Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Local Radio has a college referee on, but he doesn't seem
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,914

Local Radio has a college referee on, but he doesn't seem

Dec 8, 2015, 5:46 PM

to have a clue of what happened on the on sides kick. He knows the rules. He's talking about it, but he doesn't seem to have looked at the play, though he said he had. He said he did not see the obvious targeting on the kick, and he doesn't know that the 9 yard marks are clearly marked on the college field several yards outside of the numbers. He thought the top of the number was the 9 yard mark on a college field. He did say they have to be outside the numbers, though he didn't know if they actually were or not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Local Radio has a college referee on, but he doesn't seem

Dec 8, 2015, 5:54 PM

Penn Wagers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2015, 6:08 PM

Penn Wagers is now an ACC ref. He was an SEC ref for many years.
He enjoys attention too much to be a good ref.

Dec 8, 2015, 5:56 PM

So let me see if I have this right. They are interviewing a referee, who hasn't bothered to gather all the facts in order to make his case one way or the other. How could he have not seen the targeting call among the many things he should have done in order to be interviewed?

LOL. The targeting was obvious. the offsides was

Dec 8, 2015, 5:57 PM

Questionable but we didn't have a good view.

Oops. ...inside the numbers.***

Dec 8, 2015, 5:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is Shorty on the radio again?

Dec 8, 2015, 6:02 PM

Just kidding @sShorty

why a 9 yard mark?

Dec 8, 2015, 6:03 PM

i am a soccer guy and i am used to a 6 yard box and 18 and know that the numbers don't always make even numbers, but that is European metric stuff.

everything on a football field seems to be in round whole numbers, why would the position on the kickoffs and stuff be 9 yards?

Re: why a 9 yard mark?

Dec 8, 2015, 6:36 PM

The NCAA rule book stipulates that the top of the yardage numerals be nine yards from the sideline. If the field is not so marked, as in being shared with NFL, the "nine yard lines" are required.

it's in the rule book, which is great,

Dec 8, 2015, 8:52 PM

but why 9 yards there? everything else is even numbers, just curious as to if anyone knows why 9 yards.

goes back to the numbers

Dec 8, 2015, 9:53 PM

On a college field the inside of the numbers is nine yards from the sideline (http://www.sportsknowhow.com/football/field-dimensions/ncaa-football-field-dimensions.html).

In the NFL the outside of the numbers are 12yrds from the sidelines. Thus they put lines on the BOA turf. (http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2015-nfl-rulebook/)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,914
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic