Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The fall of San Francisco
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 831

The fall of San Francisco

May 1, 2018, 9:56 AM

5 months ago: http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/12/01/sf-sanctuary-city-ed-lee/

Today: https://www.yahoo.com/news/tolerant-san-francisco-fed-dirty-smelly-streets-193935341.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

One of my top 5 cities in the world.***

May 1, 2018, 10:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m intrigued. What are the other four?***

May 1, 2018, 10:36 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Greer

May 1, 2018, 10:38 AM

Orangeburg

Edgefield

Bennetsville

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Do you even Chester?***

May 1, 2018, 10:56 AM

Only when I need a fix***

May 1, 2018, 11:01 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Greer

May 1, 2018, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Greer ]

It's Bennettsville, teacher. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tough to see the second T

May 1, 2018, 11:14 AM

when you're being shot at

Re: Tough to see the second T

May 1, 2018, 11:14 AM

True lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NYC, Paris, Chicago, Berlin, Amsterdam***

May 1, 2018, 11:58 AM [ in reply to One of my top 5 cities in the world.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so san fran is top 6***

May 1, 2018, 12:18 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess Chicago would have to be 6, but greatest

May 1, 2018, 12:25 PM

summer time city in the world.

Good stuff. I don’t know why but Chicago has never

May 1, 2018, 3:27 PM [ in reply to NYC, Paris, Chicago, Berlin, Amsterdam*** ]

resonated with me like it does with a lot of people. I like DC and Boston both more than Chicago. I have never been to Berlin.

null

Re: The fall of San Francisco

May 1, 2018, 11:11 AM

It is actually one of the more beautiful cities in the country, and like any has nice areas and not so nice areas.. Of course people who have never ventured out there believe that it is dirty and filthy, and that immigrants are fouling it up. It certainly suites the anti immigrant propaganda that has flourished under the trump admin. And as I proved to Xtiger last month, it has one of the lowest homeless populations per capita of any city in the US.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2018, 11:13 AM

and surprise surprise, Sincalir media owns the outlet that you just linked. So congrats on posting fake news.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KOVR

i mustve missed that post but

May 1, 2018, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: The fall of San Francisco ]

i dont care what the stats say. You can not walk around downtown and not run into a homeless person every 10 steps. They all have dogs, which mustve been some homeless reachout thingy by the city. Between them pooping and the dogs pooping, its smell pretty bad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

of course stats and facts do not matter to you.***

May 1, 2018, 11:18 AM

I mean you literally said San Fran has 10x the Homeless population of NYC when it was patently false. Now you are saying there are dogs every 10 feet in the city. I mean jesus, how many lies are you going to tell today?

stats can be manipulated to make it seem

May 1, 2018, 11:20 AM

what you want. I have seen with my eyes. I'm sure the outskirts of the city skew it maybe. But you literally can not walk around downtown and not run into bums constantly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: stats can be manipulated to make it seem

May 1, 2018, 11:21 AM

funny, walking around on google street view in downtown SF right now, there are no dogs or homeless people.

ok dude. you win. there is no homeless problem in SF lol***

May 1, 2018, 11:27 AM

oh and looky, I was correct lol

May 1, 2018, 11:28 AM

it was some outreach on the dogs in 2012

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/13/dogs-for-the-homeless_n_1594811.html

Re: oh and looky, I was correct lol

May 1, 2018, 12:01 PM

far less than any other city, but of course we are to believe this is because of immigrants.

May 1, 2018, 12:46 PM

Let's take another look at those stats.

I used your numbers, and googled the populations of the cities.

Here are those cities ranked in order of PERCENT HOMELESS:

1.1% DC
0.91% Boston
0.90% NYC
0.80% San Fran
0.55% Seattle/King County
0.54% LA City and County
0.39% San Jose and Santa Clara City and County
0.36% Phili
0.31% Las Vegas/Clark County
0.28% San Diego City and County

As you can see, DC, Boston, NYC, and SF have a much higher percentage of homeless than the other cities.

I don't know enough about the specifics to discuss causes, just putting the math out there.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

May 1, 2018, 12:52 PM

How about land size?

(I believe San Francisco is the smallest city on that list according to sq miles)

Re: of course stats and facts do not matter to you.***

May 1, 2018, 11:21 AM [ in reply to of course stats and facts do not matter to you.*** ]

He said "stats". You added the word "facts". Why?

all you need is google

May 1, 2018, 11:22 AM

i guess they dont read those "stats" either

https://www.google.com/search?q=san+francisco+homeless+problem&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS748US749&oq=san+francisco+homeless+problem&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.10135j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Re: of course stats and facts do not matter to you.***

May 1, 2018, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: of course stats and facts do not matter to you.*** ]

because facts do not matter to him either,like the fact that there are not homeless dogs every ten steps in downtown SF. All he cares about is trying to promote some BS narrative that their are a bunch of homeless immigrants with dogs fouling up the city, which is basically a big fat lie.

I walked a bunch through the Tenderloin district

May 1, 2018, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: The fall of San Francisco ]

going back and forth from my hotel to the convention center. Seemed like a popular place for the homeless and poop and hookers. I navigated it through it fine, but I can see how families would be freaked out by the conditions. Still a real cool city though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

May 1, 2018, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Re: The fall of San Francisco ]

When ms midland and I lived in CA, we would drive up to San Francisco every few weeks...great city...did all the touristy stuff...ran in the Bay to Breakers run...great restaurants and live music..would love to go back some day!

Fill your city with a 3rd world population and what do you get?

May 1, 2018, 1:58 PM

*sh!thole

Replies: 29
| visibility 831
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic