Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
what was the explanation for pulling Byrd mid at bat Sun
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,783

what was the explanation for pulling Byrd mid at bat Sun

May 16, 2017, 11:31 AM

I was driving back from SC and didnt hear anymore after it happened

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what was the explanation for pulling Byrd mid at bat Sun

May 16, 2017, 11:34 AM

there was a lefty pitching. pretty sure they told him to get the bunt down on 1st strike or jackson would then come in. lewisville pitcher was nasty on leftys.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2017, 11:36 AM

thanks. just not something you see very often unless a guy hurts himself swinging or something.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2017, 11:46 AM

yeah, he was nasty on lefties. I was a little surprised he didn't let Weston try to bunt... thought for sure that's what he was doing. Oh well, just got to get er done this weekend.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2017, 11:54 AM

Not that it matters but I don't believe Byrds dad was happy about the move! Naturally the camera found him in the stands as he was being pulled from the game. It was an unusual move by the staff. It didn't work either!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2017, 1:53 PM

Hopefully, Monte will never, ever worry about how someone's dad responds to one of his decisions.

May 16, 2017, 2:28 PM

ML needs to be concerned as to how the fans are reacting to a 7 game losing streak in ACC games.
His players are playing tight--especially when up to bat. Rohlman and Beer have been virtually invisible as hitters. Beer left the lots of Tigers 'to rot on the bases' last weekend.

And pulling Byrd after missing a bunt on 1st pitch was not logical. And this team has not eaten candy under pressure in big games;they have choked under pressure. They cannot hold a lead nor can they get key hits to score runs. Very sad but they needed a dose of humility and they are getting it in an overdose measure.

I sense they have lost their confidence across the board.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After that pathetic attempt at a bunt .. he should sit for

May 16, 2017, 2:00 PM

a while ! That was sorry

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2017, 2:10 PM

I don't know why he pulled him but it is highly unusual. It also doesn't make sense to me you give him one pitch to try to bunt and then yank him. Monte's reputation is for having players play loose. Yanking a guy after one missed bunt attempt will tighten you up! I do wish this question would be asked of Monte.

May 16, 2017, 2:34 PM

What ever the reason it didn't make sense especially putting Wilson in there .
He has a hard enough time hitting with no count but to put him up there already in a hole ?

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,783
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic