Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
USuck is a touchdown or less from being 5-6 this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 87
| visibility 1

USuck is a touchdown or less from being 5-6 this year

Nov 28, 2013, 9:30 AM

Yep, squeaked out wins against:
UCF
Vanderbilt
Missouri
Kentucky
Florida

This isn't an Ellis Johnson coached defense. We should score 35+

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: USuck is a touchdown or less from being 5-6 this year

Nov 28, 2013, 9:37 AM

This is the most Clemson statement ever! Nobody plays the "if" game quite like Dabo and his followers.

The Coots are also 14 points from being undefeated and headed to the MNC, with wins over 4 ranked teams including 2 of those on the road.
Clemson has like 3 wins over a top 5 team.....ever! The Coots have a win over a top 5 team each of the past 4 years and 5 of the past 6.

And oh yeah.....the last 2 year's defenses weren't coached by Ellis either.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Lol, MNC...

Nov 28, 2013, 9:45 AM

You'd have to make it through an SEC championship first...and we all know how that turned out last time you were there. You'd probably lose pretty badly again (56-17 in case you forgot) to Bama.

Auburn just scored again...

Re: Lol, MNC...

Nov 28, 2013, 10:35 AM

West Virginia did too.....

Funny how they always like to bring up the WVU game

Nov 28, 2013, 11:27 AM

When they were absolutely smoked by UF last year, twice as bad as our loss to WVU (several years ago now). Somehow they seem to always forget these blowout losses. Also, they didn't get trampled by Auburn - they got beat pretty much singlehandedly by Cam - by one person. That was so long ago, I forget - who came the closest to beating that Cam Newton-led National Championship team that year?

While we're on the subject....

Nov 28, 2013, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Lol, MNC... ]

photo ClemsonBombs_zps686beecb.jpg

ouch. this has to hurt their feelings. is this even pc ?

Nov 28, 2013, 12:08 PM

you may even make them cry. oh well, it builds character, and lord knows they need that!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good'un!!***

Nov 28, 2013, 2:22 PM [ in reply to While we're on the subject.... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17 ring a bell ?

Nov 28, 2013, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Lol, MNC... ]

45-0 should too.

lol

Nov 28, 2013, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Lol, MNC... ]

Clemson fans don't have to mention other teams when discussing severe canings administered to chickentech community college. The score discrepancy between the Clem/WVU Orange Bowl and 63-17 is proof.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2013, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: USuck is a touchdown or less from being 5-6 this year ]

3 wins over top five ever? Clemson has three in the last three years

Nov 28, 2013, 11:04 AM

Can you please list the top 5 teams Clemson has beaten in the last 3 years.....or ever? I gotta hear this....

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Nov 28, 2013, 11:21 AM

2 wins over top 5 va tech #5 ga just the last three years and#4 ga #4 Nebraska in 81 just off the top of my head could you tell me some of yours?

Nov 28, 2013, 11:29 AM

Seriously.....I expected better than this. Please show me where VT was ranked in the top 5 when you beat them. You don't even believe this, do you?

The Coots have beaten Alabama #1, Mississippi #4, Georgia #5, Mizzou #5 just from memory.

Nov 28, 2013, 11:33 AM

Check the schedule in 2011. They were the #5 team in the country when we beat the crap out of them in the ACC Championship.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=313370228

I remember that win over #1 Alabama but do you remember who you played the next week? 6-6 Kentucky? You lost 31-28.

Nov 28, 2013, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Re: USuck is a touchdown or less from being 5-6 this year ]

Va tech was #3 and#5 when we beat them and when did you beat# mizzou? They were not#5 when you beat them. You can't use bamas #1 ranking at the time you beat them then use mizzou's ranking later in the season. Either use ranking at time of win or final ranking you cannot pick and choose.

Nov 28, 2013, 1:00 PM

Hahaha. You all have reverted to just lying......

VA tech was ranked #11 when you played them in October.....see link...
http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=312740259

and Mizzou was #5 when we played them....see the link..
http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=332990142

read the link he posted,if you can, that is.it does state #5

Nov 28, 2013, 1:08 PM

jeez, i wouldn't post something factually incorrect on the opponents board, makes you look even dumber, than we already joke that y'all are!

Nov 28, 2013, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Re: USuck is a touchdown or less from being 5-6 this year ]

My memory doth deceive me va tech was # 11 and #5 and I was thinking mizzou was 8 but we still beat #5 ga and #8 LSU in consecutive games

Nov 28, 2013, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: USuck is a touchdown or less from being 5-6 this year ]

I'm still waiting for the four ranked teams you've beaten this year

Nov 28, 2013, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Re: USuck is a touchdown or less from being 5-6 this year ]

That's the same Alabama that later got STOMPED by a barely top 25 Utah team in the Sugar Bowl, the SEC's traditional "home turf" bowl game.

BTW: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Clemson_Tigers_football_team

Against top ranked teams:
#5 UGA 2013
#9 LSU 2012
#5 Virginia Tech 2011
#10 Virginia Tech 2011
#10 FSU 2011
#10 Miami 2009
#10 FSU 2006
#11 Miami 2004
#3 FSU 2003
#6 Tennessee 2003
#10 Virginia 1992
#10 Oklahoma 1988
#10 UNC 1983
#11 Maryland 1983
#4 UGA 1981
#9 UNC 1981
#4 Nebraska 1981 (NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP)

Fun fact about Nebraska, you know how Alabama has won the last 3 out of 4 MNCs? Yeah, Nebraska did that TWICE under Tom Osborne, not including the other MNCs he won in between those streaks, so I would say our Nebraska victory trumps a lot of things you could pull out of your ### coot.

I'll stop here because any further would just humiliate you even more, and USuC wasn't even relevant until 2009, so anything past that is just overkill. That's okay, I like my chickens well done. Don't bring up the "well that's in the past" BS because you apparently forget you guys have a past of complete and utter failure (one of the worst records in NCAA history if I might add). Also remember that these things come and go in mathematical cycles, so history is doomed to repeat itself for you chickens. Get ready for a beat down Saturday, the rent is long overdue at Willy B Cockroach Stadium.

Nov 28, 2013, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: USuck is a touchdown or less from being 5-6 this year ]

I can't think of a single USC win other than the Missouri victory this season. Please, do us all a favor and list your top 5 wins.

Nov 28, 2013, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: USuck is a touchdown or less from being 5-6 this year ]

4 ranked teams? lol name these four ranked teams

Nov 28, 2013, 11:49 AM

They haven't even played 4 ranked teams. They won two against ranked opponents (Mizzou and UCF) but lost to Georgia on the road. No other teams were ranked in the top 25.

Nov 28, 2013, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Re: USuck is a touchdown or less from being 5-6 this year ]

If you had beaten Mizzou with Franklin at QB, then you could count that. However, we all know that Mizzou without Franklin is nowhere near Mizzou with him. They almost and should had, beaten you anyway.

You have ZERO good wins this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2013, 1:02 PM

you realize our back up QB played the majority of the game as well, right?

Seems like every year they squeak by a couple bad teams

Nov 28, 2013, 9:39 AM

But for some reason they play their best game of the year against us and we play one of our worst.

I think we are clearly the better team this year. The question is will we show up?

Sure wish we got a chance to play a couple overrated teams a year

Nov 28, 2013, 9:41 AM

Seems like we could pull off a few if given that oppurtunity.

Re: Sure wish we got a chance to play a couple overrated teams a year

Nov 28, 2013, 10:57 AM

You did......you lost by 40.

Nov 28, 2013, 11:05 AM

So you're saying Florida State, the team about to play for a national title, is overrated? I would pay every dollar I have to watch you play FSU this season. You would lose by 40 too, Clowney would be on the ground sucking wind in the first quarter.

Nov 28, 2013, 11:08 AM

FSU is overrated. Who have they played?

RealVoice has a point...

Nov 28, 2013, 11:17 AM

FSU hasn't played Tenn!!! LMAO
Silly Coots!

Nov 28, 2013, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Sure wish we got a chance to play a couple overrated teams a year ]

Who has Alabama played during its last three title runs?

Nov 28, 2013, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Sure wish we got a chance to play a couple overrated teams a year ]

Based on what? They beat the #### out of us and we were the #3 team and we are back to #6, a far cry from "haven't played anyone." Alabama has wins over two ranked teams. FSU beat Clemson and Miami, who was ranked at the time.

And Alabama has played who exactly?

Nov 28, 2013, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Sure wish we got a chance to play a couple overrated teams a year ]

Three loss LSU? Three loss Texas A&M?

If you give them credit for those games, you've got to give credit for Florida State against Miami.

And Florida State has by far the most impressive win so far of the two teams.

Lucky for us, we'll get to see this play out in two days!

Nov 28, 2013, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Sure wish we got a chance to play a couple overrated teams a year ]

Not only are we going to stomp those turds in their own backyard, guess what? FSU and Florida also play. Yep, that same UF that came so close to beating you guys, only to lose, at home, to a D2 school the next week. I think it's safe to say you guys are comparable to Ga Southern. Wanna make any wagers that FSU doesn't beat UF worse than they beat us??

Confessed Coot: you really don't want to talk history do you?!?

Nov 28, 2013, 9:47 AM

Tulane has 3 SEC championships. Cock-n-Fires have 0.

Miss St is the only SEC team with fewer wins than USuck...and they have an SEC championship.

USuck is the reigning 0-for team in the SEC. Been holding down that title since 1999.

History is not in your favor idiot. You'd think you would be smart enough not to reference history. But then again...

Re: Confessed Coot: you really don't want to talk history do you?!?

Nov 28, 2013, 10:56 AM

I will go really slow for you, because apparently you need me to do so.....
I didn't reference history.....(still with me?)
I responded to a post about THIS SEASON....(hang in there now)
and pointed out that a remark about THIS SEASON could also be spun differently than the OP was spinning it.....(almost done)
and pointed out how THIS SEASON was NOT different from past history as the OP said it was....(see that wasn't so bad).

Nov 28, 2013, 11:10 AM

^^^^ that's funny right there^^^^^

Nov 28, 2013, 11:57 AM

You guys need to get a room and stroke each other c0cks there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think a nerve has been struck

Nov 28, 2013, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Confessed Coot: you really don't want to talk history do you?!? ]

Coot U: Perpetually irrelevant in college football.

"But but, we almost came within a few touchdowns of Bama in the SECCG that one time...."

Sincerely, Tommy Bowden***

Nov 28, 2013, 10:03 AM

Clemson wouldn't have won the SEC either

Nov 28, 2013, 10:05 AM

since 1992. You can pull up many stats that prove the futility of USC football, but the SEC titles argument doesn't make Clemson look any better.

Re: Clemson wouldn't have won the SEC either

Nov 28, 2013, 11:07 AM

Ok, so stop bragging about your conference if you can't win it. Want to brag about the conference you're in? Go win that #### thing. You contribute nothing to the SEC in terms of football but you're the first to celebrate Bama's national titles, why is that?

Nov 28, 2013, 11:15 AM

Because our conference, despite our inability to win it, has helped to elevate us to a point that we have the nation's longest home winning streak, the 5th most wins of any team in the nation over the past four seasons, the 2nd longest streak of being ranked in the top 25, and a complete reversal of fortune against our instate ACC rival.
And also......because it really pisses y'all off!

Nov 28, 2013, 11:20 AM

> > And also......because it really pisses y'all off!

It doesn't #### me off. I think it makes you (and your entire fanbase) look like you have a serious case of little man syndrome and want so bad to be a part of something special.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2013, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson wouldn't have won the SEC either ]

And who have you beaten during that win streak?

Nov 28, 2013, 11:31 AM

Clemson.

Nov 28, 2013, 11:58 AM

And that's the only good team beside ga during the streak

Nov 28, 2013, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson wouldn't have won the SEC either ]

Screaming "SEC!" doesn't #### Clemson fans off. We laugh at you, along with the other members of the conference like Florida, LSU, and Alabama that actually have trophies to show for. You are a much improved team since Spurrier has been there but winning streaks don't mean much without any hardware to show for them. And I'm not talking about Capital One Bowl trophies.

where is the spike gif when we need it? that is usuc,exactly

Nov 28, 2013, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson wouldn't have won the SEC either ]

anyone?

With the recruiting advantage, no way to know

Nov 28, 2013, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Clemson wouldn't have won the SEC either ]

We would have probably bagged a few more big names, our admission standards would be more lax, and we'd be able to bring in more JuCo guys. We'd also have made many more millions of dollars which would have been spent on the football program.

There's no way to know whether we'd win or not. We'd have a much better chance than Coot U, though.

Nov 28, 2013, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Clemson wouldn't have won the SEC either ]

That's an irrelevant opinion since we've never been in the SEC lol

Nov 28, 2013, 3:00 PM

I guess we will never know if Iowa State would win the NFC East either. I would love to know what year you think Clemson could have won an SEC title since 1992.

Would you not take pride in 4-6 teams

Nov 28, 2013, 11:29 AM

in the Top 10.? The SEC is the best conference in football and has been the past 5 years. You can claim SEC bias all you want, but the people who know football the best, the coaches, recognize the conference as the best in the country.

Some SEC fans may be homers, but the SEC's bowl record speaks for itself.

Also, USC may not have contributed to the conference as far as championships but recently, has added to the SEC's image of the best football conference in America.

If it gives you closure in downplaying the SEC, then fine, but even when historical powers are "down", the conference is better than any other conference.

While I won't debate the SEC being the best, I do think the

Nov 28, 2013, 11:35 AM

gap has closed. And as for South Carolina contributing to the image of the conference, that may be true. But in my opinion, it's negated by the fact that Tennessee is the worst they've ever been in their history and Florida is now the worst it's been in my lifetime.

The league is also helped by the addition of Missouri and Texas A&M. However, in my opinion, all that shows is that two middle of the road Big XII teams can come in and compete right away, which further proves the point that the SEC gap is closing.

It's not "the people that know football best recognize...

Nov 28, 2013, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Would you not take pride in 4-6 teams ]

It's the best conference in the country.". It's called protecting your interests. What you have is basically an entire conference and television network riding the coattails of Nick Saban. If he coached at USC, the PAC would be the best conference in the nation - if he was at UVA then the ACC would be the best. While I do think FSU will beat Alabama in the NC, I can admit that Saban is probably the best college coach of all time. It's him, not the SEC. That's the problem the whole country has with you guys - trump your own accomplishments (regardless of how few and far between they are), not your conference affiliations.

Re: It's not "the people that know football best recognize...

Nov 28, 2013, 11:59 AM

I don't think that's even close to true.

with florida, losing to the fcs, for the 1st time ever, and

Nov 28, 2013, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Would you not take pride in 4-6 teams ]

tennessee having went through a multitude of head coaches since fulmer (bad mistake,tenn.), ugay never living up to the lofty expectations that the media puts on them and then what do y'all have left ? vandy? kentucky? a former big12 middle of the pack mizzou? the sec eastern division is a mere shell of what it used to be, and with usuc constantly at #1,#2 or #3 in the race, it only adds to the laughing stock that 1/2 of the sec has became. and you can't deny these FACTS!

No offense..

Nov 28, 2013, 12:34 PM

but if that is somehow an indictment on USC football, what does that say about Clemson who has lost by double digits four years in a row to that team from the terrible SEC East?

The truth is SC and Clemson have almost identical programs from a national perspective, so I think it would be wise to consider that for both fan bases before each tries to claim superiority.

they didn't come up with the term "clemsoning" for nothing.

Nov 28, 2013, 12:41 PM

until we beat y'all like EVERYONE knows we should, us clemson fans shouldn't expect that term to go anywhere. it will vanish, late saturday night,however, as we pummel usuc! 13-16 point tiger win , mark it down. ( if i knew ya' i would bet ya a beer(or a soft drink),that has always been my limit on gambling)

All it says is we lost four games

Nov 28, 2013, 1:08 PM [ in reply to No offense.. ]

One of which wasn't very important, since we had already clinched a conference championship berth.

Especially in the last two years, our recruiting has been better, I think we're building better depth than you, and our coaching staff is JUST. GETTING. STARTED, while I fully expect Spurrier to be gone soon. Maybe even after this season, as you guys are going to suck horribly next year.

Re: Would you not take pride in 4-6 teams

Nov 28, 2013, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Would you not take pride in 4-6 teams ]

Outside of Alabama and Columbia most of college football hates the SEC, actually its about 95% hate, 4.5$ don't care, and the last .5% are retarded. To think the only good teams in college football are in the SEC is about as ignorant as... well, the typical Carolina fan.

I never said there weren't good teams outside the SEC.

Nov 28, 2013, 3:02 PM

I think there are many teams. Clemson and FSU are examples.

What does that have to do with a strength of a conference?

If it makes you feel better

Nov 28, 2013, 11:34 AM

Clemson would do well in the SEC, and Clemson fans would love being in the SEC.

And please don't try to act like Alabama hasn't played anyone during their NC seasons. That just makes you look bitter.

Alabama hasn't played anyone

Nov 28, 2013, 1:09 PM

What one or no-loss teams have they played?

Notre Dame

Nov 28, 2013, 2:35 PM

They were as good as Manti Teo's girlfriend was in bed.

Only 3 top 5 wins ever?

Nov 28, 2013, 11:37 AM

You're an idiot. They had 2 in 1981 alone. #3 FSU in 2003. #5 Va Tech in 2011. #5 Georgia in 2013. No telling how many more we've had through out history. That's 5 right there just to shut you up. Ignorance is bliss.

Someone needs to post a pic of the graveyard...

Nov 28, 2013, 11:40 AM

Before we get to add another tombstone next week!

If you don't think FSU is legit I can't convince you of anything

Nov 28, 2013, 11:40 AM

The SEC east is a joke. Mizzou, ole miss and Georgia in the top 5 is a joke. They are good teams and good wins but pretending they are elite top 5 wins is ridiculous and a great example of the SEC bias. The Bama win was nothing short of an upset. Plenty of teams can lay claim to beating a #1 but fewer can claim being #1. Both of our programs are struggling to become the team that beats other great teams when the other team sees us coming. And that's just that. We have a great college football rivalry in the state of SC. Don't try to ruin it by being an idiot.

I do believe the gap is closing

Nov 28, 2013, 11:45 AM

but the SEC is still getting the best players because people want to play in the SEC.

I would argue that every program except maybe Arkansas, MSU, and UF is on the way up. There is mo reason to think the SEC won't have 6 top 25 teams for the forseeable future. No other conference can say that.

And to the guy who thinks SC is comparable to a D-1AA team (not D2), you're a very simple person.

Re: I do believe the gap is closing

Nov 28, 2013, 12:01 PM

Yea and kinda funny that two of those six are mediocre big 12 teams. Clemson would have won 10-11 games with your schedule this year and last and 11 with AtM's schedule last year.

how is MSU on the way up?

Nov 28, 2013, 12:16 PM [ in reply to I do believe the gap is closing ]

and of course Arkansas has to be they can't get any worse than they have been this year! They lost to Florida by 20! Just a few years ago they were in the BCS, so yeah they are definitely on the way up.

Vandy and UK suck, too

Nov 28, 2013, 1:12 PM [ in reply to I do believe the gap is closing ]

Despite the fits they've given you. I don't think Tennessee is going to be relevant for quite some time, either.

And let's not forget your Coot U. You are clearly trending downard. Recruiting has dropped off the last two years, the cupboard is going to be bare next year, and I suspect Spurrier will hang it up soon.

If you think Mizzou and TAMU

Nov 28, 2013, 12:09 PM

would still be mediocre Big 12 teams, feel free to.

I said they weren't going up

Nov 28, 2013, 12:18 PM

nm

Gottigers81

Nov 28, 2013, 12:18 PM

Missouri was actually #5 when we beat them. Learn stuff before you speak. I guess y'all were right, ignorance is bliss.

And without their starting QB

Nov 28, 2013, 1:12 PM

They were #5 only in rank. You beat a compromised team, not the team that earned that #5 rank.

Nov 28, 2013, 12:20 PM

And explain how you would win more games with our schedule when you haven't even beaten us. Do tell.

We beat teams you didn't

Nov 28, 2013, 1:13 PM

Auburn, LSU, UGA. The transitive property is useless.

EVERYONE knows Clemson will beat SC?

Nov 28, 2013, 1:02 PM

David Hood said everyone thinks Clemson has no chance.

does '08 signify the year you graduated elementary school?

Nov 28, 2013, 1:11 PM

come on, don't make it that easy.

Take it easy, he just learned how to read***

Nov 28, 2013, 1:13 PM

That's nice

Nov 28, 2013, 1:25 PM [ in reply to does '08 signify the year you graduated elementary school? ]

Does that add anything to the discussion? It makes me laugh that either fan base thinks they are so superior.

well it's evident with the post i responded to, that you

Nov 28, 2013, 1:29 PM

you weren't showing any signs of intelligent life.

Va Tech was #5 in the ACC championship

Nov 28, 2013, 1:20 PM

Nice try coot. Idiot.

Good for you.

Nov 28, 2013, 1:29 PM

Now leave. You must be nervous if you have to come over and talk nonsense.

Happy Thanksgiving Tommy Bowden, how many plays

Nov 28, 2013, 3:06 PM

would make us undefeated? Soooooooooooooo close

Replies: 87
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic