Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For the pumpers for CBB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

For the pumpers for CBB

Feb 25, 2016, 8:07 AM

Just curious - do you ever look at the BUSINESS side of these decisions, or just as a sports fan that loves the game?

I often wonder about that when reading some of the supporters/pumpers for CBB remaining, and how the team has improved, etc. As for me, I always tend to look at the business side along with the 'sports fan' side. Being in business for so many years and knowing that my experience in my field allows me to make good business decisions. That mindset tends to make me lean towards the best business decision, and that doesn't always sit well with those that only view the sports fan viewpoint. So I was curious how others tend to rationalize their viewpoint.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So go ahead and tell everyone about the business side

Feb 25, 2016, 8:10 AM

of Clemson and CBB

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: So go ahead and tell everyone about the business side***

Feb 25, 2016, 8:15 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

If it's business I would think we are stuck with CBB

Feb 25, 2016, 8:18 AM

Doesn't a 3,5 million buyout make keeping him a better business decision?

No, it saves you $500k to wait a year

Feb 25, 2016, 8:21 AM

but then you have to pay him his $1.7M salary

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=19069178

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

A little misleading

Feb 25, 2016, 8:31 AM

You save 500k by waiting a year. .But you still lose 3 mil. . Plus his salary. . Plus the salary of the next person .
all at one time..but..But. . In the past they can spread out the buyout. Like $3000 a year for the next 100 hundred years.

But.but if you simply let his contract run out. . You only pay the new guy.

But..but..but. as discussed yesterday , there are also opportunity costs being lost in there.

Lastly. . I imagine a person who was really good at business would be able to donate enough to iptay to directly contact the ad instead of using tigernet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

or at least enough to donate to T-net.

Feb 25, 2016, 8:44 AM

Maybe donating is for the "little people."

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: or at least enough to donate to T-net.***

Feb 25, 2016, 8:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^RA'd for insensitive remark***

Feb 25, 2016, 9:00 AM [ in reply to or at least enough to donate to T-net. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

careful bob, "they're" tryin to fire a good christian man...

Feb 25, 2016, 9:07 AM

no one's safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liijgHmbBzg

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wait wait wait

Feb 25, 2016, 9:09 AM

don't give bob a warning, it may be fun to watch!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

'magine bob will be reconsidering his christmas card list

Feb 25, 2016, 9:13 AM

after this, dave.

To send me a bigger juan?

Feb 25, 2016, 9:16 AM

with more money in it?

that's one way to look at it, dave.***

Feb 25, 2016, 9:18 AM

now wish in one hand...

Fyi.. if bill gates decided to save 50k and wait to develop

Feb 25, 2016, 8:44 AM [ in reply to If it's business I would think we are stuck with CBB ]

His own operating system, he wouldn't be a gabillionnaire today.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

In St. Louis, Bill Bidwell viewed the NFL Cardinals as

Feb 25, 2016, 8:18 AM

source of income. He didn't care if they made the playoffs, so long as they were profitable. Unlike other owners that made their wealth outside of the NFL and have teams as a vanity hobby, I don't think Bidwell had any other source of income. So he was very cheap with the team salary. The fans weren't happy, but he didn't care so long as he made a living off of it.

Sports should be entertaining. Yes it's a business, but it sucks to be the Washington Generals if you are a fan.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Wait... did you just say that you know we should fire

Feb 25, 2016, 8:19 AM

Brownell because you are 'in business?' And you didn't provide any specifics?

That sounds like Donald Trump running for athletic director.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rut roh.....***

Feb 25, 2016, 8:35 AM

This conversation is so yesterday

Feb 25, 2016, 9:09 AM

you're late!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic