Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saw Watson in a whole new light . Wow. ( link )
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Saw Watson in a whole new light . Wow. ( link )

May 14, 2017, 2:17 AM

His character & poise never surprises me, but I had to say something about Watson's interview answers that he gave the Texans this week. Watson is our National Champion QB in the league now, but this just made me want to follow the Texans and Watson's progress this year that much more.

In his interview this week with Texans reporters, he answered a question from one of the reporters that just made me sit back in my chair when I heard his response.

The reporter asked Deshaun " Since you haven't been competing for the starting role since you were in 9th grade in High School, how does it feel to have to earn your spot as a starter for the Texans?"

Folks, I know DW4 is man of character, however I have come to appreciate his humility even that much more. Watson is going to be a great NFL QB, for many reasons. However, the silent leadership and taking control by actions and not words, is what separates him from the class.

Watson answered the reporter and said ( get ready ) " While I was at Clemson I never assumed I was going to be the starter at any game, I knew I had to prove myself for each and every game and that's the way I see this opportunity". Folks, that's what separates the good ones from the great ones. That mentality that has been instilled in him from a very young age.

The reporter was silent. The next series of questions were about his leadership, character and " the grind " he plans to put into the game every day to get better.

He also took responsible answers on money/his salary, his coach in his corner ( his mom ) and how she wants him to just focus on being the best NFL QB he can be. That's a good support system. Many rookies come in with money on the mind and lose focus, not Watson. He wants a championship, I can tell it already.

DW4 will be a super bowl winning QB, I'm just going to go ahead and call it. Whether at Houston, or somewhere else. He will do it. He has everything he needs, including the character and intelligence to learn in humility from the veterans, the coaching staff and most importantly, the playbook. His footwork while line up with every throw, and he will become the starting QB for the Texans, it's just a matter of time.

Here's the full interview if you'd like to listen in.

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/Watson_Just_focusing_on_the_playbook/6db48572-ef62-4bc8-ad4d-709a7acd3b0e

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reporter stepped into this

May 14, 2017, 8:11 AM

like kids running through a pasture full of cows. What a ridiculous Q to ask, trying to bait someone like him. I admire DW more for not shoving some shrimp sause O'deuve into his face, but rather answering the Q calmly.

He's going to be getting a lot more of these types of Q's, including if he ever loses a game or throws an INT.

Re: The reporter stepped into this

May 14, 2017, 11:32 PM

Yea, I agree. I have the feeling that reporters know a little more of what they are going to get with Deshaun because of being the face of college football for 2 years. He's used to answering questions with the media about his mistakes, or the few times the Tigers lost under his watch.

IMO many people in Texans will begin to say " Watson goes out there and throws a pick, then goes and throws 2 TD's to match just like he did at Clemson". They will see that DW4 is not perfect, but his resilience ( mentally & physically ) is what only part of what makes him a winner. He will only continue to improve as well. I just bet that there will be many press conferences once the season starts, Savage get's hurt, and Watson comes in and throws 2 TD's to Nuk. I can't wait to see that first one. " Watson brings Texans back !" Front page on the Texans daily news. It's just a matter of time.

Re: The reporter stepped into this

May 14, 2017, 11:36 PM

I honestly see a similar situation to Watson' s first game against Georgia happening. Pull savage and see what he's got. A few more games and the rest is history. Houston finds their franchise QB

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic