Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ron Morris
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

Ron Morris

Jun 12, 2013, 10:16 AM

He blames the loss on chicken errors. He conveniently forgot the 2 run error on a routine fly ball by the unc centerfielder.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ron Morris=idiot***

Jun 12, 2013, 10:16 AM

Re: Ron Morris=idiot***

Jun 12, 2013, 10:22 AM

Yes, he has turned into kornkoot

He didn't turn into

Jun 12, 2013, 10:53 AM

he was forced to become korncoot, remember old steves little hissy fit

Why do you think he forgot about the UNC error?

Jun 12, 2013, 10:22 AM

Just because UNC made an error doesn't mean that USC didn't make errors.

Re: Why do you think he forgot about the UNC error?

Jun 12, 2013, 10:55 AM

thanks for the info coot

The point, errors are no excuse since both sides committed

Jun 12, 2013, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Why do you think he forgot about the UNC error? ]

them.

SEC education is so frustrating.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Who said errors are an "excuse"?

Jun 12, 2013, 2:00 PM

(Whatever that means)

If you say that USC cost themselves the super regional by letting North Carolina score more runs than them, are you making an excuse? Or are you stating a fact?

Re: Ron Morris

Jun 12, 2013, 10:28 AM

9 errors in 3 games will not get you to Omaha. Facts, 3 errors in the first game turned into 3 runs for UNC they win by 1.

That series should have been a sweep but UNC got away with one. The error almost cost them in game 3 but they hung on. I don't know about UNC, they ran the ACC and were ranked #1 most of this year but had trouble with Fla Atlantic and a mediocre gamecock team.

I am not sure who UNC this year but we will find out.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNC is in the midst of a slump, like most teams go through

Jun 12, 2013, 10:35 AM

their starting pitching is having a hard time getting through 2 or 3 innings, recipe for disaster. Tired, overused, whatever.

They are somehow winning games through their sheer talent/luck/willpower right now.

In baseball, all teams go through slumps or lulls during the season - the timing of them makes the difference between a championship run or an early Summer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNC's biggest problem....

Jun 12, 2013, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Ron Morris ]

was Mike Fox over-used their starting pitchers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jun 12, 2013, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Ron Morris ]

"That series should have been a sweep but UNC got away with one."

We should have won, the refs cheated us, the weather cheated us, the crowd cheated us. Blah, blah, blah. That's why no one takes you dirtpeckers seriously - there's always an excuse when you don't win. I've got a newsflash for you - you were beaten by a better team. They found a way to win and you didn't.

UNC won the ACC and is going to Omaha; Vandy won the SEC and is sitting at home. What does "they ran the ACC" have to do with anything? Guess the ACC is overrated and doesn't deserve to have 2 teams in the World Series, huh.

I like the downplay but how is SC mediocre?***

Jun 12, 2013, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Ron Morris ]

Jun 12, 2013, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Ron Morris ]

Oh now it was mediocre gamecock team. But right after the 8/0 shut out, it was the gamecocks have jelled at the right time and will be playing for yet another Baseball NC. Caller after caller after caller, that is all you heard on the coot sport radio Friday. All of cootlumbia coot fans were saying and believing you were headed to the CWS with another game left to play the #1 tar holes at home. You Idiots are so over full of yourself. I'm sure y'all are still punch drunk from the tar holes. But wait till November when Dabo brings his Tigers to cootlumbia and breaks the score board on y'all AS$. You will be BACK to where teams that CAN'T handle a little success belong, being a door mat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2013, 12:09 PM

All orange, you got to be a little snot nosed freshman at CU. Talking smack at how bad Dabo is going to beat SC this Nov and it's been a Sc beat down over Cu the last 4 years.

Jun 12, 2013, 12:38 PM

I wish I was a snot nose freshman at Clemson. Here is something for you to suck your thumb over F-boy. 1980 thru 1983 Clemson 4 straight over coots. 1988 thru 1991 Clemson 4 straight over coots. 1997 thru 2000 clemson 4 straight over coots. 2002 thru 2005 Clemson 4 straight over coots. And that's not even counting the 3, 4, 5, and 7 straight before 1980. 4 straight twice in your entire coot history. So please tell what in the H&ll is it that your fan base is bragging about. Surely it can't be the second time ever the gamecock have beat down as you say over Clemson. A beat down is what we have done to the coots your entire history. And 7 straight is a REAL BEAT down door mat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:He needs to go and let momma change his diaper. It is

Jun 12, 2013, 2:42 PM

beginning to smell.

Re:should have, would have, blah blah blah. I a frog had

Jun 12, 2013, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Ron Morris ]

wings he would not bust his butt when he alights.

Re:Today, was the first time that I have read the State in

Jun 12, 2013, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Ron Morris ]

months. I ran across a copy while having my car serviced this morning. I was
shocked that the score did not make the headlines. I bet,had they won, it would have took up half of the front page. What a rag.

Every team other than Louisville can make that claim

Jun 12, 2013, 10:31 AM

Of the 18 Super Regional Games only 4 times did the team making the most errors win

SCar in game 2 (already up 5 before their first error)
Indiana in Game 2 vs FSU (1 error to 0)
Louisville in both games vs Vandy (1 error in game 1 and 2 in game 2. Vandy made no errors in the series)

The only teams to have 3 errors and win was SCar in game 2 and Indiana in Game 1 (FSU also had 3 errors in game 1)

Pitching and defense are the way to Omaha.

One team made 3 errors and lost...

Jun 12, 2013, 11:53 AM

the other made 2 errors and won. The difference in the game was one run. Seems logical.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Re: One team made 3 errors and lost...

Jun 12, 2013, 12:15 PM

Tell em coot

MoRon is an $CU spin doctor.

Jun 12, 2013, 10:40 AM

Did he say anything about the horse shoe $CU had stuck-up its a$$ for the past three years.

Tanner must have taken it with him to the AD's office.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: MoRon is an $CU spin doctor.

Jun 12, 2013, 10:51 AM

so are you saying that they won 2 national championships and played for a third one, all in a row, because of luck? if that is the case we need jack to start looking up horses behinds for a lucky item so we can at least get back to Omaha, instead of just wearing the name on our hats.

Did you actually watch any of the games?

Jun 12, 2013, 11:01 AM

They were some of the luckiest S0B's on the planet during that run.

LOL...them sour grapes are puckerin' you up on this one.

Jun 12, 2013, 12:11 PM

A 3-year run of good luck? I know you're looking through orange glasses, but come on, man...you know that's just unreasonable.

How else do you explain JBJr not being rung up

Jun 12, 2013, 12:39 PM

that was a fast ball down the middle by that Ok pitcher. ;)

Don't remember any particular plays...

Jun 12, 2013, 12:55 PM

Sure, a team can get "lucky" now and then. But over three years, and upwards of 150 wins, at some point, you just have to say they were pretty darn good.

(Yes, I caught your winky and know you were kidding. I just had more to say on the subject.)

I think the 2010 team got lucky a number of ways

Jun 12, 2013, 1:59 PM

first and foremost getting paired up with quite possibly the weakest national seed in a long time in Coastal Carolina. Even if they were to advance it was going to effectively be a home series for SCar. Most folks thought Coastal would have been paired up with the UConn Regional (which FSU won) and UVA would have been paried up with Columbia. (In fact that whole year was screwed up with the pairings)

And then yes, Jackie Bradley Jr. struck out to end the game but he wasn't rung up.

2011 was the best team in the land. They didn't need luck.

Don't remember much about 2012. Did SCar have both stoney brook and Kent in their bracket at the CWS? I don't think they had to face a national seed in Omaha but I could be wrong about that.

Re: Since you mentioned JBJr., what has happened to him?

Jun 12, 2013, 2:45 PM [ in reply to How else do you explain JBJr not being rung up ]

Did he ever get that ba over .0097?

He got another stint on the big club recently.

Jun 12, 2013, 2:48 PM

Replacing an injured Victorino on the roster, I believe (he's now back). Had five hits in 21 ABs this go-round, including his first homer. He's hitting .348 in AAA this year...very promising talent for the Sox.

Re:He has not been in the box score for a week.***

Jun 12, 2013, 2:52 PM

That's what I meant to say. Victorino came back...

Jun 12, 2013, 2:53 PM

So Bradley went back down.

Let me see if I can explain....

Jun 12, 2013, 12:54 PM [ in reply to LOL...them sour grapes are puckerin' you up on this one. ]

At no point in time did I even remotely suggest that $CU's baseball team was not good.

At no point in time did I ever even remotely suggest that $CU's three year run was based solely on luck.

That said, $CU had more than its fair share of lucky breaks which contribute greatly to its three year run.

It's not sour grapes, it's not orange glasses, and it's not unreasonable.

It's called reality.

OK, well I can't disagree with you there.

Jun 12, 2013, 12:57 PM

Just didn't get that from your previous post, because the poster specifically was talking about the championship run being because of luck, and you didn't seem to want to counter that notion.

Every team gets some measure of "luck" in every game they play, certainly. So, by extension, every championship team had to be the recipient of good fortune.

Re: Let me see if I can explain....

Jun 12, 2013, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Let me see if I can explain.... ]

whatever makes you feel better about your logic and statements. I don't mind someone having orange glasses on BUT be realistic. I dont think any team even gets to a nc game with luck. but 3 times in a row, come on man. I will admit luck plays a part in any teams game, but to say a team got to a nc game 3 years in a row by luck, is a bit of a stretch or envy one.

Obviously reading comprehension is not your forte

Jun 12, 2013, 1:57 PM

At no point in time did I specifically say or even remotely imply that $CU getting to the NC game three years in a row was luck.

Why does it matter? Errors aren't excuses for a team losing

Jun 12, 2013, 10:58 AM

It just means that they failed to get the job done in the field. Saying they would've won if they hadn't made errors is like saying they would've won if they had gotten a couple more timely hits.

They didn't and they lost. End of story.

In a discussion of why you lost, it matters

Jun 12, 2013, 11:24 AM

In the end their defense let them down in their two losses to UNC. I'm guessing that was the point of the article.

That's fine, and i agree, but the OP is potraying this

Jun 12, 2013, 11:38 AM

like Morris is making excuses for the coots or something. Unless the ball caromed off of a bird, it's their fault for making the error.

When it comes to college baseball.....

Jun 12, 2013, 11:50 AM [ in reply to In a discussion of why you lost, it matters ]

wins and losses generally boils down to which team hits the ball better with a composite bat or which group of 18 to 22 year old kids makes the fewest mistakes.

In the grand scheme of things, college baseball is a level or two below minor leage baseball but with fewer players from Asia and South America.

Re: Pretty much right on.***

Jun 12, 2013, 2:46 PM

Jun 12, 2013, 11:40 AM

Yep, that one error was worth +2 runs for the coots.

MoRon=wright=korncoot=carvell

Jun 12, 2013, 11:46 AM

obs approves all of their columns

Yep, he used to be objective until SOS threatened his job.

Jun 12, 2013, 12:19 PM

Now he just kisses their feet with every article! Pretty sickening to read so I stay away from his articles.

I fail to see how an article that says errors cost USC

Jun 12, 2013, 12:23 PM

A series, as someone biased toward, or not objective about USC. What would be the "objective" thing to say?

I could be wrong

Jun 12, 2013, 12:38 PM

but I think the article may hint at "Well, the gamecocks beat themselves. Without those errors, they would have won", instead of "UNC played better that game".

Since both teams scored runs on errors, I figure those are kinda thrown out and UNC play was better overall. Errors are either bad plays or 'whoopsies'. Some may think Ron is calling them all 'whoopsies'.

My expert, technical opinion

Clemson

I didn't watch the Tuesday game...watched Sat. and Sun.

Jun 12, 2013, 12:48 PM

I thought the Gamecocks looked like the better team on both of those days, though UNC appeared to have more talent and be a better team overall.

I think the Gamecocks definitely cost themselves the super regional with shoddy defense. I don't see how anyone can deny that. That doesn't mean UNC didn't deserve it, though.

It's forced versus unforced

Jun 12, 2013, 12:54 PM

Wasn't Gamecock play sloppy because UNC hit/ran bases to force bad decisions? Sliding at good moments to cause the fielders to miss a thrown ball?

I think it was a mix-bag of both. But it seems somewhat disrespectful to call an earned win, basically, a happy accident. Both teams had errors that cost them runs. If you want to say Gamecocks did it to themselves, then they didn't deserve a win. If UNC forced the errors/capitalized on them better, give UNC credit for good play.

Not saying you need to do this, saying articles need to be careful about it.

Clemson

True...I didn't read this article

Jun 12, 2013, 12:59 PM

(Don't remember the last time I read something Ron Morris wrote), but the original poster's description of it seems pretty innocuous.

Re: It's forced versus unforced

Jun 12, 2013, 4:50 PM [ in reply to It's forced versus unforced ]

That's what too many of us fail to realize - it's an easy throw/catch in the backyard or in practice, but it's another thing altogether with the chatter from the opposing players, the fans, the pressure, etc.

UNC was able to keep tremendous pressure on them for 2 of the 3 games.

Re: It's forced versus unforced

Jun 12, 2013, 7:56 PM

+1 cat for the TD accident!!!

During the 3 game series, unc walked 18 chickens while

Jun 12, 2013, 12:20 PM

chickentech walked only 8. Thats 10 additional people on base discounting any slight discrepancy in errors. They lost 2 out of 3 in chapelhole just like the Tigers did---unless you wanna count the blown ACCTournament game played in Durham--8 miles up US HWY 15-501 from chapelhole---as a home game for the tarholes too---which it was

I have no sympathy for the chickens. They got beat by a better team. Happens all the time

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But they walked in the winning run yesterday....***

Jun 12, 2013, 1:42 PM

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Re:Coots forget that defense is a large part of the game.***

Jun 12, 2013, 2:33 PM

A coot calling someone a hypocrite

Jun 12, 2013, 2:49 PM

Is the pot calling the kettle black.
If I do recall Columbia Community College made it in the 4th quater after we led the game for almost 3. We didn't play to the best of our abilities for whatever reason, but we let ourselves get beat.
"We didn't feel like playing as hard because our opponent was inferior" is a good excuse you and the rest of the $EC use, can we borrow it? On second thought, you can keep it, we're better then that.

Also, solidorange is smarter, better, etc than you and coot nation after his freshman year at Clemson than a lifetime of cootlumbia schooling, which is usually how long it takes you coots to get out of that prison.

Next year will be different, Willy B Cockroach Stadium will be burned to the groun when we are done with it.

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic