Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting news and notes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 4,796

Recruiting news and notes

Jan 8, 2016, 11:04 AM

QB commit Zerrick Cooper will play in the Blue-Grey All American game in Tampa on January 9th. It will be live streamed on ImpactFootballNetwork.com.

OL commit Tremayne Anchrum is an early enrollee who played in the Offense-Defense All American Senior Bowl Friday in Daytona Beach. Others enrolling early include Rahshaun Smith, Dexter Lawrence, Sean Pollard, Tre Lamar and Nyles Pinckney.

Tiger TE commit JC Chalk turned some heads during Semper Fi Bowl practice with a nice one-handed catch. One scout labeled him as having a college ready frame.

As impressive as Chalk was during practice, WR TJ Chase was clearly the talk of town as he was labeled as being unguardable. OL Sean Pollard and WR Diondre Overton also made plenty of noise with their play as well.

Elite 2017 RB Cordarrian Richardson released a Top 8 on Sunday of Clemson, LSU, Bama, Tenn, Auburn, Okla, MichSt and FSU. All he did this year was rush for 2,390 yards and 18 TDs while averaging over 170 yards per game.

Clemson commit Dexter Lawrence made USA Today's All-USA First Team Defense and RB Tavien Feaster made First Team Offense. LB prospect Rahshaun Smith and DB target Trayvon Mullen were named to the Second Team unit.

Dexter Lawrence was also named AP State Player of the Year in North Carolina.

2017 WR target JT Cauthen has given a verbal to UNC. Keep your eye on Tennessee receiver Tee Higgins (6-5 195) now as the speculation is that he would like to play along side Clemson QB commit Hunter Johnson. In 2015, he caught 46 passes for 841 yards with 16 receiving TDs.

ATH Malek Young told reporters on Sunday that his top four are Clemson, South Carolina, Miami and Ohio State. Young will officially visit Clemson (Jan. 15), Miami (Jan. 22) and South Carolina (Jan. 29) before announcing a decision on National Signing Day. “I always kept in touch with Clemson. I just watch their defensive backs coach every game and I love the way he coaches them.”

Star OL recruit John Simpson has scheduled visits to Florida on January 16th, Clemson on January 23rd and Alabama on January 30th.

Highly touted CB prospect Trayvon Mullen will visit Clemson on January 15th. He's been to FSU, TCU, UofL and will see LSU the week after he visits Clemson. “I love Clemson, I love the coaches, I just love everything about it,” Mullen said. "I watch them a lot because that’s one school that I feel like I’m going to hold with till the end, till like Signing Day. That’s like my dream school.” One note on UofL is that freshman QB Lamar Jackson is his cousin. They are close and it was Jackson who pushed for him to visit the Cardinals.

Clemson has been in talks with Savannah RB Arkeem Byrd but no offer has been extended. Mike Reed is interested in potentially taking him as a DB. Clemson is also interested in S Daniel Thomas of Alabama who totaled 87 tackles, 7 INTs and two punt returns for a TD last season.

Perhaps the most interesting news on the trail is that Clemson has offered former Penn State commit Lavert Hill of Detroit, MI. He'll be visiting on the 20th and is rated the #6 CB by 247sports.

DL Michael Carter (6-4 310) has slated a visit to Clemson on January 15th. He'll also see Georgia, Georgia Tech, and possibly Alabama and Auburn. He is expected to announce of Signing Day.

Top DL Rashan Gary released a Top 8 which included Clemson and the Tigers are in the mix to get his final visit. Gary has an uncle who lives in the upstate.

Looking ahead to 2017, Jaden Hunter tweeted a top 5 of Clemson, UGA, Bama, FSU and LSU. Hunter told reporters that Clemson is the school recruiting him the hardest and he is very interested in Clemson. According to ESPN, Hunter is the #5 outside linebacker.

William Poole III is in the same class and released a Top 5 of Bama, Clemson, Fla, FSU and UGA. He is rated the #3 CB per Rivals.com.

2017 ATH/WR Jerry Jeudy has released a favorites list which included Clemson, Bama, Auburn, Florida, FSU, UGA, Ohio St, Scar, Tenn and WVU. Rivals rates him as the #11 WR.

The nations top 2018 OL Will Lawrence released a Top 6 of Clemson, Arizona St., Auburn, LSU, Texas, and Mizzou. His skill set is extremely advanced for his age and he could draw comparisons to Mitch Hyatt.

Star 2018 DE Eli Adams is taking notice of Clemsons stellar year and was in town last year for the Syracuse game. This season Adams tallied 18 sacks as his South Pointe squad won a state championship.

Two 2018 recruits will attend Clemsons bowl game in Miami Gardens on Thursday. CB Benny Sapp III and Asante Samuel Jr. will be in attendance and Sapp already has a Top 3 of Clemson, FSU and Florida.

QB Jake Bentley of Opelika, AL has been very impressive in camp during this holiday season and could make a huge jump in the rankings. He named Stanford as his favorite but South Carolina is trying to make a move with him.

Fresh out of the dryer and awaiting some ironing out is my Top 217 prospects for 2017. A quick glimpse of the top ten could look like this;

WR/ATH Darnay Holmes 6-0 190 Calabasas, CA CHS
OL Jack Anderson 6-5 285 Frisco, TX FHS
RB Najee Harris 6'2 222 Antioch, CA AHS
LB Dylan Moses 6-225 Baton Rouge, LA University Lab
QB Hunter Johnson 6-3 205 Brownsville, IN BHS
DT Marvin Wilson 6-4 315 Bellaire, TX Episcopal HS
OT Calvin Ashley 6-7 300 Orlando, FL Dr. Phillips
DT Tyler Shelvin 6-2 320 Lafayette, LA Northside
OT Jedrick Wills 6-5 315 Lexington, KY Lafayette
WR James Robinson 6-3 190 Lakeland, FL LHS

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks!

Jan 8, 2016, 11:07 AM

Go Tigers!

2015 College Football Playoff Champions! 15-0

Re: Recruiting news and notes

Jan 8, 2016, 11:08 AM

Thanks for this! Always enjoy reading your posts Bry ????

Jan 8, 2016, 11:11 AM

Thanks Bry

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Link, please

Jan 8, 2016, 11:15 AM

Thanks!

Excellent Information!! Thanks you sir.

Jan 8, 2016, 11:25 AM

Jan 8, 2016, 11:31 AM

>
> WR/ATH Darnay Holmes 6-0 190 Calabasas, CA CHS
> OL Jack Anderson 6-5 285 Frisco, TX FHS
> RB Najee Harris 6'2 222 Antioch, CA AHS
> LB Dylan Moses 6-225 Baton Rouge, LA University Lab
> QB Hunter Johnson 6-3 205 Brownsville, IN BHS
> DT Marvin Wilson 6-4 315 Bellaire, TX Episcopal HS
> OT Calvin Ashley 6-7 300 Orlando, FL Dr. Phillips
> DT Tyler Shelvin 6-2 320 Lafayette, LA Northside
> OT Jedrick Wills 6-5 315 Lexington, KY Lafayette
> WR James Robinson 6-3 190 Lakeland, FL LHS

that's a lot of states we don't typically fair well in pulling recruits from.

Top 217 overall. Not just Tiger prospects.

Jan 8, 2016, 11:44 AM

These ten have shown enormous production while playing well on the big stage at camps, in the playoffs and really stand out to me.

HEY!!!! Look who shows up!!! Been missing you Bry

Jan 8, 2016, 11:34 AM

as usual....great stuff!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Holy crap! Let me get you a beer...

Jan 8, 2016, 11:36 AM

you must be exhausted after all of that.

What's our chances with Gary?

Jan 8, 2016, 11:41 AM

ESPN said its Michigan and ole Miss?
GO TIGERS!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Getting his last official visit is the key here.

Jan 8, 2016, 11:47 AM

Get him in and things could get interesting. But again Michigan would appear to be the leader above all.

Check out TigerNet's David Hood interview with him from last Saturday. Good stuff
http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=18683306#18683306

Keep an eye on his teammate Corey Bolds

Jan 8, 2016, 1:50 PM

I think he's supposed to release a Top 5 soon and that certainly couldn't hurt our chances. I believe he's gonna visit us later this month and wouldn't it be nice if Rashan came along with him.

Jan 9, 2016, 12:51 AM

Any info on Ortre Smith and Shi Smith? I'd love to have those two instate prospects apart of WRU, Robinson would be great but those two are the two I really want, especially with SCar trying to take back over the state.

Thanks! Good stuff!***

Jan 9, 2016, 1:01 AM

WAY better stuff than that crap that gwdspp puts out. THANKS***

Jan 9, 2016, 3:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Awesome and thanks!

Jan 9, 2016, 7:46 AM

Always great info.

Great post tigerbry. Have you heard anything about

Jan 9, 2016, 8:44 AM

James Robinson? I heard he was a Clemson lean as of right now but not sure if that's true. That kid is going to be a great WR in college, would love to get him. Also, what is your prediction on the remaining prospects we will sign before this 2016 recruiting class done? Thanks again, great info as always

Replies: 17
| visibility 4,796
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic