Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So How Should we feel about next year? Expectations?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

So How Should we feel about next year? Expectations?

Jan 5, 2015, 8:38 AM

We lose 11 on our depth chart on Defense. Including 8 of 11 starters.

We lose 8 on our depth chart on offense including 3 OL starters and a starting WR(not really worried about that).

I think Defense will take a step back next season losing most of our stars(not hard to do considering we were 1st in total D this year). However, I do think we'll still have a top 20-30 D. With Venables and the young talent we should still be very good on that side of the ball.

I fully expect our offense to take a HUGE LEAP forward if DW can stay healthy for the entire season. I hope our OL plays well so we can run the ball effectively.

I think we win 10-11 games in the regular season. If we get hot and beat 3/4 of ND, GT, FSU, usuc we have a shot at the playoffs(losing to usuc would take us out of the hunt though). Getting ND, FSU, and GT at home helps.

ND and potentially usuc will be improved next year. FSU(I expect little drop off even with shameis gone) and GT will remain good teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

quality football post and agree for the most. it's a boon

Jan 5, 2015, 8:58 AM

that most every one in the 2 deep on the d side of the ball[o as well] will have been in the system since day 1. the staff remains and they've had a great senior class to follow and learn from as well.

has jameis declared or is that just what most expect at this point?

clemson was light years better than scar this year; i'd be really surprised and disappointed if in game 12[provided no significant injuries - fingers crossed] clemson doesn't leave willy b with a win and perhaps an easy one, not that a rival game doesn't have it's own energy & inexplicable outcomes at times - smdh still...

it'll be interesting how this year's less than stellar showing from the sec "powers" impacts the thinking in 2015. i'm not sure a clemson with one loss[dependent on e'ryone else of course] gets the linkin, blinkin and knod.

i imagine a lot of emotion will be shown for the tcus and perhaps a 1 loss clemson will benefit from that?

looking forward to it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: quality football post and agree for the most. it's a boon

Jan 5, 2015, 9:03 AM

Honestly, with the way he acted during the @ss whippin against Oregon and the constant drama and crap that he brings I have a feeling that ol shameis might have worn out his welcome at fsu and will declare. He's supremely talented but you can only take so much of a person that can't seem to "get right".

I think "Big" 1 loss teams will get a lot of love next year after TCU showed out in their bowl. I also expect an 8 team playoff sooner than later.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

you're probably right bout jameis; i just don't see it to be

Jan 5, 2015, 9:12 AM

as much of an issue as some "hope"[not saying you're juan] or believe it to be though; sometimes it's best for e'ry juan to put that in the rear view so... there are rumors of transfers, braxton miller wouldn't have to sit out if i understand the rules. i'd be surprised if fswho shows up in the valley without a quality qb at the helm. horry crap, they got skeel all over the field and deep too.

no matter what, a win against fsu is huge and clemson might not have a better shot at the win until fsu comes back in 2017. the staff needs to start holding serve against them.

I think you're correct about Braxton Miller being able to

Jan 5, 2015, 9:15 AM

transfer to a Div 1 skewl and play immediately, although there are rumors that he might go to other skewls (Oregon, Duke, etc).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

i hope he goes to duke so they can kick beamer again...***

Jan 5, 2015, 9:17 AM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he just graduated so he'll be free to

Jan 5, 2015, 9:20 AM [ in reply to I think you're correct about Braxton Miller being able to ]

go somewhere that has a grad program that osu doesn't offer should he choose to do so.

Jameis is all but gone

Jan 5, 2015, 9:41 AM [ in reply to quality football post and agree for the most. it's a boon ]

It's not official, but he's made it fairly clear he's declaring this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

link?***

Jan 5, 2015, 9:43 AM

Most links were a few months old, but then

Jan 6, 2015, 11:44 AM

I found this one that's saying "not so fast, my friend". They say it's still -likely-, but not as certain as it was before.

http://fansided.com/2015/01/05/report-jameis-winston-not-declaring-nfl-draft/

yeah, he's always "maintained" he is coming back. who knows?

Jan 6, 2015, 12:34 PM

i hope he does so clemson can tap dat #### in DV this year.

it'd be nice to take that mojo and maybe exact some payback for 2 years ago...heck, right some wrongs from 2014 as well.

but maybe that's just me?

Re: yeah, he's always "maintained" he is coming back. who knows?

Jan 6, 2015, 12:38 PM

I have a reserved high expectation for next year, we have talent that had practiced and red shirts that are supposed to be good on the D, I like our chances, on the o I expect the O line to be better and Watson healthier will more size on him, he is as dedicated as beasly and we saw how he swollened up!

Re: yeah, he's always "maintained" he is coming back. who knows?

Jan 6, 2015, 12:39 PM

All that being said the players have to pan out and we get an easier first game this year I think

mmhm, i think the 1st two will be helpful in getting their

Jan 6, 2015, 12:42 PM

legs under them.

can't wait.

me too, i'm hopeful the systems being in place for 4+ years

Jan 6, 2015, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: yeah, he's always "maintained" he is coming back. who knows? ]

will help offset some of the lack of prime time game snaps.

i think the talent is there. next man up.

You really seem concerned about the

Jan 5, 2015, 9:11 AM

"D"?

I think our toughest gane next year may be the juan at Louisville. Especially if we draw a Thursday night match-up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Louisville loses a lot so that's why I didn't bring

Jan 5, 2015, 9:13 AM

them up. But they could improve too, especially under petrino. I can't stand the guy but he is a decent coach.

I didn't look at who they were loosing to graduation, but if

Jan 5, 2015, 9:16 AM

Petrino is the coach they will be a tough out.

that juan is concerned about the "D" and if you know people,

Jan 5, 2015, 9:13 AM [ in reply to You really seem concerned about the ]

people that can help, anon's looking for work.

I would argue that FSU wasn't that good this year...so

Jan 5, 2015, 10:21 AM

they are not my biggest concern. I think our D will be good and continue to get better and better. We had some outstanding players who redshirted and will contribute.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah a playoff berth and undefeated regular season isn't

Jan 5, 2015, 10:27 AM

that good.....

Yeah, and they proved they deserved to be there, didn't they

Jan 5, 2015, 10:09 PM

Nm

Re: So How Should we feel about next year? Expectations?

Jan 5, 2015, 10:25 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

What on Earth makes you think that SCAR

Jan 5, 2015, 10:28 AM

will be improved? They dont have a QB. Their conditioning sucks out loud.
They lose a starting RB and one of their best receivers quit.

Their D will be much improved, they have a few good RBs

Jan 5, 2015, 10:29 AM

still and that WR didn't do much during his tenure.

I think their D will keep them in a lot more games next year.

Not to mention they weren't as bad as their record this year. just my .02

If healthy, we will be favored in every reg season game.

Jan 5, 2015, 10:31 AM

We can realistically go 13-0 and get into the playoff. We may not, but we are good enough to if DW is healthy.

Re: Their D will be much improved, they have a few good RBs

Jan 5, 2015, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Their D will be much improved, they have a few good RBs ]

Their D will be marginally improved. I've never seen a football team so reliant on an incoming class like SCar is right now. We could RS all of our incoming recruits and still have a top ten football team.

Your suggesting putting all freshmen on the field will suddenly make their defense elite. Simply not true.

Also, their QB situation is dire. Their defense will not be good enough to mask their problems on offense.

They'll be lucky to finish 7-5 again.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

they only lose 3 starters on D and most of their depth chart

Jan 5, 2015, 10:43 AM

saw a good bit of playing time. I expect to see a decent amount of improvement.

I also think the ol ball sack will have Connor Mitch ready next year. He'll also have a very good WR and a couple of good RBs to hand off to.

You sound like a Coot.

Jan 5, 2015, 10:45 AM

Are you a Coot?

Nope, wife is though.***

Jan 5, 2015, 10:47 AM

Re: You sound like a Coot.

Jan 5, 2015, 10:47 AM [ in reply to You sound like a Coot. ]

My sentiments exactly. You can just smell em.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your sentiments would be wrong....***

Jan 5, 2015, 10:48 AM

76clemson has never been wrong before...

Jan 5, 2015, 10:50 AM

I think he's on to something.

He's on something if thinks I'm a coot....***

Jan 5, 2015, 10:51 AM

even your picture looks like a coot

Jan 5, 2015, 10:21 PM

sounds like a coot...looks like a coot...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You burnt him, smell the scorching of the feathers?***

Jan 5, 2015, 10:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so they have the core of a crappy D coming back!*******

Jan 5, 2015, 10:14 PM [ in reply to they only lose 3 starters on D and most of their depth chart ]

Nm

Re: they only lose 3 starters on D and most of their depth chart

Jan 5, 2015, 11:37 PM [ in reply to they only lose 3 starters on D and most of their depth chart ]

Losing three starters off a crappy defense means the rest of the defense is still crappy. All those "good RBs" mustered what, 63 yards rushing against us? The rest of the $ec least is catching up to them, most have passed them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"much improved" !?!?!

Jan 5, 2015, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Their D will be much improved, they have a few good RBs ]

I'd love to hear your basis for that assessment. They may be better but to suggest they will be "much improved" would be quite a stretch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

If they are horrible they'll be much improved.

Jan 5, 2015, 10:18 PM

You axed for it. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2015, 11:19 PM [ in reply to Their D will be much improved, they have a few good RBs ]

Not as bad as their record? If Fla St. Is as good as their undefeated record then USuC is as bad as their 7-6 would seem. If their defense is any better then it will just be average ,not great. If Cooper can figure out how to hike the ball, throw the ball then catch the ball, their O might have an identity.

Jan 5, 2015, 11:33 PM [ in reply to Their D will be much improved, they have a few good RBs ]

Ill have to disagree with your analysis. The coots will be worse on offense and worse on defense. They still have the lame leadership they had this year. They are losing their QB, top RB, 3 WRs, starting TE and at least two OL, three if Shell departs. They also lose two DBs and their best DL in an already pourous defense. I see 4 wins, maybe 5. Losses to UGA, Florida, UT, Missouri, Kentucky and us makes 6, and I dont even know who they play in the West.

Coots are a dumpster fire. Any Tiger fan that can look at the crap team either is a coot in disguise or is drunk.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So How Should we feel about next year? Expectations?

Jan 5, 2015, 10:37 AM

We'll still be a top ten defense. Our secondary will be better and our LBs won't drop off at all. With the LBs filling gaps to defend the running game and they, coupled with the secondary, being well able to continue the no fly zone, coverage sacks will be abundant.

What's to say about our offense? Top ten all day long without DW killing himself running the read option. He runs QB draws and scrambles just often enough to keep LBs honest and safeties looking.

Don't let the naysayers on ESPiN fool you by talking Clemson down as they did last year.

+1 Kinda' how I hope to see it, especially the part about DW***

Jan 5, 2015, 11:12 AM

I want some of what you're having

Jan 6, 2015, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Re: So How Should we feel about next year? Expectations? ]

You don't lose Stephone Anthony, Grady Jarett, Vic Beasely, etc without some dropoff.

But that's OK. We'll stop be top 35 or so. I just think it's pretty unrealistic to expect a bunch of underclassmen to replicate what these grizzled, experienced seniors did. Some have more raw talent, but need some seasoning.

I'm less worried about the DL, but LB is going to be an area we're going to have to establish depth at in a hurry. I like Boulware, but he's not the athlete that Anthony is/was. Kellen is an unknown quantity, BJ has looked good at times bad at others, etc etc.

Not that I'm down on next year's defense, I just think we're going to take some lumps in the first six games. By the end of the year, I expect that we'll be a top 20 defense, even if the stats don't say it (because of what we gave up earlier in the year).

jamies isn't going pro...

Jan 6, 2015, 12:59 AM

We roll ND, GT at home. Carolina will be a blowout.

Louisville on the road or whoever they schedule after FSU could sneak up on us. FSU is our one and only obstacle next year with another #1 recruiting class and Jamies returning.

Our D will be crazy like a wildman and I think they'll be even quicker than before with the back end being super tight.

We need a dominant RB and some OL consistency and we will have some serious momentum that you won't be able to stop.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jameis shameis.

Jan 6, 2015, 12:41 PM

The only thing he every had that bothered me was that 6'5" WR who would got up to the Stratosphere and bring down the ball when Jameis would throw it straight up in the air.

Re: jamies isn't going pro...

Jan 6, 2015, 1:04 PM [ in reply to jamies isn't going pro... ]

I didn't think that we played Carolina next year.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic