Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Shouldn't every coach have a play, maybe a trick play, that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 988

Shouldn't every coach have a play, maybe a trick play, that

Nov 4, 2014, 5:19 PM

he can pull out to get three yards to win a game? I know that Tennessee won, but I thought that they should have had a play that they could call that would have a high percentage to get three yards and two points and win the game in regulation. If Clemson is ever in that situation, I hope Chad Morris has a play to call.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

in that situation you would go for two rather than OT? was USuCk out of TOs

Nov 4, 2014, 5:20 PM

because they would have called one right before you snap the ball to set up their defense based on what they saw.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Shouldn't every coach have a play, maybe a trick play, that

Nov 4, 2014, 5:22 PM

UT's OL is not good. South Carolina actually played ok in short yardage situations.

Nov 4, 2014, 5:26 PM

As far as UT trickery, I think they shot that load earlier in the game - and it worked. That reverse sweep thing they did for a score from about 10 yds out. That was a beautiful play and executed perfectly. I watched that thing happen and had to go back and rewatch it a few more times. Had they not burned that then, they probably would have tried it late(r) in the game.

Nov 4, 2014, 5:33 PM

An old saying is go for the win on the road and tie at home; however, the likelihood of making three yards on the goalline in one play is less than 50%.

Coaches get paid millions to make that decision. It worked out well for Tennessee.

Don't forget Tennessee went for a TD on a fourth and goal earlier in the game and FAILED.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 4, 2014, 5:34 PM

No trick play needed . Chad may read that and decide to throw a wide receiver pass. We all know what happens with that.

Replies: 5
| visibility 988
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic