Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Screw polls! they are a waste of time.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Screw polls! they are a waste of time.

Oct 23, 2016, 8:43 AM

Heisman race...over! Congrats Lamar.
Presidential election...over! Congrats Hillary.
AP/USA Today...who cares? Win baby, win!

Bottom line is, we have to go 15-0 to win it all. I believe we can do it, most here believe we can do it, but the press doesn't believe. Make believers out of them! Maybe now that Lamar has been handed the trophy, DW4 can play loose and angry, and we will look like we did late last season.

HUGE game this week, in hostile territory against a team with something to prove. We better quit worrying about what the writers say, or we WILL be one of those one loss teams desperately searching for a path to the playoffs.

Do you think that if we lose, they will say "Good loss...Clemson still controls their destiny"? No way! But it would be true. We are not Ohio State. We just have to keep pounding, week after week. Win and they can't deny us.

GO TIGERS!! (Rant over)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Screw polls! they are a waste of time.

Oct 23, 2016, 8:54 AM

Love your rant. Nothing but truth.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Screw polls! they are a waste of time.

Oct 23, 2016, 9:01 AM

these polls decide who is in the final 4 and who is not! and Style points make A HUGE DIFFERENCE no matter what Dabo says! Did U see what Louis did to state? well the poll voters sure did and they will use that against us!if we go 13-0 and get left out it will be our lack of style point that is why we are left out! It is PAST TIME FOR US TO UNDERSTAND THAT STYLE POINT ARE VITAL!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Style Points are coming up this weekend ??.***

Oct 23, 2016, 9:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wrong...

Oct 23, 2016, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Screw polls! they are a waste of time. ]

"these polls" don't mean flip.

Does the committee have a 'style points' category too?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Early to be drinking isn't it? We win out

Oct 23, 2016, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Screw polls! they are a waste of time. ]

We are in. Simple really. Osu loses last night to unbanked penn state team. Just shows you how special a team has to be to win out regardless of games. If we lose different story, no guarantees. But I can guarantee this with a one loss Clemson team Louisville will be sitting at home watching the acc championship.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i don't disagree, but you think a 14-0 ACC champ gets left

Oct 23, 2016, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Screw polls! they are a waste of time. ]

Out? No way! Style points will only be important for seeding, unless we drop a game and are trying to get back in as a one-loss team. So we don't entirely control our own destiny if we lose to FSU.

The point was that winning makes all of the polls and talking heads moot. Win them all, seeding does not matter and we are the national champs. Do you see a way that we run the table and don't make the playoffs?

I love style points, but they are not important to me. I will take wins every week.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said! Polls are a complete waste of money and time.

Oct 23, 2016, 9:12 AM

Made some really great points.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic