Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
POINT COUNTERPOINT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

POINT COUNTERPOINT

Jun 28, 2014, 11:04 AM

Is this board reserved only for sunshine pumping or can there be discussion pro and con? We can only post make me feel real good items but then the board has no basis for fact. Just askin'.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lay some truth on us, big boy. how do you think the coots do this year?

Jun 28, 2014, 11:07 AM

jus askin'.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: lay some truth on us, big boy. how do you think the coots do this year?

Jun 28, 2014, 4:37 PM

Swimmer, I think the Gamecocks will have the best Spurrier team yet. The defense once again will be one of the best in the SEC. This year's offense has the #1 line in the conference, a proven QB,2 promising backups, Davis,Wilds, Williams(who may be the best) and Carson at running back. All over 215 lbs.Two big bruising fullbacks in the 250lb. range. Two all conference tight ends and very good receivers. And Pharoah Cooper to run the wildcat. Only game we might not be favored to win is Auburn on the plains. Most foecasters pick Carolina to win the East in the SEC.Hope this answers your question.

Jun 28, 2014, 4:40 PM

HTH

Somehow I figured he'd know ALL about the coots.***

Jun 28, 2014, 4:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Somehow I figured he'd know ALL about the coots.***

Jun 28, 2014, 5:29 PM

Yea and he's complaining about this board being for only the sunshine pumpers...he's sure pumping it for the coots...he seems like the delusional one after reading his last post

Jun 28, 2014, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Re: lay some truth on us, big boy. how do you think the coots do this year? ]

Manifold,

Do you really believe that SC's defense may be one of the best in the SEC? Please tell me that's joke, or maybe I just missed that there's going to be a lot of really bad defenses in the SEC this year. SC's is going to HORRIBLE on defense...that's right...HORRIBLE this year...Who's replacing Clowney-perhaps the best player in SC history- and the two other starters on your Dline? Plus who are your starting corners? Am I wrong, but didn't they both just graduate HS a couple weeks ago?

As for Thompson being "proven". Sure, the guy has started three games in his career. All wins..But, one was against perhaps the worst defense in Clemson history, another was against a Michigan defense that was also lousy. The third was against a pretty good Mizzu defense and he played horribly until Connor Shaw came in and bailed him out. Connor Shaw wont be there to do that now..Thats a HUGE loss...HUGE.

Best Oline in the SEC? According to who? Some guy from a preseason magazine that just looked at program and saw ya'll have a lot of returning starters, but likely never attended a practice this spring? Because Spurrier said so? Fact is your line was decent to good last year but nothing special. Sure, they'll be better due to another year together, but I don't see them being leaps and bounds better.

Great WR's ? They're average at best.

RBs? Yep yall got a really good one in Davis, but can he hold up a full season? So far he hasnt. The others are decent.

After its all said and done I see an 9-3, 8-4 season in your future. Auburn will destroy you, you'll lose a close one in the swamp and drop a game you shouldn't to UGA, UT or Mizzu. The kicker is Clemson. Thats a 50/50 game right now, but the vibe I feel at this point makes me lean toward Clemson. However, I'll wait till the season begins before I say one or the other with any conviction.

Jun 28, 2014, 9:13 PM

Orange fan, if what you say is true, why is Carolina in the pre season top 10 in just about every poll? Why does just about every forcaster pick the Gamecocks to win the east? Careful what you print. We will revisit the morning after the game in the Valley I promise you.

And just yesterday someone in the media picked Clemson to

Jun 28, 2014, 9:58 PM

Win it all. I guess that will happen too now that someone predicted it. Smh

Jun 28, 2014, 10:36 PM [ in reply to Re: lay some truth on us, big boy. how do you think the coots do this year? ]

Manafold,
The only value preseason mags have is that they make decent coasters for your coffee table. Most are put out by so called "experts" who have never attended a single practice and have seen no film on your team. They base their opinions solely on what you did last year and info that you could pretty much find in a game program. Bottom-line they mean nothing.

For example, take last year's Pre-season Top-Ten per ESPN. Only 4 teams in that top-ten finished the season in the final top-ten..That's right, FOUR...Bama, SC, Oregon & Clemson. Two teams didn't even finish in the top-25. On top of that, neither FSU or Auburn were in the top-ten and Auburn wasn't even in the TOP 25!!

If you're basing your expectations on pre-season polls and so called experts, then I hate to tell you, chances are you're going to be very disappointed.

Jun 28, 2014, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Re: lay some truth on us, big boy. how do you think the coots do this year? ]

BTW Manafold,
SC is picked to win the SEC East because the East may just be that bad.
Heck, even Mizzu can win a SEC East trophy.

Pumping the sunshine for yout Coots who will get their

Jun 28, 2014, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Re: lay some truth on us, big boy. how do you think the coots do this year? ]

hinds handed to them in the Valley this year.

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He said truth not your wildest dreams!***

Jun 28, 2014, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Re: lay some truth on us, big boy. how do you think the coots do this year? ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you tell em coot***

Jun 28, 2014, 11:11 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you tell em coot***

Jun 28, 2014, 12:27 PM

Did you ever think that it was because you are a dirtpecker? Why are you still here. Go back to fantasyland where you came from. By the way, 7 is larger than 5 !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Discussion is welcome. Half-a$$ed trolling isn't***

Jun 28, 2014, 12:46 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: POINT COUNTERPOINT

Jun 28, 2014, 12:52 PM

No, it's reserved for non-idiots. Idiots are not welcome, as I'm sure you're very well aware by now.

Be careful what you ask for

Jun 28, 2014, 4:11 PM

I'll send your honeycombazz home cryin' on a real smackboard..

-DNT

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

uh you already admitted that you weren't a tiger fan

Jun 28, 2014, 4:15 PM

#### off

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: uh you already admitted that you weren't a tiger fan

Jun 28, 2014, 4:23 PM

Stuck that chicken neck way out there , didn't ya little fella ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Tell 'em capon

Jun 28, 2014, 4:52 PM

biased and irrational, you are beneath coot

The problem with this is, you're an instigator...

Jun 28, 2014, 6:27 PM

You care nothing about having discussions at all. You don't hesitate to jump in on a thread that is pro Clemson and proceed to bash or make fun of them.

You're not interested in discussions yourself...your just a troll, posing as a contributing poster.

You are a coot sunshine pumper so . . .?

Jun 28, 2014, 7:49 PM

Who cares about your evaluation of us Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic