Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Should Louisville's 0-2 record make us more/less nervous....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Should Louisville's 0-2 record make us more/less nervous....

Sep 14, 2015, 9:34 AM

I see both sides on T-Net. Some think that they will not pose much of a threat and discredit them b/c Auburn now looks pretty weak and they just lost to Houston at home. I seem to remember a VT team that lost to Boise St. week one, and James Madison week two... that team went undefeated in ACC play and won a championship.

Do I think this Louisville team is that good? Heck no, but something makes me nervous about a Thurs. night game when the home team is looking at an 0-3 start to their season. They will be playing desperate football. I am very nervous for this game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Should Louisville's 0-2 record make us more/less nervous....

Sep 14, 2015, 9:36 AM

Should be nervous at each game. With a slow starting offense and a sloppy special teams we have a lot to work on the next two days.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what makes me less nervous has nothing to do with UofL...

Sep 14, 2015, 9:38 AM

i dont get nervous because Dabo and the coaching staff will have the boys ready to rise to the occasion. 8 years ago, this would have been a game where we would need to be nervous, but not now. just sit back and enjoy!

i do think that at 0-2, UofL will be desperate but we also know whats at stake and i expect us to be firing on all cylinders.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

losing to Allbarn and UH won't matter if they can beat us.

Sep 14, 2015, 9:39 AM

They REALLY want to beat us on Thursday and I expect them to play lights out right from the start. I don't think the 0-2 start changes anything.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

They probably think they can make the playoff if they...

Sep 14, 2015, 9:43 AM

win the ACC regular and the CCG. lutz

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everybody is a threat at home.

Sep 14, 2015, 9:42 AM

Nobody on our team and staff is overlooking UL. We're facing too much raw talent even if it's not all skills haven't been refined and work into the game plan.

We're in the same position as they. We have established a running game and we know we have at least four or five dependable sets of hands that can catch passes.

Our defense is still developing on the two deep and our pass blocking isn't there yet either. Our punting and kickoff game is still developing and looks like it needs another ten yards distance on the ball. We can't tell if that's over control on the kick or is just limited by the leg doing the kicking.

SO, we go expecting a slugout and throw haymakers until we get the feel. UL doesn't have our talent at any skilled position and they are way shorter on D.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually think this is good for Clemson

Sep 14, 2015, 9:42 AM

we should have the mental edge preparing this week. Sometimes in the Upset Alert games, we listen too much to the other team's hype and get away from our game. We seem to play best when its a "Business as Usual/don't think just play" type of game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I have really put my trust in Dabo over the years to win the

Sep 14, 2015, 9:46 AM

business as usual games... we have not had a "whoops" game in since 2011 probably... That being where we lost to a far inferior opponent. GT or NCST that year.

Re: I have really put my trust in Dabo over the years to win the

Sep 14, 2015, 10:07 AM

I know what you mean, but I don't believe in business as usual games. There are no usual games in college football.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

like GT last year.***

Sep 14, 2015, 10:27 AM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Said it yesterday and will say it again,

Sep 14, 2015, 9:43 AM

the key for the Tigers is to start fast and get Louisville in a hole early. Take the crowd out of the game and let the players start really thinking about 0-3.

Desperate teams play with great intensity. If we can't

Sep 14, 2015, 10:00 AM

match their intensity Thursday night, we can lose. Lots of teams played poorly SAturday, including Louisville and Auburn. But, Houston is a good team that beat Pitt and James Conner last year in the bowl game and they are better this year and Louisville lost by one score to Auburn even with qb problems and four turnovers, they almost pulled it out.

It's going to be a battle and we have obvious problems on our offensive line and our running game is still a weak link for us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

given either option i'd rather play a team that's 0-2.......

Sep 14, 2015, 10:00 AM

than 1-1 or 2-0.

i get the "backs against the wall" argument, but i think more often than not an 0-2 team will have much LESS confidence than "fight" in them

the nervousness comes from thursday night on the road AND......the backlash of losing to an 0-2 team.

thx... I just backed off the ledge***

Sep 14, 2015, 10:04 AM

I wish they had beat Auburn and Houston ....

Sep 14, 2015, 10:04 AM

Two reasons. Makes our conference / division look better and I think they wouldn't have that desperate edge they may have Thursday night. But,you never know how that could work though. Had they won both games they might have come in thinking they are 'all world' and let us smack them upside the head with reality. But with the two losses, they could have shattered confidence which could mess with their head, or they could play outside and above their abilities because they are trying to save the season. In either case, I think we win. Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Re: Less

Sep 14, 2015, 10:06 AM

we both have a short week but they played their starters in a tough game all day saturday. We got to sit ours early and seem to be in good shape to go in and clean house.

We are picked to win our division and win the conference

Sep 14, 2015, 10:07 AM

I think there will be a lot of ACC battles where the opposing team has us circled to knock us off and gain glory for their program. Louisville is just the beginning of the ACC gauntlet. I feel sure our players know where we stand in the eyes of our ACC rivals.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The disappointing 0-2 start notwithstanding.....

Sep 14, 2015, 10:10 AM

Clemson will get Louisville's best effort on Thursday night and if the team doesn't show-up focused and ready to play, it is a game Clemson can absolutely lose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

We should expect a very difficult game

Sep 14, 2015, 10:16 AM

Louisville is frustrated and p!ssed off, and we're playing to a rowdy crowd on a Thursday night prime time game. Louisville is going to give us everything they've got and more. If we can keep our composure through a couple of tough series, and hush the crowd early on, we'll be fine. But whether Louisville is good or bad this year matters little in my opinion. This is going to be a tough hill to climb. I'm completely confident we can do it, though, unlike in distant years past.

Re: You hit the nail on the head...

Sep 14, 2015, 10:24 AM

They will be fired up and emotional on Thursday. We need to manage that energy early (meaning don't make stupid and costly mistakes like turnovers) and then continue to do what we do. We are more talented across the board and have the best player in college football. We don't need to be hyped up, we need to be focused and tough minded. We will experience some adversity in this game and Louisville will pay their tales off. In the end I think the D plays well, not perfect but good to very good and the Offense starts to loosen things up in the second quarter and pulls away in the second half. My score is 37-21 Tigers. Deshaun has an outstanding night.

I am nervous about cheap shots...

Sep 14, 2015, 10:27 AM

and losing our QB. I think they know that is their only chance at the end of the day to win it.

Think back to that VT game in 2011. How did we get through

Sep 14, 2015, 10:33 AM

the storm and get it done? I think we will be ready.

Is Louisville louder than VT?

I know it is not louder than Athens or Tally.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two words

Sep 14, 2015, 11:40 AM

Mike O'Cain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More...plus at their house***

Sep 14, 2015, 11:59 AM

Re: Should Louisville's 0-2 record make us more/less nervous....

Sep 14, 2015, 12:48 PM

I am equally nervous, but for different reasons. I think if they coach desperately, we cruise. If they play their hearts out, it could be close

Clemson needs to score first...

Sep 14, 2015, 12:57 PM

Louisville will quit. They are a low character team and not a very food one. If Clemson goes up early I do not expect them to rage back.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic