Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SC scheduling error
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

SC scheduling error

Oct 12, 2020, 10:01 AM

Bama and Ga play for the 70th time this weekend. Yet Ga has played Auburn 125 times. Same conference neighboring states. Divisional play only started a few years ago. It may explain 20 times not playing but not the other ducking of each other

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SC scheduling error

Oct 12, 2020, 10:12 AM

UGA and Auburn are two of the oldest football rivals in the country which explains their huge numbers of games played.

I would guess their number of games vs Bama is much closer to the rest of the SEC than their games vs Auburn.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2020, 10:18 AM

That conferences scheduling is puzzling. The coots seldom play LSU, Auburn, or Alabama. I realize they are in a different division but still one would think they would play more often. The coots record would be much worse if they had to play the upper tier teams which they avoid most of the time. UGA is the only good team they have to play every year in the conference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2020, 10:30 AM

It's not any more puzzling than how frequently we play the ACC Coastal teams with the exception of GA Tech.

Partial explanation of ua-uga games not played

Oct 12, 2020, 10:16 AM

https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/sports/college/story/2018/jan/03/why-dont-alabamand-georgiplay-every-year/460464/

Re: Partial explanation of ua-uga games not played

Oct 12, 2020, 10:27 AM

My wife had an uncle that used to talk about this and other examples of it. He has passed now. Wish I could remember some of his examples

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2020, 10:57 AM

UGA and Auburn are permanent cross-division rivals. They play annually. Just like we play GT annually.

Oct 12, 2020, 11:38 AM

and as I said div play is in recent years. it dosnt explain all the disparity

Oct 12, 2020, 11:43 AM

I believe that division play started in the SEC in 1992 as that was the first year of the SEC Championship game after they expanded to 12 teams in 1990.

Oct 12, 2020, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: SC scheduling error ]

Also, Georgia and Auburn started playing each other well before they joined the SEC. Their first game against each other was in 1892, and there's only been 3 times since then that they haven't played each other.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic