Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Funny to Watch The ESPIN Machine Starting to Overhump
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Funny to Watch The ESPIN Machine Starting to Overhump

Oct 7, 2016, 9:47 AM

Miami now that Loserville has failed them. If Miami beats FSU they will proclaim the Canes world beaters and start Uberhyping them as Clemson killers.

They really need new writers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They need a David AND Goliath

Oct 7, 2016, 9:49 AM

it's all marketing to keep people interested in their analysis. They overhype until the actual prediction time, then they go back to who is actually better.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just find it refreshing that they are even attempting to

Oct 7, 2016, 9:54 AM

push any ACC narrative. Though we are one of their products, I always felt as though ESPN used the ACC as a sacrificial lamb in an effort to prove they aren't biased against other teams and conferences where they don't hold primary broadcast contracts.

Maybe the creation of the new ACC network has them focusing some more on the conference that has the highest income areas, and potential viewership.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: I just find it refreshing that they are even attempting to

Oct 7, 2016, 10:01 AM

Not just a maybe it is directly linked to the network. TV network will start officially in 2 years. Need to make sure they have as many subscribers as possible when that date arrives. It works out nice that the ACC looks improved but the coverage we are getting is magnified by the future importance to ESPN.

null

they have always pumped Miami bc of media market size

Oct 7, 2016, 10:00 AM

no agenda other than chasing dollars

Re: they have always pumped Miami bc of media market size

Oct 7, 2016, 10:34 AM

I get that its a large market but Miami has never come off as a "sports town". They have some of the worst fans across all sports

The Ten's of fans that go to every home game will disagree

Oct 7, 2016, 11:36 AM

all those empty seats are cute

Fine by me, that's good for us

Oct 7, 2016, 10:11 AM

A rising ACC tide lifts all boats

Don't thank ESPiN... Blame Matthew.***

Oct 7, 2016, 10:22 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPiN endures stressful times.

Oct 7, 2016, 10:30 AM

Most of the higher paid talking heads have been moved to the SEC channel or just dismissed. The younger talkers (those with the smaller salaries) are now featured. The beat reporter (run of the mill trailer trash) are now moved into corporate offices.

It appears they've revamped their public relations department (spin machine) and have been commissioned to deem the ACC a worthy opponent to challenge super SEC's absolute football superiority. It probably has something to do with them having signed on with the ACC Network and the fact that placing the ACC last was forbidden by their Disney overlords, gotta keep Mickey and Minnie out of the anger zone so they can enjoy that wood sock.

If you think this is bad wait until basketball season starts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's all part of the plan. Disney is the world's greatest

Oct 7, 2016, 10:33 AM

marketing organization. Now that the ACCN is comeing the narrative has to include the ACC as well as the SEC.

Better Miami than another SEC team***

Oct 7, 2016, 11:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic