Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Silver linings from Saturday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,284

Silver linings from Saturday

Aug 31, 2014, 9:17 PM

I think when all is said and done UGA will be one of the 5ish most talented teams in the country. We stood toe to toe with them in their house with lots of questions to answer on offense. You could even say we clearly outplayed them. Dabo has given us a very talented football team that will play ball with the best of them. Hopefully by the time the next few recruiting classes and flush out some of the older ones there won't be quite as many start x over y conversations after the game. As of right now I think we can play with anybody.

The future is very bright. DW will be a beast for us. There are strong veterans on this team but there are also some very hungry young guns ready to make their mark for the next few years.

It went about as bad as it could go in the second half. With a long wait till FSU, if we were going to be taught a lesson it might as well have been a good one. Offense, defense and special teams all have adjustments to make. I will be watching closely to see if they are.

I think the Playoff is still on the table for us provided SCAR stays in the SEC top 25 and the coastal can provide a decent opponent.

Jayron Kearse played well which is huge for our D.

Shaq Lawson also looks to be a force.

Corey Crawford is coming back. He was missed.

David Beasley is coming back. I think he was missed.

Williams and Peake look like they are ready to take the reigns at WR.

I thought Battle played pretty well, could have held a few blocks a little longer but was solid pretty much all game. We will need that going foward.

I looks like we actually might have a short yardage running game other than the QB. Now we need a RB that can turn 3 yards into 6 consistently. Not a whole lot of negative or blown up running plays that I can recall. The UGA front 7 was good and swarming to the ball.

A lot of questions to answer but these were my silver linings. It may be dark right now but at the end of the day I know the sun is still Orange. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Silver linings from Saturday

Aug 31, 2014, 9:18 PM

Clearly outplayed them in the first half.

Aug 31, 2014, 9:19 PM

game was tied. we outplayed them but it was close. You cant discount the kick off return. We had a major breakdown that led to 7.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2014, 9:34 PM

Clearly outplayed them ? Still in the hunt for
one of the 4 playoff spots ? From previous
tiger posts-i.e.. wedge was illegal, refs called
phantom interference calls, Clemson was clearly
the better team.... what planet do you people
live on ?

You are a mid-level team. You are not a play-off
contender. You will probably win 9-10 games with
the powder puff schedule you play.

Yes, I"m a coot. I'm also a rational human being
that can face reality, therefore I have trouble
understanding this line of thinking.

My coots will be lucky to win 9 games and get a
decent bowl bid. That is realistic thinking, using
common sense. Try it sometimes. Come down from
that orange dream world and quit making these
foolish, inane statements.

Aug 31, 2014, 9:40 PM

This is a silver linings post. Something meant only I look at the good because I'm already tired of focusing on what went wrong. Technically both SCAR and Clemson still have the first CFB playoff on the table for them. But we both know the coots are hot dog crap. You'll find out when you play UGA in a few games too.

Sep 1, 2014, 2:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Silver linings from Saturday ]

Well go back to your team's website and give some constructive insight to what they can do better and stay off your rivals site. Clearly you are only on here b/c you seek attention. So since you just blend in on y'all site...but stick out on this one you come roosting here instead. So when fans of Clemson want to post positive energy about the young men we cheer for...let us. You should go do the same for your team.

Let me try your logic. Kenny hill...511 yds... nearly 700 total...couldn't stop turtle from walking defense. Offense that depended on Pass Interferences...embarrassed at home...ranked 9th...beat like a drum. See how negative that is...it's enough threads like that...don't taint this one too.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad you are a rational thinker!

Sep 1, 2014, 10:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Silver linings from Saturday ]

But the coots will only win a couple of games this year... you guys clearly suck eggs! Laughing stock of the SEC!!!! That's right... the whole SEC is laughing at you because you suck!!!! And you're the only ones that don't know it!

Yes we got stomped in the fourth quarter but we had a hell of a first half and held them the third quarter.

I have never mentioned the BS calls in the first quarter but since you brought it up... Yes there were quite a few!

Suck it COOT! Now go to bed... your sister is lonely!

Aug 31, 2014, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Silver linings from Saturday ]

Too bad we had to play 2 halves last night.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

best game UGA has played since 2007 - Tony Barnhart

Aug 31, 2014, 9:29 PM

Georgia played its most complete game since 2007
0 1 475 480
< SEC Saturday: Five Burning Questions
By Tony Barnhart
So what did we learn about the SEC in the first weekend of the 2014 season?
1. Georgia played its most complete football game since beating Auburn in 2007. I’m never comfortable with reading a lot into a first game — good or bad. But I do believe Georgia’s 45-21 victory against No. 16 Clemson was the most complete game I’ve seen a Georgia team play since the Bulldogs beat No. 18 Auburn 45-20 in the “black jersey” game of 2007.
With the score tied at 21 at the half, Georgia dominated all three phases of the game in the second half. The Bulldogs wore down Clemson with a withering running game (I said it before the game and I’ll say it again: a healthy Todd Gurley is the best running back in the country). The defense held Clemson to just 15 yards and just 22 plays with only one first down in the second half. The specials teams, which have been a weakness in recent years for Georgia, were a strength. Clemson had seven possessions in the second half starting at their 23, 6, 20, 8, 17, 19, and 25-yard lines. And Gurley returned a kickoff 100 yards for a touchdown.
It’s only one game and it doesn’t mean as much if Georgia loses at South Carolina on Sept. 13. But it was a good start.

http://mrcollegefootball.blog.ajc.com/2014/08/31/georgia-played-its-most-complete-game-since-2007/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2014, 10:51 PM

I dunno how you can use the phrase "clearly outplayed" when we clearly lost by 24 points.

Sounds like something the coots would say. #HePushedOff

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,284
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic