Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Since been sick after attending ACCCG (Bronchitis) i've become a Finebaum watcher
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Since been sick after attending ACCCG (Bronchitis) i've become a Finebaum watcher

Dec 8, 2017, 4:13 PM

and must say the man has tempered his Bammer stance (actually a TN grad with Harvard degree, an astute long-time sports writer and been around a zillion years so knows a lot of people & sports stuff).

And surprisingly, the best thing is calls rarely come in from Coot Fans while a decent amount of callers are from various states & for teams not Southern.

Plus, where can you get 5 full hours on live TV these days where college football is the talking point..even if 75% of it is SEC.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Since been sick after attending ACCCG (Bronchitis) i've become a Finebaum watcher

Dec 8, 2017, 4:17 PM

More like 95%. LBB, have you tried alcoholic beverages to help with the bronchitis ? I already know the answer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Since been sick after attending ACCCG (Bronchitis) i've become a Finebaum watcher

Dec 8, 2017, 4:22 PM

Guaranteed cure: rock and rye and cola. Works every time. Cheap too

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2017, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Since been sick after attending ACCCG (Bronchitis) i've become a Finebaum watcher ]

Bill would never consider trying that alcoholic beverage stuff!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2017, 4:27 PM

That’s ok. I make up for him!

Sure works for this “not” young man.

Dec 8, 2017, 5:15 PM

I've chipped in on the cause as well!

Get well soon LBB!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2017, 11:29 PM

I just never could develop a taste for alcohol myself, but I have taken a social drink with a friend on occasion....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ain't nobody got time for that!

Dec 8, 2017, 4:31 PM

Sweet Brown

Your newfound Finebaum love is starting to creep me out bILl

Dec 8, 2017, 4:39 PM

But I agree with you that the man is sharp and plays his callers and followers like a maestro. He's very savvy and deliberate with what he says. I don't have the time to watch or listen much but when I do it's usually for not more than a few minutes. Mostly because I want info, not opinions and his callers are by and large very stupid.

But I salute the man for trolling all fanbases except for Bama and doing it like a champ. I also enjoy the way he makes the Clemson snowflakes cry with a single utterance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Careful now LBB...

Dec 8, 2017, 4:43 PM

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re:Man, you can put up with 5 hours of

Dec 8, 2017, 5:18 PM

hours of that crap?

Dec 8, 2017, 5:49 PM

He actually has a pretty straightforward playbook. He talks up the teams that Bama will face or has faced, and talks down teams they don't play. He talked down Clemson earlier, now that Bama must play them, they will be talked up. Simple.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A face made for radio, and a high opinion of himself! Hard

Dec 8, 2017, 11:34 PM

to listen to for more than five minutes at a time. And some of those calls have to be staged!

Dec 9, 2017, 1:03 AM

Hope you feel better soon. Over exposure to finebum causes brain damage.

Dec 9, 2017, 1:53 AM

BiLl, the crud is making it's rounds in the upstate, also. In the past, I've forgone the annual doc visit and plowed ahead, however, my perspective has now changed. My uncle's yearly sinus issues evolved into pneumonia, that nearly took his life. He lives with us now, and hasn't been quite the same since. Only 60 years young, it was a lesson to us all. Hoping that you have a speedy recovery.

As far as P.Fin goes, maybe he's seen the writing on the wall. Clemson hit the jackpot with Dabo, and isn't going anywhere soon.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finebaum

Dec 9, 2017, 8:32 AM

Finebaum has a big audience. I don't know why.

I watched Finebaum quite a bit until I came to understand that he does not like, watch much or know much about football. Finebaum is the the celebrity business. He promotes and attacks various coaches, pimps for the SEC, and likes to give quirky callers enough rope that they hang themselves.

What Finebaum does very little is to actually talk about football. He admits that he rarely watches whole games, and he does not talk much about match up or styles of the game. He's a big TV fan and has openly admitted many times he likes the games he does watch on TV more than he likes the games he partially sees live. Finebaum is disdainful of tailgating and isolates himself from real fans.

But he loves loves loves to talk about coaches, who is coming up, who is going down and most especially who is failing. He's pimped Hugh Freeze, Brett Bielema, McIlwain, Kirby Smart, Will Muschamp, & worshiped at the Saban and Spurrier altar regularly. And he has bitterly attacked Freeze, Bielema, Malzahn and any coach that's losing. He is not loyal to anyone one but himself and possible Tim Tebow who seems to be his favorite ex-player. He regularly blows smoke up Tessitore's skirt and lauds any moron ESPN promotes as a talking head.

Finebaum likes Dabo because of his Bama connection even while he bashes and demeans Clemson as often as he can get away with it.

Next time you watch or listen to Finebaum notice how little he says and knows about the actual sport of football and how much he's driven by celebrity personalities and his kooky callers.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic