Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I just re-watched the ACCCG
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

I just re-watched the ACCCG

Dec 10, 2015, 1:17 PM

For the first time and one thing is clear. Except for our defensive issues at the end, we were the vastly superior team. If the defense can shut them down the onsides kick debacle would have never happened! We've got to knock teams out, the longer we allow them to hang around the greater the chance of some stupid play like the onsides/offsides call to happen! It's understandable, based on our defensive issues against inferior opponents, that some people believe Oklahoma will beat us. That said, I believe after 3+ weeks to rest and preparation we can handle anybody. Back to my observations of the ACCCG, WATSON IS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST! Gallman ain't bad either! Go Tigers, prove all of them wrong!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only 2 things we really need is better spcl teams

Dec 10, 2015, 1:24 PM

play

and the Knock out / Stand on their throats last 5 minutes. We need to learn to put them away, 3 scores etc at end so there is no hope for that crap

null

Re: the only 2 things we really need is better spcl teams

Dec 10, 2015, 1:27 PM

Yes, you are exactly right, special teams is an area of huge concern.

Dec 10, 2015, 1:34 PM

I think TJ Green getting ejected had a big part in UNC coming back on us. As you rewatched the game did you notice 23 getting beat a lot at the end?

Dec 10, 2015, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: the only 2 things we really need is better spcl teams ]

I would add penalties as well.

Dec 11, 2015, 8:18 AM [ in reply to the only 2 things we really need is better spcl teams ]

11 penalties for 80 yards & a turnover never helped anyone either. If you look at time of possession, we controlled the ball for 40 minutes to their 20. South Carolina was actually a much closer game on the stat sheet.

We gave Syracuse the knockout final 5 mins, 6

Dec 11, 2015, 8:20 AM [ in reply to the only 2 things we really need is better spcl teams ]

mins actually, and people still were complaining. Our O ran off the last 6 mins, ending the game in victory formation. I thoight it was phenomenonal, but people in here didn't like the final score.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

We outgained them 309-103 in the first half and late

Dec 10, 2015, 1:52 PM

in the 2nd half the yardage was like 600-300. We allowed them to hang around because of penalties and special teams issues (shocker), but we were clearly the better team. Without all of the mistakes that 19 point lead late third / early fourth could've easily been 26 or more. At that point they may have just quit too and never made the late comeback. It's amazing how mistakes can snowball, because it's entirely possible that we could've won that game something like 45-26 with no drama what so ever.

The last month we continually took teams right to the verge of their breaking points but never managed to land the finishing blow. Get up 28-3 or 35-10 on South Carolina and they probably give up, but instead we allowed quick scores to give them hope. Go up 21-0 after 3 drives on Cuse and they may have just packed it in and let us cruise.

Three games where we were just lacking one key stop or one key drive to to put the final nail in the coffin and couldn't do it.

Can't complain too much about Ws though - just need to hope the guys get rested and healed up and back on their A game for the playoff.

Yeah, we made a ton of mistakes and still won the game so

Dec 10, 2015, 2:06 PM

that says a lot. In past years, we don't win a game vs a good opponent with that many mistakes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you mean like LAST year at FSU? we won that game

Dec 10, 2015, 2:08 PM

but lost it on mistakes

all that matters in winning -- but we need to improve on spcl teams and the "coup de grâce".

null

Exactly! We found a way to lose that one!***

Dec 11, 2015, 8:10 AM

offense play calling not to lose instead of playing to WIN

Dec 10, 2015, 2:12 PM

over 9 minutes left and our offense goes into a shell. keep your foot on the pedal, man!

I thought our offense played well even after we slowed down

Dec 11, 2015, 8:13 AM

to run clock. The only problem we had was the great play by their DL that tipped and intercepted the pass and you just have to tip your cap on that one if it was really a catch. If we go down and score there, the game is over.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic