Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rewatched the game. Some thoughts.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Rewatched the game. Some thoughts.

Oct 1, 2018, 1:54 AM

Lawrence made 2 bad throws that I saw. Neither one really bad. Behind the receiver on a crossing pattern and overthrowing a guy in the endzone. Our OL did a formidable job of run blocking but the pass blocking was shaky. On one throw down field Lawrence had to step up to avoid pressure and missed.

This team hasn't really found a groove yet. When pass protection was ok, Lawrence missed on a throw or two. But sometimes even in the second half protection was not good, hence the 4 sacks. Though one of those was maybe the Chase's fault.

We did get a little lucky in this one. Syracuse self destructed on the drive after our first 4th quarter TD.

This team has work to do but can't help but think they are going to improve a lot over the next few weeks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cuse was gassed from chasing our running backs.

Oct 1, 2018, 2:34 AM

Our passing game is designed with historical significance. We pass to open the run throughout the game then when the opponent's defense is worn down we finish them off by running the ball down their throats. It's the most humiliating and humbling way to lose a game when a man realizes the loss was on their manhood.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, that last sack was on Chase, he rolled right into it,

Oct 1, 2018, 6:55 AM

the DE was being blocked outside so he has to stay inside but certainly understandable by a RS Freshman being thrown into the fire with his team already behind and and the vultures circling when he came in! Hard to ask for much more than he gave us! Etienne and Feaster as well!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course we haven't found a groove yet

Oct 1, 2018, 8:11 AM

We have yet to play an entire game with the same quarterback. Hopefully we can get TL back healthy and 100% this weekend and can finally play a full game. Having some consistency under center will make things a lot easier for everyone from coaches to linemen and help our offense establish an identity. All of the inconsistency, however, has helped in that if and when we do need to put in QB2, our offense and coaches have learned to master flexibility and adapting this year.

I'm expecting great things this year more than ever!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic