Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, I know Lawrence can run, but can we please
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 765

So, I know Lawrence can run, but can we please

Sep 26, 2018, 4:55 PM

use a lot less QB run and run/pass option now that he's the full time starter? Let him pick up rushing yards on broken pass plays and such. Let the runners run, let the thrower throw.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no

Sep 26, 2018, 4:56 PM

hth

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^a perfectly acceptible answer^^^

Sep 26, 2018, 5:00 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: So, I know Lawrence can run, but can we please

Sep 26, 2018, 4:58 PM

I had that thought against GS whe KB got the wind knocked out of him. There are some teams you need to man up and beat without running your qb all the time

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have great running backs. Let them carry the load.

Sep 26, 2018, 5:12 PM

There are very good reasons the pros don't run the qb so much. I think Lawrence has proven that he doesn't need RPO to be great at passing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 4:59 PM

Only our coaches know if a lot of those RPO's were meant for KB to run so often, but for TL to pass. My guess is that KB opted to run more often that the coaches really wanted him to run it. Just a guess, but he ran a lot. Not sure if he missed the reads or not either, so there's that too.

But to answer your concern, the last game certainly looked like our coaches were doing as you hoped.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right, it did.***

Sep 26, 2018, 5:16 PM

I have asked repeatedly

Sep 26, 2018, 5:02 PM

where is it written that we MUST have an RPO philosophy? It's a really difficult offensive approach... even DW4 had huge problems with it. Let's let the player's ability determine the offensive approach, not vice versa.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 5:03 PM

GT game RB's had 30 carries and the QB's had 6, TL had 2 of those 6 so I think they already showed what they will do going forward.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 765
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic