Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If I were Dabo I would say go ahead and fine me and tell
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

If I were Dabo I would say go ahead and fine me and tell

Jan 4, 2014, 10:46 AM

everyone what he thinks about the refs trying to affect the game last night...Will a letter be sent off by Swofford or anyone from Clemson? I hope so.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what did they do that was so bad?

Jan 4, 2014, 10:49 AM

i didn't see any bad calls. all of the penalties were penalties. what they supposed to do? turn the other cheek?

You really should make an appointment with

Jan 4, 2014, 10:51 AM

an eye doctor HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: You really should make an appointment with

Jan 4, 2014, 10:53 AM

so tell me - what shouldn't have been called?

our coaches weren't in the coach's box and got warned, then flagged. thats on the "get back" guy, not the refs. I guess batson sucks at that job too.

the PI calls were legit. Battles hands to face was legit. All of the motion penalties were legit.

By rule, shuey's hit on miller was illegal for the follow through.

what call is wrong?

Shuey's hit? You're so full of it.

Jan 4, 2014, 10:55 AM

And, do you not think that OSU had 100+ yards of penalties, that weren't called?

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shuey's hit? You're so full of it.

Jan 4, 2014, 10:58 AM

no. i didn't see anything that should have been called. of course, you can call holding on every play on both teams, but they were actually cited for holding more than we were.

i thought it was well called. we declined a good bit of their penalties if you will remember.

Re: Shuey's hit? You're so full of it.

Jan 4, 2014, 10:59 AM

Re: You really should make an appointment with

Jan 4, 2014, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: You really should make an appointment with ]

Beasley's "throat slash" - wrong. The two sideline penalties - wrong - in fact they are so rare I can only think of seeing a couple in the last 30 years. Shuey's tackle was not driving Miller into the ground. Hands to the face is a judgement call and again 50% of what I saw called last night should have fallen into the category of letting them play ball.

I officiated high school for many years and normally defend officials but last night was amazingly bad.

THAT DOES IT! You're a fracking COOT! Get outta here.***

Jan 4, 2014, 10:54 AM [ in reply to what did they do that was so bad? ]

You know that's bluecaddy's scok?***

Jan 4, 2014, 10:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutly nothing...

Jan 4, 2014, 10:57 AM [ in reply to what did they do that was so bad? ]

unless you count ignoring the holding and blocking in the back in OSU's backfield on every play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Absolutly nothing...

Jan 4, 2014, 10:59 AM

sorry - i just don't buy into the conspiracy theory.

fact is, we were 3 TD better but almost found a way to lose. if we play better, none of those calls are even relevant.

Jan 4, 2014, 11:09 AM

Nice attempt at trolling, Exiled.

Jan 4, 2014, 11:18 AM

no troll here.

i thought the officials did a very good job. if we don't want 20 penalties called, then we shouldn't commit 20 infractions.

lets keep in mind that:

OSU just missed a long TD pass to their TE that WOULD have been called back for a formation penalty had they completed the pass. We declined the penalty.

OSU was cited for multiple infractions that we declined, thus not showing up in the stats, including blocks in the back, holding, and clipping. Those would add up quickly.

It wasn't a very pretty game. Too many penalties and mistakes on the field. The last 5 minutes was a comedy of errors and hard to watch as a football purist. I am just glad that it didn't come down to a FG to win, cause Catman was a headcase last night.

In the end - we got what we came for though and that is all that matters!

Well, that and the shot at SOS made it even a little sweeter.

Re: what did they do that was so bad?

Jan 4, 2014, 10:58 AM [ in reply to what did they do that was so bad? ]

You were on the wrong channel!! :)

Jan 4, 2014, 11:14 AM

What were the causes of the two sideline interference calls? Found it odd that neither were replayed or explained from the broadcast booth.

Jan 4, 2014, 11:14 AM [ in reply to what did they do that was so bad? ]

The biggest complaint I have is that the refs should be a nonfocal part of the game. With the number of calls and type of calls made against Clemson, in particular, they made themselves a focal point. The "throat slash" against Beasley was bunk. The hit called against Shuey was bunk. The hands to the face they called on Robinson in the secondary is a no call in my book. The call on the coaches being out of the "box" is a call that doesn't have to be made. And there were more that left me speechless that I just cannot think of at this point. You shouldn't leave a game with the first words spoken between fellow fans being about the refs.

it isn't that they didn't see something. but they should

Jan 4, 2014, 11:21 AM [ in reply to what did they do that was so bad? ]

have called it the same for both teams. remember Meyer wandering on the field to complain repeatedly as play was resuming? Remember the d'backs hanging on the receivers? They only called pass interference when we made the catch anyway, so the penalty was declined.

Beasley was held EVERY PLAY. refs were not balanced in their calling.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic