Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So I thought everyone was dead set on Morris not leaving?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 999

So I thought everyone was dead set on Morris not leaving?

Nov 29, 2012, 9:44 AM

Read so many threads over the past month on here of people saying "oh thats just a rumor....Morris wouldn't leave for a HC position cause he needs some more accomplishments under his belt...he wouldn't compete against Dabo in the same league....etc etc etc.

So what are your responses to this now? Just curious?

These days seems like any rumor can come true no matter how far fetched it seems.....

I'm not sure normal logic applies anymore with some of the things floating around...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has someone reported he has taken the job?

Nov 29, 2012, 9:45 AM

TIA.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

everyone?***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What makes you think he's leaving???***

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So I thought everyone was dead set on Morris not leaving?

Nov 29, 2012, 9:48 AM

I think what I'm getting at here is not that he has already taken a job...but its obvious that he is gonna jump on the chance as soon as it presents itself...and taking a head coaching position in the ACC doesn't seem to bother him. A lot of people were stating that he wouldn't do that for at least a few more years but it seems that is not the case.

I think it would be a real bummer if he leaves b/c his play calling has brought some life back into the fans and the mediocrity we have experienced over the past decade or so.

Lots of rubes in this world***

Nov 29, 2012, 9:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lots of rubes in this world***

Nov 29, 2012, 9:50 AM

uttles, the head rube.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lots of rubes in this world***

Nov 29, 2012, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Lots of rubes in this world*** ]

You are their natural leader.

Well he did say he planned on staying

Nov 29, 2012, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Lots of rubes in this world*** ]

until his daughter graduated high school. I realize circumstances change and that most people's word isn't that strong but there is at least some reason for believing that he would stay. So don't go calling people "rubes" if you don't know what you are talking about.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

*facepalm****

Nov 29, 2012, 10:08 AM

Dude, what is your problem

Nov 29, 2012, 10:09 AM

What I said was accurate. I'm not saying I believe 100% he will stay because of that, but it's a justification for the speculation on T-net that he will in fact stay. Oh but if I have a different opinion from you that makes me a "rube" since you are the authority on all things Chad Morris.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

have you ever heard the term: coachspeak?***

Nov 29, 2012, 10:15 AM

Yes, ####### I have***

Nov 29, 2012, 2:40 PM

Re: *facepalm****

Nov 29, 2012, 2:38 PM [ in reply to *facepalm**** ]

foot/@$$

I don't think that's what people were saying....

Nov 29, 2012, 9:53 AM

The feeling was that Morris would not make a lateral move and leave for an OC position at another school.

It's no secret that Morris has aspirations of being a HC and no one is going to be surprised if he leaves in order to pursue such an opportunity.

However, based on his current salary level, he does have the luxury of being patient and selective about the HC position he ultimately accepts.

That said, I think he would be less likely to accept a HC position at a non-BCS program like La Tech or Southern Miss but a HC opportunity at a competitive BCS school is another matter entirely.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I don't think that's what people were saying....

Nov 29, 2012, 10:04 AM

If he leaves for a HC job, it will be at a BCS Conference school. The lower tier schools such as La Tech, Southern Miss, etc... cannot afford to beat the salary he is making now. He will not bolt at the first oppportunity, but he will bolt if the opportunity is right and the money is right as well.

Isn't that pretty much what I just said?***

Nov 29, 2012, 10:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I don't think that's what people were saying....

Nov 29, 2012, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't think that's what people were saying.... ]

Which proves what a good HC Dabo is for hiring the best

He isn't leaving, PERIOD

Nov 29, 2012, 3:00 PM

I'm willing to make a bet with anyone on this

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 999
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic