Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
AOC is so nuts.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1,386

AOC is so nuts.

Mar 28, 2020, 7:26 AM

AOC believes illegal immigrants deserve coronavirus relief bill money. It will be interesting to see if she is reelected.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah ### is wrong with her?

Mar 28, 2020, 7:39 AM

Illegals aren’t people who deserve compassion during a global pandemic

Re: yeah ### is wrong with her?

Mar 28, 2020, 7:46 AM

Illegals denote they should be rightly back in their home country where relief should be provided. To fling the doors open and just hand out entitlements to anyone inside our borders just invites more illegals to come. Sorry if that offends you but we do need a very strong effort on the southern border, if we close military bases in foreign lands maybe the best idea is to station them along the southern border to limit and control the illegal flows.

Mar 28, 2020, 7:58 AM [ in reply to yeah ### is wrong with her? ]

They may deserve some compassion, but not taxpayer money. They are here illegally. It's the same everywhere in the world. Only idiots think we should pay illegals. We would likely be the only country in the world that would do something that stupid. It's not like we have a huge surplus of cash.

Mar 28, 2020, 12:35 PM [ in reply to yeah ### is wrong with her? ]

Nice troll.

The poor are the most vulnerable and they are the ones flooding hospitals like Beaumont in Detroit. I rode downtown and right before you get into Detroit, it’s a party. Open alcohol on streets, people dancing and partying, kids running around all over the place. They are the ones at risk. They do not understand the consequences, aren’t educated enough to understand the premise of the virus and not informed enough to know how much the elderly are at risk.

Plus you have 220 officers on quarantine and the State Troopers do not know the neighborhoods. It’s a freaking powder keg waiting to explode.

We need to help there people, not illegals. If an illegal is taking a hospital bed from a citizen, no matter their socioeconomic status, this is a huge problem and a tragedy that sits on both parties conscience

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It won't be hard to find them when they show up to...

Mar 28, 2020, 7:56 AM

claim their checks. I'm sure the line will be long.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It won't be hard to find them when they show up to...

Mar 28, 2020, 8:00 AM

Luckily it will never happen. As a liberal, I cringe when AOC spews such nonsense. Her words get charlatans like Trump elected. She hurts our cause.

Re: It won't be hard to find them when they show up to...

Mar 28, 2020, 10:18 AM

My point was that illegals keep their heads down and most probably wouldn't admit being illegal to any official for a few hundred bucks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean.... they do pay taxes....***

Mar 28, 2020, 9:35 AM

Only the companies that employ them are entitled to the $$$$***

Mar 28, 2020, 9:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Only the companies that employ them are entitled to the $$$$***

Mar 28, 2020, 10:09 AM

We aren't even giving every US citizen money. Unemployed homeless Americans will get nothing. Why would we pay for illegals ahead of them? The illegals should be the last thing on America's list of who to help.

I'm not advocating either way, just pointing out hypocrisy

of giving money to companies avoiding taxes in the US who knowingly employ illegal aliens but standing on a soap box to protest the worker as a sub human who deserves nothing and should grateful for it.

Re: I mean.... they do pay taxes....***

Mar 28, 2020, 10:06 AM [ in reply to I mean.... they do pay taxes....*** ]

Most work under the table and pay no taxes other than sales tax.

CBO estimates the number that pay income tax in addition

Mar 28, 2020, 10:08 AM

to sales and use taxes at between 50 and 75%

How can they pay income taxes with no SSN?***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they claim many many dependents to decrease tax liability

Mar 28, 2020, 11:09 AM

with a fake ss number

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How can they pay income taxes with no SSN?***

Mar 28, 2020, 12:13 PM [ in reply to How can they pay income taxes with no SSN?*** ]

Because they don't.

if on a payroll they do pay social security

Mar 28, 2020, 3:57 PM

but they can dependent their way way out of fed and state with holding

LOL!***

Mar 28, 2020, 5:38 PM

it's funny cause it's true***

Mar 28, 2020, 9:20 PM

That is false.***

Mar 28, 2020, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Re: How can they pay income taxes with no SSN?*** ]

$13 Billion to SS and $3 Billion to Medicare in 2016.

Mar 28, 2020, 10:47 AM [ in reply to CBO estimates the number that pay income tax in addition ]

I would imagine their contributions have gone up considerably in the 4 years since those number were compiled.

With stolen SSNs, which is also a crime***

Mar 28, 2020, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: I mean.... they do pay taxes....*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The IRS issues ITINs to illegal immigrants so they can pay

Mar 28, 2020, 11:10 AM

taxes. They don't get the benefits, but the government has no problem taking their money.

There are all sorts of intermediaries that find the workers for the companies as well.

How many have you had on your payroll?

Mar 28, 2020, 10:14 AM [ in reply to I mean.... they do pay taxes....*** ]

I had up to 40 at one time in a 2-1/2 yr project. We averaged 15-20 through the duration of that project. They all had I9s and claimed 10 dependents for tax purposes. Our government issues SS#'s to people who live in Mexico and never cross the border.

I doubt any one of them ever paid a dime in income tax.

Will companies NOT based in the US for tax purposes

Mar 28, 2020, 9:43 AM

still get relief money? Cruise lines, etc?

Re: Will companies NOT based in the US for tax purposes

Mar 28, 2020, 10:07 AM

That's an interesting debate. I would say let them fail. That's just my knee jerk reaction though.

Trump was asked that and suggested those companies...

Mar 28, 2020, 10:16 AM

might want to open offices here. I don't think he's going to make demands but he pretty much determines who gets that half a trillion in aid. Yes, I think Trump's business qualify for loans too if they meet the strict qualification laid our.

Trump isn't supposed to be in charge of aid determination...

Mar 28, 2020, 3:11 PM

which is why the relief bill was partly held up. He's trying to dismiss those protections (as well as transparency) for...reasons.

This is who we have as a President.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/27/us/trump-signing-statement-coronavirus.html

Mislaid logic.

Mar 28, 2020, 3:58 PM

If that had been the real reason the bill was halted then why is it still in the bill?

huh? It was halted in order to add it to the bill.

Mar 29, 2020, 12:22 AM

Trump thinks he can dismiss the additions and wants to do so for...reasons.

So a force field exists that blocks coronavirus transmission

Mar 28, 2020, 11:26 AM

from illegal immigrants to US citizens? This is big news! Finally a breakthrough! Enough sarcasm...

Seriously, providing coronavirus medical services for illegal immigrants is in our best interest. Not so much for economic relief.

Also migrant workers are essential to harvesting veggies & fruit. Just speculating on my part, but illegal immigrants may be dispersed in these migrant communities. I like veggies and fruit and allegedly they’re healthy. Maintaining our food supply is important and it starts with harvesting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So a force field exists that blocks coronavirus transmission

Mar 28, 2020, 12:19 PM

Well we have to give them medical for the virus now. We have no choice.. That's another reason to make sure they never are allowed here. Also, AOC is talking about paying them money. That part is the nutty part.

Re: AOC is so nuts.

Mar 28, 2020, 12:50 PM

Replies: 33
| visibility 1,386
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic