about LSU win 6 months

Jul 7, 2013, 10:27 AM

Who's the leader of the band it's plain for you to see.

That was our last game and we are in the middle of another downtime depression. Everybody take some form of self prescribed medication.

Some troll for coots. Some just troll. I find being a contentious azzhole entertains me.

What gets you buy, condescension?

Condescension over Mickey Mouse every time.***

Jul 7, 2013, 10:32 AM

Re: Condescension over Mickey Mouse every time.***

Jul 7, 2013, 10:42 AM

LOL, is it ok with you if I give up contention and try the condenscension thing. I know it would stress you to loose your "peerlessness," but hey, that highhorse looks strong enough to support two.

Would you call me bi-polar if I mastered both attitudes? :)

Jul 7, 2013, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Counted 6 threads below still talking about LSU win 6 months ]

MIC KEY

MO usc

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 7, 2013, 10:31 AM

It is time to move on from that game.

Jul 7, 2013, 10:34 AM

Hey Elmer Fudd,
It's the last football game we played. Crawl back under your rock!

Jul 7, 2013, 11:51 AM

"crawl back under your rock" from the poster who's had only 38 posts in decade?

Ok.

#### that noise. I still talk #### to my UT friends.

Jul 7, 2013, 10:39 AM

Scoreboard, beetches

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: #### that noise. I still talk #### to my UT friends.

Jul 7, 2013, 10:47 AM

I live with UcheaT Fan. I never go out without a Paw cap. I look 'em eye to eye (YEAH, THAT LOOK) and dare 'em to comment.

Do you remind them that they fired Phat Phil and hired Lame Kitten?

I also love reminding them that we got their quarterback.

if they get lippy, I ask 'em if they want a little of this:

Jul 7, 2013, 10:54 AM

GIFSoup

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MIC-KEY MO usc?***

Jul 7, 2013, 10:40 AM

null

that is pretty good !

Jul 7, 2013, 12:04 PM

+1.

Jul 7, 2013, 10:45 AM

How the F did you accumulate 22k points?

Jul 7, 2013, 11:52 AM

By being reasonable? It is unreasonable, as fans of a top-notch program, to still be harping on a win in a mid-tier bowl 6 months later?

67-13 67-13 67-13 67-13 Coots lose by more pts coots lose

Jul 7, 2013, 5:14 PM

Deer football season, please hurry!!

<3<3

We would rather focus on that game than the game before.

Jul 7, 2013, 10:46 AM

Just my opinion.

What's your arbitrary deadline for fans to enjoy their last

Jul 7, 2013, 10:57 AM

game of the season? 90 days same as cash?

Seems a very odd reason to get all high and mighty on a Sunday morning.

If we had made the dance, I'd say March. Since we

Jul 7, 2013, 11:00 AM

didn't, April would be high water mark.;)

LOL...Heck, I've got Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy,

Jul 7, 2013, 11:15 AM

Pluto and Unka Scrooge all rolled up into a neat package, for I still talk about our '81 great victory in the NC against Nebraska! Seems discussing victories during the voids of off-seasons is a better pursuit than moaning about losses.

Thus, the reposting on TNet of CFA bowl memories doesn't bother me one iota. After all there's always that ability to "ignore."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL...Heck, I've got Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy,

Jul 7, 2013, 11:21 AM

Thumb Up for "iota"!

First use of the word in Tigernet in 20 years!

We need a vocabulary word each day.

null

LOL...I'm afraid that many of my words are a lot older

Jul 7, 2013, 11:46 AM

than 20 years. In fact I find that I spend as much time translating my vocab for my Grandson, as I do speaking. Of course, he suggests I attempt a little modernization, but I just have a difficult time with the "I'm gone do" this or that....just saying.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can talk about NCs for a lifetime w/out

Jul 7, 2013, 11:34 AM [ in reply to LOL...Heck, I've got Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, ]

appearring Mickey Mouse...comes with territory. CF wins should only last a few months at most.

Maybe...unless the nature of the victory is worth the

Jul 7, 2013, 11:49 AM

re-telling. Of course, another will emerge to take its place...and the list will continue along with the rehashing ad nauseam. The problem, as I age, is remembering many from the past! LOL

Jul 7, 2013, 11:17 AM

It was our most recent football game and we are all dying for football. It was a great win so why not talk about it. If we are 2-3 five weeks into the season and we are still talking about it then yes, I would agree with you.

Jul 7, 2013, 12:00 PM

You do realize LSU finished 6th in the SEC behind Vanderbilt?

1. Alabama (13-1, 7-1 SEC): Total domination in the championship game and three titles in four years? A load of NFL talent on both sides of the ball? Alabama had it all (again), and even with a team that didn't exactly have the same sort of defensive talent as it did a year ago, the Crimson Tide still made it to the BCS title game and came away with a commanding 42-14 victory over Notre Dame in a game that was over when the Tide arrived on South Beach. With the talent Alabama has coming back, the Tide could once again be in the national championship picture.

2. Texas A&M (11-2, 6-2 SEC): Thanks to Johnny Football, the Aggies ended the season as one of the nation's hottest teams. There are some out there who think A&M might be the best team in the country, despite its two losses. Johnny Manziel was the nation's best player and even without Kliff Kingsbury helping him on the sideline against Oklahoma, he ran all over the Sooners for a bowl-record 516 total yards in a total rout. Imagine if both of those Aggies tackles return in 2013.

3. Georgia (12-2, 7-1 SEC): The Bulldogs capped off the 2012 season with a 45-31 win over Nebraska in the Capital One Bowl. It wasn't exactly the bowl the Bulldogs wanted to be in, after coming up just yards short of making it to the BCS title game in Alabama's place, but you have to admire how this team came out and won like it did. Back-to-back SEC title game appearances is nothing for this team to be ashamed of.

4. South Carolina (11-2, 6-2 SEC): The Gamecocks had a legitimate shot at our No. 3 spot, but at the end of the day, Georgia's appearance in Atlanta, coupled with its 14-point bowl win, kept South Carolina behind the Bulldogs. Still, what a year for the Gamecocks. Behind the coaching of Steve Spurrier, South Carolina won 11 games in consecutive seasons for the first time in school history. The Gamecocks also beat back-to-back ranked opponents to close out the season.

5. Florida (11-2, 7-1 SEC): After entering the postseason with arguably the country's best résumé, the Gators fell flat on their faces against Louisville in the Allstate Sugar Bowl. Their 10-point loss didn't show just how bad the game was for Florida. The Gators might not have wanted to be there and Florida clearly didn't show up for its first BCS bowl since 2009. But you can't discount what Florida did during the regular season. It didn't have a pretty offense, but it defeated four top-10 teams, including ACC champ Florida State in Tallahassee in a year in which the Gators weren't expected to win nine games.

6. LSU (10-3, 6-2 SEC): The Tigers had a very up-and-down year, and it ended on a very down note with that last-second loss to Clemson in the Chick-fil-A Bowl. LSU was totally off its offensive game in the second half, turning to the pass more than the run. With that offense struggling in the fourth quarter, LSU's defense was left huffing and puffing as Tajh Boyd & Co. gutted it for three straight scoring drives. But LSU did win double-digit games for the third straight year, and it took Alabama down to the wire and beat Johnny Football.

7. Vanderbilt (9-4, 5-3 SEC): The Commodores ended the season in historic fashion, with

if that is so, why on YOUR list, do you have lsu 6, vandy 7?

Jul 7, 2013, 12:03 PM

try again.

Jul 7, 2013, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Counted 6 threads below still talking about LSU win 6 months ]

so Clemson fans make fun of SC's "5th place rings" but then they get rings just for beating the 6th place SEC team, makes sense.

actually, you are just like 'ol stripe777, facts confuse

Jul 7, 2013, 4:18 PM

the he** out of you. we got some acc division trophy (even though we in fact tied for the division championship), and a chick-fil-a bowl victory trophy, but not one of those were bought by our hc, coaching staff or even the players girlfriends, and that in and of itself is VERY unlike when 'ol scrotum bought all his little boys some rings for winning a few games!

So South Carolina lost to the 5th and 6th place teams?

Jul 7, 2013, 11:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Counted 6 threads below still talking about LSU win 6 months ]

You can't be serious coot. No semi-intelligent football fan would place their school above two schools who beat them. Heck Vandy may have beat you too if it wasn't for a lack of a call an what was an obvious pass interference.

Legitimate shot at #3?? Funniest thing of all is you weren't joking.

Stupid question... How is SC ahead of Florida who beat

Jul 8, 2013, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Counted 6 threads below still talking about LSU win 6 months ]

them head to head and has a better conference record..?

Never heard of bragging rights???***

Jul 7, 2013, 11:33 AM

Looks like you got a lot of people riled up, lol.***

Jul 7, 2013, 11:43 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

does that mean we should stop talking about '81, too?

Jul 7, 2013, 11:51 AM

i kinda liked that season!

This time last year you would have seen 6 threads

Jul 7, 2013, 12:09 PM

lamenting the Orange Bowl debacle. It goes both ways and is nothing to get all up in arms about.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Talking about the last football game

Jul 7, 2013, 12:39 PM

As we approach the new football season, during downtime?

Say it ain't so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're only as good as your last game.....

Jul 7, 2013, 1:10 PM

and stop comparing me to some cartoon character. :)

Jul 7, 2013, 1:12 PM

Your only as good as your last win!

LOL!! Some comparison. Maybe more threads on the

Jul 7, 2013, 1:16 PM

best restaurant in Sandy Springs or LaFrance???

Virgie's Country Kitchen?***

Jul 8, 2013, 8:28 AM

Two months till the kickoff of 14 season. Our last win

Jul 7, 2013, 1:17 PM

was against LSU. And I would wager that the majority on Tigernet have watched it multiple times to satisfy their football fix.

So what else is there to talk about in July?

You need to get over it.

I bet you are a beer snob too. If somebody isn't drinking your favorite eastern European Pale Ale, double hopped Stoudt, I imagine you will let them know it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Wait, is "double hopped" a new nickname for Cole?

Jul 7, 2013, 2:05 PM

I'm confused.

So we have time Nazis now??***

Jul 7, 2013, 1:25 PM

lol.. 3 days after we just celebrated the 4th

Jul 7, 2013, 1:56 PM

or maybe you didnt celebrate cause it is mickey mousish

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I'm suspecting he no longer celebrates his birthday either.

Jul 7, 2013, 2:07 PM

I mean, he's probably had more than 20 of them. Seems kind of "Mickey Mouse-ish" to keep celebrating them after that doesn't it?

Hey USuCker... You just blew your disguise***

Jul 7, 2013, 2:19 PM

Re: Hey USuCker... You just blew your disguise***

Jul 7, 2013, 3:55 PM

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/59040/final-2012-sec-power-rankings

Best part about this article

Jul 8, 2013, 8:36 AM

"the Gators fell flat on their faces against Louisville in the Allstate Sugar Bowl. Their 10-point loss didn't show just how bad the game was for Florida. The Gators might not have wanted to be there"

They didn't want to be playing in a BCS bowl? Give me a friggin break!

Wow dude are you friggin kidding me?

Jul 7, 2013, 2:49 PM

That was a classic win, and I know I speak for everybody else who was there that it is one that will be remembered for the rest of my life.

Sure beats the hell outta fuming over the Orange Bowl for 8 months. Just savor the win, let us do the same, and get off your high horse.

You gonna say the same thing this time next year after people are still excited over winning the NC?

Go Tigers!

So, this is after the loss to us. How about before?***

Jul 7, 2013, 5:33 PM

You're Mickey Mouse***

Jul 7, 2013, 5:34 PM

How long did the Coots talk about West Virginia?***

Jul 7, 2013, 8:42 PM

Re: How long did the Coots talk about West Virginia?***

Jul 8, 2013, 10:07 AM

WV just scored again!! I guess we're still laughing about it.

Re: How long did the Coots talk about West Virginia?***

Jul 8, 2013, 10:18 AM

63-17

null

Yours makes 7***

Jul 7, 2013, 9:38 PM

It's fair to be still taling about it, had it been a loss ,

Jul 8, 2013, 8:22 AM

"some" would still be ragging about it. The last game is always talked about until the season starts.The fact that it bothers you , says more about YOU than those still celebrating our team's victory in the final game of the 2012 season.

Wow Joey, ESPN still talking about it too...6th best game

Jul 8, 2013, 10:07 PM

LOL

http://www.tigernet.com/update/football/ESPN-ranks-Chick-Fil

Jul 8, 2013, 10:11 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/update/football/ESPN-ranks-Chick-Fil-a-Bowl-6-GOTY-11544

I would agree if it weren't the last time we played so.....

Jul 8, 2013, 10:12 PM

..that's the fans last thought of football...after the first game this year the talk will move forward.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 72
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic