Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FFRF is cooked meat at this point. Lashed by Supreme Ct:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

FFRF is cooked meat at this point. Lashed by Supreme Ct:

May 5, 2014, 11:43 AM

major ruling, allowing town council to have Christian prayer before meetings. "As long as it doesn't denigrate others or proselityze." Also, rooted in "fabric of country and not first amendment". Etc, etc.

An apology from FRFF is not likely, but would be appropriate.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Satan doesn't give up that easy***

May 5, 2014, 11:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

vegas got odds? i got a hondo taking satan & the points...***

May 5, 2014, 11:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: vegas got odds? i got a hondo taking satan & the points...***

May 5, 2014, 11:51 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

You think the FFRF is the work of Satan?

May 5, 2014, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Satan doesn't give up that easy*** ]

Mercy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well they definitely ain't the work of God

May 5, 2014, 12:28 PM

so who else does that leave?

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

I think they're a fringe, wannabe watchdog group..

May 5, 2014, 12:43 PM

comprised of folks with ultra-progressive reading of the bill of rights.

But the way that Christians on this board turn this into some kind of moral crusade or epic, supernatural war is hilarious.

A Wisconsin group of busy-bodies wrote a letter.

The End.

I'm not debating that they are a smaller group, but

May 5, 2014, 12:48 PM

if they are actively going after Christianity then it's not hard to connect the dots and say they are indirectly or directly doing the work of Satan.

The size of the group/organization doesn't matter as far as to ascertain what they are trying to achieve

Message was edited by: CUtiger2012®

But they're not "going after Christianity."

May 5, 2014, 12:55 PM

They're going after Dabo because, in their very fringe reading of the Constitution, he is violating the law.

They are wrong, and poor Constitutional scholars.

They're not (in this case) waging a holy war.

They're just incorrect.

They went after Pickens County last year for opening

May 5, 2014, 1:01 PM

meetings with a simple prayer. Unfortunately Pickens County doesn't have a back bone and acquiesced to their demands.

They explicitly go after Christian customs and groups from everything I've seen. I have yet to see them go after a Muslim or other religion, if they have I would be very interested in reading that article/link.

They are waging a little holy war of their own against Christianity and shrouding it in misconceptions based off the 1st ammedment.

All the FFRF is are bullies, if they were truly worried about what they say they're worried about, they would sue the US Senate, cause they open with a prayer every day along with going after our Pledge of Allegiance, our money, national seals, etc...

Yep ... their grief is with Christians and maybe some

May 5, 2014, 1:13 PM

directed toward the Jews. But, Christians are the focus of their angst.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

But again, their beef is with the public use/expression

May 5, 2014, 1:26 PM [ in reply to They went after Pickens County last year for opening ]

of religion. They're wrong.

I'm just telling you that what they're doing is not so much out of a hatred of Christianity as a really silly, ill-supported reading of the Establishment Clause.

When you guys elevate their actions to the level of Saladin, you look a lot like the boy who cried wolf.

Clemson's response of (pretty much) "LOL. Whatever. Think we've got it covered, thanks," was perfect.

You guys cast them in a light of undeserved legitimacy.

Haha I do see you point and the angle you're coming from

May 5, 2014, 1:35 PM

and I thoroughly enjoyed Clemson's official response, although I wished they had used more of the "mind your own bizzness" lingo.

And while I'm not intentionally elevating them to the status of the Muslims killing Christians in Africa right now, I still hold to my previous statement that if you are actively going after Christianity then you definitely aren't doing the work of God, and thus indirectly doing the work of Satan.

Of course some people would say these are theological nuances, I would argue it's not as difficult to see

Or maybe God is using them to fight a

May 5, 2014, 1:43 PM

Against Christians who fight these unnecessary battles and try to force Christianity down others throats instead of trying to build a relationship with nonbelievers?

A public prayer before a government meeting is only meant to incite others. It serves no purpose and is a waste of time crying over if it's taken away.

If you don't trust yourself to make a christian based decision without praying to God in public before the meeting, you might want to reevaluate your relationship with God.

You're only pushing nonbelievers away by giving us all this stigma that prevents us from sharing our faith when others are ready.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

That's just true.

May 5, 2014, 1:49 PM

Most public prayers are done merely out of tradition or as a means of "solemnizing" an event.

That doesn't necessarily make it ok, but the notion that people in an overwhelmingly Christian area would institute a prayer to pi$$ off the one nonbelievers there is pretty obtuse.

Just NOT true. Jeeze.****

May 5, 2014, 1:49 PM

Then why are they fighting it

May 5, 2014, 1:57 PM [ in reply to That's just true. ]

If it isn't a big deal and just tradition?

If you know it offends someone why would you do it if you admit it isn't necessary?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because this nation was founded on Christian/Judeo values

May 5, 2014, 2:02 PM

and people don't have a right to not be offended by something. So they can deal with it

Meh, now you're the one oversimplifying.

May 5, 2014, 2:09 PM

To say that our nation was "founded upon Christian values" is nearly useless and meaningless.

Yes, a majority of (but not all) of the founders were Christians, and yes many felt they were somehow abiding by the will and judgment of providence.

But America's government is unflinchingly secular in its history. God isn't mentioned in the constitution, and religion is only mentioned when its being regulated.

Our first foreign treat expressly says that "As America is in no sense founded upon the Christian religion..."

Now that doesn't mean we can't have prayers. Doesn't mean we should, either. As always, we should try to balance the secular good and upholding of tradition with the rights of others.

Re: Meh, now you're the one oversimplifying.

May 5, 2014, 2:42 PM

Well that clause is believed to likely be an addition as it isn't present in the Arabic translation of the treaty and was removed entirely from the later reworking of it. Not to mention it doesn't jive with John Adams (the guy who signed the treaty) who said "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

Not correct at all to say that it's "widely thought

May 5, 2014, 3:19 PM

to be an addition."

The English translation, including all of Article 11, was passed unanimously by the US Senate under strict rules, and was printed in contemporary newspapers, with no public uproar.

Long story short, whatever treaty Tripolitania thought they were signing, the Senate, the President, and the US public read Article 11 in the form it's quoted today.

You're being either willfully dishonest, or (most likely) only partially informed.

Thank you for providing the evidence

May 5, 2014, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Because this nation was founded on Christian/Judeo values ]

To my argument that these prayers have turned into nothing more than an effort to incite the nonbelievers.

I thought you were joking at first but then I realized that

May 5, 2014, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Or maybe God is using them to fight a ]

you aren't and just don't know your history that well, which still gave me the lulz

They're not wrong, but Supreme Court judges are political appointees

May 5, 2014, 1:25 PM [ in reply to But they're not "going after Christianity." ]

And the conservatives have a majority at the moment.

It happens. If a conservative judge dies and Obama is still on office the liberals will have the majority and vote the opposite next time this matter is raised.

I think that

May 5, 2014, 1:27 PM

the case precedence regarding Higher Ed/Religious Expression is a tad more nuanced than you think it is.

How did that conservative majority work out

May 5, 2014, 2:53 PM [ in reply to They're not wrong, but Supreme Court judges are political appointees ]

when the ACA made it's way in front of Justice Roberts?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: How did that conservative majority work out

May 5, 2014, 3:07 PM

If Roberts is a conservative I am a mushroom.

Roberts is a bought and paid minion***

May 5, 2014, 3:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you shiitake or portabella?***

May 5, 2014, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Re: How did that conservative majority work out ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Found him

May 5, 2014, 3:42 PM

Not sure what type that is...probably a Japanese variety of some sort

^^^ Fungi. (fun........ guy.)***

May 5, 2014, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Are you shiitake or portabella?*** ]

Not going after Christianity? Could not be further off the

May 5, 2014, 2:42 PM [ in reply to But they're not "going after Christianity." ]

mark with your assessment.

You find, if you don't already know,

May 5, 2014, 5:43 PM [ in reply to I think they're a fringe, wannabe watchdog group.. ]

most young in The Spirit seem to think the struggle against evil is without. After a decade or so of fighting against the 'air,' they'll learn their struggle against evil is a battle fought within themselves.

If you could communicate without attempting to insult those with different opinions and belief you'd enjoy the conversations more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I haven't insulted anyone in this thread.

May 6, 2014, 8:07 AM

Read again.

YOU DONT??***

May 5, 2014, 12:33 PM [ in reply to You think the FFRF is the work of Satan? ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

this is actually what I think...

May 5, 2014, 8:26 AM [ in reply to You think the FFRF is the work of Satan? ]

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." - Ephesians 6:12

That's why I try not to make it or take it personal. Man is not my enemy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this is actually what I think...***

May 5, 2014, 2:16 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow***

May 5, 2014, 2:19 PM

With respect, (and I mean that)

May 5, 2014, 2:24 PM [ in reply to this is actually what I think... ]

it's stuff like this that makes it hard to be a Christian.

I can almost see having faith in difficult-to-believe events (resurrection, etc)...

I have a really hard time living life as if every move I make, every event in the world, and every word spoken is part of an intricate, never-ending battle between unseen armies of good and bad. To honestly believe that there are Devils and Demons and the like, manipulating people into bad things, well...

You seem like a very level-headed, rational person; the person who wrote that verse, though, does not. Just my opinion.

fair enough...

May 5, 2014, 2:31 PM

I think you are an intelligent, nice person as well.

Re: You think the FFRF is the work of Satan?

May 5, 2014, 4:35 PM [ in reply to You think the FFRF is the work of Satan? ]

Uh - let me dumb it down fer ya'

If you ain't wit' us - den you agin us.

HTH

MERCY. lol sheeeeeett!

He was solid on the ice at least.***

May 5, 2014, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Satan doesn't give up that easy*** ]

It's good to see that you're still alive, drew***

May 5, 2014, 12:43 PM

I used all of my negotiating skills

May 5, 2014, 12:48 PM

I'm fairly sure I just postponed the inevitable, but for now, all is quiet on the western front.

Even though I didn't feel it my place to interject my

May 5, 2014, 12:49 PM

opinion into it, I did follow that thread on Friday with the utmost interest and had the feels for you bro.

Much appreciated

May 5, 2014, 12:51 PM

On a side note, we are going to have wills made today. I hope it's just a coincidence.

Ooooooooo

May 5, 2014, 12:52 PM

get 'em done before the MIL gets in town fo sho then

Re: FFRF is cooked meat at this point. Lashed by Supreme Ct:

May 5, 2014, 12:02 PM

I personally don't give a crap about what FFRF or any of those non believer cults think or do. We Christians are going to pray regardless of what the FFRF groups, or the supreme court says or does. I give God all the glory each and everyday of my life, AMEN!!!

end of subject......next!***

May 5, 2014, 12:08 PM

What does this have to do with the FFRF accusations?

May 5, 2014, 3:22 PM

The court has upheld ritual prayer in government meetings for years calling it "ceremonial deism"

Dabo and coaches will be allowed to do the same unfettered

May 5, 2014, 3:45 PM

and unharassed by FFRF. The door has closed on their complaint.

Suck it, atheist ########.***

May 5, 2014, 9:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic