Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reading an article in Bleacher Report
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,198

Reading an article in Bleacher Report

Oct 31, 2015, 7:07 AM

by Greg Wallace highlighting the 12 undefeated teams and the chances of those 12 teams remaining undefeated through seasons end. He went to great pains to address these undefeated teams conference by conference, including the MAC and AAC. The one school/conference completely left out of his article? Yes, you guessed it Clemson/ACC. It would be funny if it weren't so blatantly pathetic and journalistically unprofessional. No, I'm not wearing a "tin foil hat" but I do wonder, why leave one team out? Why Clemson? Can you imagine for one second not including Ohio State in an article about undefeated teams or God forbid, LSU? I had a psychology professor that used to say " Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get you." It's past the point of reason to just dismiss it like it doesn't matter because it should. No other fanbase, despite much evidence to the contrary, has their school being mocked and trivialized with a term that is so overused and unfair that it's mere mention has to be completely on purpose. What makes pundents and writers in the mainstream media to have such overt and systematic disdain for Clemson? I am not normally a conspiracy theorist but some things are just too obvious to conclude otherwise. Why does the mere thought of Clemson contending for a playoff spot evoke such a contempt? Sure, in a fair, rational and objective world an undefeated Clemson should be included in the playoff discussion but this isn't fair by a long shot. I suspect we are witnessing the ground work being laid to minimize our accomplishments only to maximize others, case in point ND's loss to us is more impressive that our win over ND...what? When the situation you find yourself in is so bazaar, you start believing in hidden agendas then, it's time to accept that If Clemson does happen to stumble, we will all hear a huge collective sigh of relief from our detractors and we will never hear the end of the "c-word " ever again. What a total lack of respect! Go Tigers, prove them all wrong!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is the anti-Christian + ant-southern bias against Dabo

Oct 31, 2015, 7:20 AM

And his positive, "pro-family" approach.

Just keep doing what you are doing Dabo and everything will be just fine. ????

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep!

Oct 31, 2015, 8:19 AM

I couldn't agree more. Once Dabo thanked Jesus after the ND game NBC switched the broadcast to the studio to see commentator's looking at the tablets. Once Dabo was done NBC switched back to his post game interview. Christianity is under attack across the globe. No media outlet is trust worthy. FFR (Freedom From Religion) tried to come after Dabo last year but didn't get enough momentum.

Pretty much.***

Oct 31, 2015, 9:06 AM [ in reply to It is the anti-Christian + ant-southern bias against Dabo ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reading an article in Bleacher Report

Oct 31, 2015, 7:47 AM

The media really has tried to make it out that nd won the game against us. That is truly bizarre, because they say that if nd runs the table, they should get in to the playoffs because they only lost to a highly ranked Clemson team. Yet our schedule is easy because we only have to beat fsu near the end of the year. They dismiss the fact that we had a top ten win over a team still in the top ten, because apparently early season wins over ranked opponents don't mean much. This is only true when those teams are no longer ranked. There are lots of teams that have wins over ranked opponents that are no longer ranked. bammer gets all the credit in the world for road wins against always over-hyped ugay and aTm.

So what you are saying is..

Oct 31, 2015, 8:23 AM

they are giving ND credit for playing us and losing and dissing us for barely beating them. In a round about way that is larger sign of respect for our program.

link?***

Oct 31, 2015, 7:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: link?***

Oct 31, 2015, 8:24 AM

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2584227-odds-multiple-college-football-teams-finish-the-2015-season-undefeated

The article is basically built around unbeaten teams

Oct 31, 2015, 9:01 AM

who still have to play each other. His comments about LSU and Toledo suggest that they have a good chance of losing a regular season game.

In that context, Clemson may not need to be included because he apparently doesn't think FSU is a serious challenge to our unbeaten season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2015, 8:12 AM

I stopped after I got to "Bleacher Report." Consider the source. Anyone can write for that hack site, it's more a collection of basement-dwellers' blogs than anything resembling "journalism."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2015, 8:12 AM

Here is what I do. I don't read the Bleacher Report. I don't even know what the Bleacher Report is.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here, let me help you out.

Oct 31, 2015, 8:32 AM

Editor's preface. This is what a post should look like if you expect everybody to read it.

"by Greg Wallace highlighting the 12 undefeated teams and the chances of those 12 teams remaining undefeated through seasons end. He went to great pains to address these undefeated teams conference by conference, including the MAC and AAC.

The one school/conference completely left out of his article? Yes, you guessed it Clemson/ACC. It would be funny if it weren't so blatantly pathetic and journalistically unprofessional. No, I'm not wearing a "tin foil hat" but I do wonder, why leave one team out?

Why Clemson? Can you imagine for one second not including Ohio State in an article about undefeated teams or God forbid, LSU? I had a psychology professor that used to say " Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get you." It's past the point of reason to just dismiss it like it doesn't matter because it should.

No other fanbase, despite much evidence to the contrary, has their school being mocked and trivialized with a term that is so overused and unfair that it's mere mention has to be completely on purpose. What makes pundents and writers in the mainstream media to have such overt and systematic disdain for Clemson?

I am not normally a conspiracy theorist but some things are just too obvious to conclude otherwise. Why does the mere thought of Clemson contending for a playoff spot evoke such a contempt? Sure, in a fair, rational and objective world an undefeated Clemson should be included in the playoff discussion but this isn't fair by a long shot.

I suspect we are witnessing the ground work being laid to minimize our accomplishments only to maximize others, case in point ND's loss to us is more impressive that our win over ND...what? When the situation you find yourself in is so bazaar, you start believing in hidden agendas then, it's time to accept that If Clemson does happen to stumble, we will all hear a huge collective sigh of relief from our detractors and we will never hear the end of the "c-word " ever again.

What a total lack of respect! Go Tigers, prove them all wrong!"

Editor's Note. Being the resident acclaimed conspiracy theorist, acknowledged and recognized by all, I'm glad somebody else has taken up the burden of the mantle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here, let me help you out.

Oct 31, 2015, 8:39 AM

Thanks for the edit...I think I never really know when someone is being honestly helpful, sarcastic and or funny. Since I always like most of your posts, I will choose to assume you're being helpful.

Yo! CT1988....that is great! Count me in on the Conspiracy Theory Band Wagon as well...

Oct 31, 2015, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Here, let me help you out. ]

Anybody who doesn't believe that immediate "Cut-away" from Dabo invoking the Holy Spirit right after our win against the Tarnished Domers wasn't intentional is not being intellectually honest.

Clemson is consistently ranked among the most culturally Conservative institutions in the nation. The FFR issue, along with the ridiculous Tillman Hall thing has positioned Clemson as a favorite target of the Liberal ESPN media pundits.

I love being a member of the opposition that refuses to yield to political correctness. It will be great to shove it down these Jack Wagon's throats when Dabo et al show success doing things the long, hard, right way.

Oct 31, 2015, 8:41 AM

There's no chance Notre Dame gets in the playoffs and we don't "if" we remain undefeated. We may both get there but the credibility of the playoff system would be destroyed over night if the heralded "Committee" allowed that to happen. So we've just got to keep winning. If we go 15-0 we will be the National Champions. And as Dabo always says, "the only poll that matters is the final one." Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If ND and Clemson meets for natl champ game, then we

Oct 31, 2015, 8:55 AM

Don't even need to play the game because we already beat them this year. Done!

Message was edited by: hufferbilly®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And they will refuse to play us because...

Oct 31, 2015, 9:14 AM

They beat us the first time by negative 2 points. We're not worthy enough to play them again!

~JKB

He used to write for the Anderson paper and got laid off about 2-3 years ago

Oct 31, 2015, 8:41 AM

He covered Clemson sports for them. Must be bitter.

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,198
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic