Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is why Clemson must join the Big 12!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

This is why Clemson must join the Big 12!

Jun 8, 2012, 10:08 PM

Please see the article below. LSU is announcing huge raises for it's coaches. How will Clemson ever compete for the best coaching talent if it can't pay their salaries? College football coach's salaries and facilities will only increase. To be competetive in the elite college football arena, you have to keep up. This happened in the mid to late 90's, the era where most Tiger fans want to forget.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To get away from blue caddy?***

Jun 8, 2012, 10:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is why Clemson must join the Big 12!

Jun 8, 2012, 10:26 PM

Clemson has one of the highest ,if not the highest pay scale for it's coaching staff in the ACC.Just because LSU is giving it's coaching staff a million dollars in raises means every other team ,including Clemson is now going to fall behind.
Add to that LSU is in the SEC,not the Big 12,and even if they were in the Big 12,that is not reason enough for Clemson to join a conference in which they have not been asked to join.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

clemson is currently paying its offensive coordinator

Jun 8, 2012, 10:26 PM

more than any other coordinator in the country. We're not going anywhere. God, I am so freaking sick of this discussion. Yes, I'm sure we're going to abandon the ACC so that we can go to a conference where we will never sniff a BCS bowl, because if you truly imagine that Clemson can play game in and game out against Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State, you are off your rocker.

Re: clemson is currently paying its offensive coordinator

Jun 8, 2012, 10:31 PM

Clemson doesn't have the highest paid coordinator.

Monte Kiffin is making like $1.5 million a year at Southern Cal.

and none of Clemson's asst coaches/coordinators

Jun 8, 2012, 11:03 PM

have been arrested for pissin' on MainSt in Greenville.....and come perilously close to being labelled a "sex offender"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My question to this argument has yet to be answered, maybe

Jun 8, 2012, 11:00 PM [ in reply to clemson is currently paying its offensive coordinator ]

you can help me. Some say we should stay in the ACC b/c it is an easier path, we could never compete in the BigXII, blah, blah, blah. If you expect not to be able to compete with Texas, Oklahoma, TCU, or whoever then how do we magically beat them for the NC? Some also say that winning the ACC is no big deal b/c it's a weak conference, hence the easier path. People on here bash Dabo b/c we don't have a physical team, but yet, after winning a weak ACC conference title, we are just supposed to man up and play with the big boys for all the marbles? I don't see how this makes sense, maybe someone can enlighten me.

Because its happened before many times...***

Jun 8, 2012, 11:09 PM

So we don't stand a chance in the regular season, but come

Jun 8, 2012, 11:21 PM

playoff time, BCS bowl time, or Superwhatever Bowl time we're good to go? How'd winning the weak ACC title last year work out for us in our BCS bowl against the champion from a weaker conference? I guess we should have play Okie St. instead.

We weren't ready yet...it'll come

Jun 8, 2012, 11:27 PM

FSU will take it all this year.

It WAS neck to neck until ...

Jun 8, 2012, 11:29 PM [ in reply to So we don't stand a chance in the regular season, but come ]

we were on the goal line ... then a fumble ... the other team got the ball and ran it back ALL THE WAY!!!! horror of horrors!!! Then it looked like the our team just kinda' gave up.....

Thats the bad thing about these Bowl games ... THEY MEAN NOTHING!!!!

That is why the push for a playoff ... and not a 4 team playoff ... 8 team playoff at least ... so the Lads know they are playing in something meaningful

Lastly, I hate the whole ranking thing, the computer, the "ESPN experts"... its an American Idol like popularity contest, not a true competition. You know money is greasing some palms so certain "opinions" are stated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And then we gave them the ball on the next two plays

Jun 9, 2012, 2:10 PM

21 point gift in the span of what seemed like 2 minutes. We are better than that. Or better be.

Exactly!!!! This has been my question as well?!!....

Jun 9, 2012, 8:16 AM [ in reply to My question to this argument has yet to be answered, maybe ]

Noone seems to have a real answer! I feel like I presenting a valid argument and the only response I am getting is; Just because?

You people just don't get it......

Jun 8, 2012, 10:42 PM

this is just the beginning, these major conference schools are going to be getting anywhere from 7-10 million more dollars a year than we are. What payscale our coordinators are on right now is irrelevant, because any one of those schools can offer them more if they decide they want them.

For all those that say we can't compete in the Big12 as a reason we shouldn't go, really?! You are right we couldn't compete right now, however if those schools continue to play each other and bring in more money than us we will never be able to compete with them. Fear is no reason to stay in the ACC. MAN UP!!!

Put on your big boy pants grow a pair and say we want to play real football and lets go.

Here is a good analogy you live in a neighborhood, you and your neighbor both live in $200,000 houses. Your neighbor gets a 50% raise, now he may chose to stay in his house for now, but as soon as a nicer house comes along that he really likes, he can afford to buy it. You on the other hand are still stuck in your house because its the most house you can afford.

Re: You people just don't get it......

Jun 8, 2012, 11:11 PM

Maybe you don't get it?

Maybe I don't, but considering the depth of ................

Jun 9, 2012, 8:13 AM

our 2 arguments I would say mine has more merrit.

Not when you're justing making up $$ figures

Jun 9, 2012, 8:19 AM

to support your argument. The BOT will look at the REAL numbers and the REAL travel costs and make the BEST decision for Clemson.

A few clowns on the internet with made up numbers will not.

Not making up, just speculating....

Jun 9, 2012, 8:26 AM

since the new SEC tv deal hasn't been written yet, thats all we can do is speculate. However, considering current trends it is probably a pretty accurate guess.

To call someone a clown just because you don't agree with them is a bit childish, which tells me the possibility of us having an educated conversation about this is slim to none.

And just the othet day when presented with REAL $ figures

Jun 9, 2012, 8:45 AM

all the conference ENVY crowd was attacking the OP because they didn't like the real numbers.Yes you are a clown so that took away away chance of a real conversation about the issues. Just like you getting your little feelings hurt because it was pointed out you were using made up fabricated $$ amounts to prove your point.

The BOT will use the real $$ amounts and the travel costs to make their decision. I trust they will do the best for Clemson. I put far more trust in people whose job it is to use FACTS and do the Best for the university than someone that has to make up numbers to prove their point. .

Their are NO REAL FIGURES!!!!!...........

Jun 9, 2012, 8:50 AM

The issue is based on what the difference is GOING to be when the SEC deal is renegotiated. Until that happens its ALL speculation on what the gap is going to be.

So if your ignorance is enough to satisfy you argument then by all means carry on.

Trust me, my feelings aren't going to be hurt over a petty discussion with some wannabe internet smart###!

Why is everyone so mad here?

Jun 9, 2012, 8:57 AM [ in reply to And just the othet day when presented with REAL $ figures ]

Trashing each other? There are two opinions.....join BigXii or not. Both have merit both have negatives. The folks in charge will figure it out.

Agreed, Not mad just don't appreciate name calling.....

Jun 9, 2012, 9:51 AM

I was fine having a point, counter-point discussion until I was called a clown for having a differing point of view.

We have the highest paid coord in football

Jun 8, 2012, 10:48 PM

I'd say we're ok

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed***

Jun 8, 2012, 11:11 PM

The ACC has MUCH more prestige.... HOWEVER....

Jun 8, 2012, 11:14 PM

IF the SEC were to invite, I would take a good hard look (read the fine print). B-12 overall is a collection of unremarkable Schools in the Country's dust bowl, didn't they lose a few schools last year because????? given up for dead last year because??? .... University Of Texas (a very good school) is the B-12 UNC/Duke, so they say.......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed.***

Jun 8, 2012, 11:25 PM

Re: The ACC has MUCH more prestige.... HOWEVER....

Jun 9, 2012, 11:27 AM [ in reply to The ACC has MUCH more prestige.... HOWEVER.... ]

but according to usuc fans, uga and the whole sec west are the sec's "tobacco road" and the big12's texas' all rolled up into one.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think if we have soild coaches, & a solid roster we can

Jun 8, 2012, 11:41 PM

do the same thing. Seems that some of the highest paid coaches are sometimes just a waste of money.

one of the reasons along with many more***

Jun 9, 2012, 8:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, Clemson pays good now, but can it be sustained?

Jun 9, 2012, 9:57 AM

today's top salaries will become tomorrow's standard. Clemson is operating much tigher than SEC schools. they can't afford to make any mistakes, or let the revenues drop. worst situation could be have well paid coaches w/ solid contracts that aren't getting it done, but Clemson can't afford to make a change.

Ding, ding, ding!!!^^^***

Jun 9, 2012, 10:16 AM

bingo...today's facilities need improving tomorrow

Jun 9, 2012, 10:22 AM [ in reply to yes, Clemson pays good now, but can it be sustained? ]

today's top salaries are tomorrow's standard...but the real issue is the forbes article and how Swofford is protecting his NC buddies with side deals.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic