Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rendrick Taylor
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,812

Rendrick Taylor

Sep 10, 2013, 3:56 PM

Ran into him last night at WalMart in central, he told me he is coming back as a GA under Batson. I'm really glad he is back in tiger town, he is still a beast and should really help these guys put on size.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he should be made assistant coach in charge of untapped

Sep 10, 2013, 4:05 PM

potential. ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAT TAX NOW!

He and Ben Hall can share the position***

Sep 10, 2013, 4:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

LOL!!! SPOT ON!

Sep 10, 2013, 4:10 PM

wow, been saying for YEARS that Ben Hall was the most underutilized weapon we've had in my lifetime in a Tiger uni.....i really think that offense cost that kid a chance to develop into an NFL talent....hands, speed, ran hard after the catch....a freshman all-american who virtually disappeared in that offense. He was a beast just ready to be developed and never was.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL!!! SPOT ON!

Sep 10, 2013, 4:16 PM

we're on track to do this with Steward's eligilbility too

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thought about that this past weekend

Sep 10, 2013, 4:18 PM

the only difference is the injury issue with him but he looks like he's moving fine. Hall was just out of place in that scheme we ran back then under Stockstill/Spence, etc. when Hall was here. He could have been developed into a 1st rounder as far as i'm concerned.....

Re: thought about that this past weekend

Sep 10, 2013, 4:23 PM

Tony Steward had as good or better of high school tape than anyone to come around in the last 10 years.

Now, I know it's high school. But he was a freak in the mold of Jadeveon Clowney but at a different position.

It's clear that his injury has hampered him maybe not physically, but with the confidence he had as a blue-chipper.

I know top recruits don't always pan out, and I'm not normally critical of coaching decisions, but I think we've mismanaged this one. Only one year of eligibility left and not much to show for it, barring a breakout performance down the stretch this year.

i've heard just what you've said from several folks

Sep 10, 2013, 4:27 PM

i'd love the kid to just bust out and start beasting out somehow. Hopefully he'll get his chance....you have to think that two ACL's can create a little subconscious issue in a player. I'm rooting hard for him because he's a former 5 star who shows up, plays special teams, and some plays at LB and does his job.

Re: i've heard just what you've said from several folks

Sep 10, 2013, 4:29 PM

Yep. We've seen flashes of it on special teams.

I have to think that if Shuey wasn't around, he would be out there. But what you trade in athleticism, you also trade in discipline, leadership and understanding of the scheme.

It'd be nice for him to break out at, say, NC State

Hard to come back from 2

Sep 10, 2013, 4:32 PM

That being said, the more he's on the field, the less he will think about making cuts. That's the worst part of ACL injuries, it is usually non contact, so every cut you make, you make with a little hesitation.

Re: Hard to come back from 2

Sep 10, 2013, 4:43 PM

Exactly. Delicate balance between getting a player "physically" back and mentally back at the same time without risking aggravation. And I do know it's tough for the coaches.

I just think that at least that freshman year of his he should have had the RS. Could have meant a big difference with a full recovery year.

All that said, he could pull a Daquan Bowers (to a more extreme extent), dominate for one year and then get himself a nice contract.

as much as i don't want it to happen

Sep 10, 2013, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Re: i've heard just what you've said from several folks ]

the LB Corps will get dinged up with minor stuff, and with our depth, Tony will get out on the field eventually.....i'd love to see #7 in the backfield putting his facemask in some teeth with the ball flying out for some turnovers....that big fella brings some heat when he hits.

Wow hope you're OK.

Sep 10, 2013, 4:06 PM

He's a pretty big dood ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

^^^ packing a snack and heading to walmart with his

Sep 10, 2013, 5:17 PM

fingers crossed...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hate we never got to see his potential***

Sep 10, 2013, 4:07 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: Rendrick Taylor

Sep 10, 2013, 4:08 PM

The same Rendrick Taylor who consistently regressed under Batson after putting on a bunch of useless, stiff bulk? Taylor couldn't do anything later in his career because he was carrying around a bunch of useless weight and inapplicable strength. The guy could only run 80% speed when he left here compared to when he got here. It can't be good for confidence/consistency when you see yourself go from "athletic" to "big and struggle to turn your head around during a lane change on the interstate"

Yes, I think you're talking about the same guy***

Sep 10, 2013, 4:12 PM

He came to Clemson bulked up.

Sep 10, 2013, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Rendrick Taylor ]

But you are correct that bodybuilders don't make good football players. Powerlifters may, but bodybuilders do not.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

The 2014 Tigers will be full of jacked bodybuilders

Sep 10, 2013, 5:14 PM

Ooohhh yeah, bicep curls all day long.

Taylor

Sep 10, 2013, 7:18 PM

I'm convince that if this guy had came in while the "Chad" was here, he would've been an all American!!! He would've found ways to use him all over the place !!

Re: Taylor

Sep 10, 2013, 9:01 PM

I mentioned something to that extent and he said it would have been fun playing for chad

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,812
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic