»
Topic: why it may not matter if Watson or Stoudt plays
Replies: 25   Last Post: Nov 23, 2014, 7:03 PM by: MackDaddy®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.


[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 25  

why it may not matter if Watson or Stoudt plays

[1]
Posted: Nov 23, 2014, 2:43 PM
 

Below are tajh boyd's stats vs Carolina

2013: 19/27 225yds 0 TDs 2 INT
2012: 11/24 183 yds 1 TDs 2 INT
2011: 11/29 83 yds 1 TDs 1 INT

Even though tajh was an amazing QB, the one thing he did not have all those years was a dominating defense. If we play to our strengths, (defense and gallman/dye) we should be able to pull this off. Remeber as bad as our offense has been this year, the shamecocks D has been all around awful. Currently rank 90th in total defense.


We win no matter who starts/plays.


Posted: Nov 23, 2014, 2:45 PM
 

The difference would be a BIGGER point margin if DW plays.


Re: why it may not matter if Watson or Stoudt plays

[1]
Posted: Nov 23, 2014, 2:46 PM
 

sorry but last year, we had the better team all around. Tajh is a great quarterback but unfortunately he choked under pressure. Last years loss is a lot due to him.

however I agree. the defense will be key.


They still had a few Ellis Johnson players

[1]
Posted: Nov 23, 2014, 2:48 PM
 

left on that defense last year.


Re: They still had a few Ellis Johnson players

[1]
Posted: Nov 23, 2014, 2:51 PM
 

I get that, but all around....we had the better team. The only advantage they had was their home field.

I felt good about our chances last year. Still couldn't get it done though.


Re: They still had a few Ellis Johnson players


Posted: Nov 23, 2014, 2:52 PM
 

Wait you had the better team? Pretty sure head to head and the polls at the end of the year said otherwise


Re: They still had a few Ellis Johnson players


Posted: Nov 23, 2014, 2:59 PM
 

Sorry, come again?
Where in my post do you see me say that we won the head-to-head?

Also, the fact that you beat us stands to reason that you'd be ranked higher at the end of the season. I understand that being too complicated for you, though...you being a coot and all.

I don't care what the rankings said at the end of the year or who won the game for that matter. We had the better team last year.

And this year, we do as well.
It's a matter of executing properly.
Now back to coot's corner you go...shoo...


Re: They still had a few Ellis Johnson players


Posted: Nov 23, 2014, 3:29 PM
 

> Sorry, come again?
> Where in my post do you see me say that we won the
> head-to-head?
>
> Also, the fact that you beat us stands to reason that
> you'd be ranked higher at the end of the season. I
> understand that being too complicated for you,
> though...you being a coot and all.
>
> I don't care what the rankings said at the end of the
> year or who won the game for that matter. We had the
> better team last year.
>
> And this year, we do as well.
> It's a matter of executing properly.
> Now back to coot's corner you go...shoo...

Really? We beat you you that's all that matters think those 5 to's were Just gifts? I am pretty sure the better team knows how to execute and force turnovers and not play sloppy and turn it over. Oh yeah and we had way more quality wins


Re: They still had a few Ellis Johnson players

[1]
Posted: Nov 23, 2014, 3:39 PM
 

Is your first name purple?

military_donation.jpg

Re: They still had a few Ellis Johnson players


Posted: Nov 23, 2014, 3:47 PM
 

What do turnovers all of the sudden not count? Maybe if you were a better football team last year you wouldnt have turned the ball over.


Re: They still had a few Ellis Johnson players

[1]
Posted: Nov 23, 2014, 3:53 PM
 

What does that have to do with your name being purple helmet?

military_donation.jpg

Re: They still had a few Ellis Johnson players


Posted: Nov 23, 2014, 5:05 PM
 

Your more quality wins were who might I ask?


Agreed. We were better. Choke job.***


Posted: Nov 23, 2014, 3:08 PM
 




We also had 5 turnovers! That's why we lost.***


Posted: Nov 23, 2014, 3:36 PM
 




6***

[1]
Posted: Nov 23, 2014, 3:46 PM
 




Re: why it may not matter if Watson or Stoudt plays


Posted: Nov 23, 2014, 4:42 PM
 

We did indeed have the better team last year. Even after the 4 fumble on our part we were tied. The next 2 is what put the nail in the coffin.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: why it may not matter if Watson or Stoudt plays


Posted: Nov 23, 2014, 5:28 PM
 

If Watson plays the defense will not have score 24 to win


Re: why it may not matter if Watson or Stoudt plays


Posted: Nov 23, 2014, 2:47 PM
 

I haven't looked it up. Are they actually ranked 90th?


link


Posted: Nov 23, 2014, 2:49 PM
 

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

u may notice we are #1 too


Re: link


Posted: Nov 23, 2014, 3:14 PM
 

Thank you for the link


Re: link


Posted: Nov 23, 2014, 4:39 PM
 

Right and UCF has the 2nd best defense in the Nation. Marshal is ranked 1st on offense in the nation. Padded stats in a weaker conference is not something to gloat about. You have to toss out all of the stats for this game and go with the better team that day.


Nice to see the Clemson D at #1.


Posted: Nov 23, 2014, 5:00 PM
 

But one thing I took away from that list was that Oregon Defense was ranked 93. Below even the USCjr D.

USC is on pace to score more points than any year under spurrier. They will put up a few TDs. So our offense has to probably score over 20 to win, and without DW that may be a stretch.

Although I do think that DW will play. And if that happens we will win handily.

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: why it may not matter if Watson or Stoudt plays


Posted: Nov 23, 2014, 3:11 PM
 

Main difference between D Watson has between them both is his ability to escape the pocket. Both Stoudt and Boyd can not escape pressure from talented defenses. Not saying South Carolina's defense is elite but that is his speciality.

2020 student level member

That's what I thought about GT


Posted: Nov 23, 2014, 3:12 PM
 

Also, Boyd played pretty well against SC last year. The two ints were pretty much in desperation time.

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Re: why it may not matter if Watson or Stoudt plays


Posted: Nov 23, 2014, 4:00 PM
 

1. You can count on them playing their best game against us.
2. Tajh playing poorly was a major reason for us losing those games.

I'm not sure what your point is. If Watson plays, the offense will be smooth and efficient. With Stoudt, it will not. Simple as that. I think we CAN win with either, but it will certainly matter who plays. I'd lower our chances if Stoudt plays.


That makes me real confident


Posted: Nov 23, 2014, 7:03 PM
 

considering how the offense performed the past five games....

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!


Replies: 25  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: SEASON TICKETS FOR 2021 Lower Deck Section T, row 18, seats 5 & 7, plus a parking pass. $1900

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
3416 people have read this post