Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So 60% of the undefeated teams in FBS football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

So 60% of the undefeated teams in FBS football

Nov 17, 2015, 10:00 PM

Are currently uninvited to the playoffs?

Sounds legit...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So 60% of the undefeated teams in FBS football

Nov 17, 2015, 10:03 PM

It will always be a mythical national championship as long as ESPN and the rest of the media have so much influence. Alabama and ND are in only because they are Alabama and ND. Any rational person would have Iowa and Oklahoma State in there right now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

will be legit when every conference is represented by one team.***

Nov 17, 2015, 10:05 PM

Re: will be legit when every conference is represented by one team.***

Nov 17, 2015, 10:30 PM

I think the only way to truly settle it as I have said here in years past is to have a 16 team playoff like other levels of college football. There are 10 conferences in FBS. Give winners of each conference an automatic bid (just like in the NCAA basketball tourney). Then, choose 6 at large teams from the best of the rest. Then seed them based on power rankings and such. That way, say if Air Force wins the Mountain West they'd be in but most likely would get a low seed. Depending on power rankings an at-large from a Power 5 might get seeded higher than a champion from a lesser conference.

It's coming...down the road at some point...we have already broke the stranglehold of the stupid bowl system with the 4-team playoff so we are on our way to the 16 team playoff at some point.

Remember, the NCAA basketball tournament was at one time only 24 teams and has expanded to 64 (with a play-in game). I remember when it was only 32 teams back in the day when Maryland & NC State had the top two teams in the land and Maryland (a super team by any measure) got left out when they lost in overtime to NC State in the ACC Tournament. It was not long after that they expanded to 40, then 48, then 64.

It's gonna happen in football (expanding to 16) at some point!

id be ok with 16. id prefer 8, but

Nov 17, 2015, 10:38 PM

As you said, 10 conferences. Id also be ok with restricting the 6 at large to:
1. Team must either have its only loss to conference champion or be te with best reg season conference record.
2. Never more than two from a conference.

8 teams would be much better than 4.

Nov 18, 2015, 12:21 AM [ in reply to Re: will be legit when every conference is represented by one team.*** ]

16 would really extend the season. I doubt that will ever happen. I wouldn't mind it, though!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Playoff expansion will only happen if Armageddon comes,

Nov 18, 2015, 7:33 AM [ in reply to Re: will be legit when every conference is represented by one team.*** ]

meaning, the SEC got left out of the playoffs in the current system. Then, expansion would happen the very next year. Or, if Notre Dame wins out THIS year and is left out, the Catholics will start some serious bead clacking on their own to expand the playoffs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well you gotta remember, ND's only loss was to the LEGIT no. 1 team in the country.

Nov 17, 2015, 10:34 PM

Any team in America would be there with the same resume.

USC is somwhow ranked again, they won that. Beat a ranked Navy, Temple and Pitt.

Show me a better resume.

Bama has NO business in the top 4. They lost to a 3 loss squad, and half the stadium was empty in the 3rd Q. Score was much closer than the @ss railing they took that night.

Cool Story Brah***

Nov 18, 2015, 12:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic