Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why was Dabo blessing out #23 Van Smith after Muse's TD
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Why was Dabo blessing out #23 Van Smith after Muse's TD

Oct 25, 2017, 11:43 PM

during the last game? Did it happen to do with the negated block in the back call or another play I missed, or did Dabo originally think he was the cause of the unsportsmanlike penalty? Just curious.

@ 50:15 https://youtu.be/i544afUT-A8?t=50m15s

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was at Muse, not Smith.

Oct 25, 2017, 11:58 PM

Funny camera angle.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right. When I saw it live, I couldn't figure out why

Oct 26, 2017, 5:34 PM

Dabo was laying into Smith, who had been celebrating but not in a questionable way, and who looked completely unfazed by Dabo's yelling.

"blessing out"?***

Oct 26, 2017, 1:04 AM

Re: "blessing out"?***

Oct 26, 2017, 9:19 AM

"blessing out" back in the day had nothing to do with a blessing.
It meant a "cussing out".

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why was Dabo blessing out #23 Van Smith after Muse's TD

Oct 26, 2017, 5:51 AM

I also think he was yelling at Muse. With the camera so far away, it skews the depth perception. Dabo was yelling past Van Smith at Tanner Muse. Also after watching it again, I don't believe those who were saying is was some kind of "drinking the football" move. It was clearly a throat slash and he deserved all of Dabo's ire.

He was taking a drink and wiping his mouth

Oct 26, 2017, 7:25 AM

It was stupid whichever way you look at it. You saying “clearly it was a throat slash” is like saying “clearly the sky is green”. You’ll argue for the sake of arguing, but you’re wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He was taking a drink and wiping his mouth

Oct 26, 2017, 7:45 AM

Sorry - but he's NOT wrong. Muse did the throat slash, which gets a penalty (15 yds) EVERY time. No questions asked. Never, ever do that unless you want to penalize your team. Dabo was extremely upset at Tanner Muse as he should be. How freaking dumb was that move???

Just re-watch the play, and even the announcers clearly stated that there was an obvious throat slash. DUMB.

Re: He was taking a drink and wiping his mouth

Oct 26, 2017, 7:51 AM

It was not a throat slash. he did a Stone Cold Steve Austin impersonation. Wiping the beer with the full arm.

It was stupid and still deserved a penalty but it was NOT a throat slash.

Much like Vic in the OB a few years ago. His superman was little off and the refs saw a penalty. Its on the player not the refs. Don't do stupid c rap and youll leave no doubt.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

It doesn't really matter. Anything that looks remotely

Oct 26, 2017, 8:04 AM

close to a throat slash is going to get flagged as a throat slash so it's just retarded to even do it to begin with. I love Muse's athleticism but he does some boneheaded stuff out on the field.

No it definitely was a THROAT SLASH!

Oct 26, 2017, 8:30 AM [ in reply to He was taking a drink and wiping his mouth ]

He might have trying to be cute, making his elbow look like a face wipe, but his hand goes across his throat fingers extended! I know what A throat slash looks like, I've played with guys who did them and "skull and crossboning" hits back when that was legal. I saw it immediately and yelled "NO! that's automatic fifteen!" and my wife wondered what I was yelling about until they showed the replay.

Re: No it definitely was a THROAT SLASH!

Oct 26, 2017, 11:05 AM

No it definitely wasn't a THROAT SLASH, I can use all caps too. But it still doesn't make that a throat slash. If you watch the whole thing he drinks the football and then whips his mouth. I think the celebration after a touchdown penalty is dumb anyway. People are to sensitive to let young men celebrate a touchdown the way they want. For instance, it's an unsportsmanlike penalty to salute after scoring a touchdown. That is completely outrageous.

No it definitely was a THROAT SLASH!

Oct 26, 2017, 12:25 PM

It was most definitely a throat slash by definition. Do you even know what constitutes a throat slash? Or have you watched the video? It's available at https://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2017/10/16/16480190/moments-of-the-game-clemson-tigers-at-syracuse-orange-football-acc.
I seriously doubt the referee even knew what he was doing "drinking the ball"(I didn't) and had he left it at that, with his hands up in the area of his facemask with his elbow, I doubt anything would have been called because it wasn't really noticeable, but his FINGERS are straight out and run below his chinstrap in the neck area in a crossing motion across his throat. It literally is the perfect fit for the definition of a throat slash.PS I use caps when I am arguing with people who appear not to know their facts.

Re: No it definitely was a THROAT SLASH!

Oct 27, 2017, 2:00 PM

Well we can agree to disagree, cause it wasn't a throat slash. And it's still silly that people get so offended by a teenager celebrating a touchdown.

he used his are to the elbow, it was a Stone Cold***

Oct 27, 2017, 3:22 PM [ in reply to No it definitely was a THROAT SLASH! ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: he used his are to the elbow, it was a Stone Cold***

Oct 27, 2017, 3:44 PM

Don't even know what a "Stone Cold" is and the referee probably doesn't either, but we both know what a "throat slash" is and that is what the referee called. I don't what excuse he tried to use or you are trying to use, it was a throat slash,straight fingers drawn across his throat, nobody cared where his elbows were.

If you don't know what a Stone Cold is, then why are you

Oct 27, 2017, 3:53 PM

arguing that it wasn't what he was doing? Clearly he wasn't trying to slash a throat with his elbow

Once again slowly...

Oct 27, 2017, 4:56 PM

Don't know what a "Stone Cold" is! Do know what a throat slash is. It is extended fingers drawn across the neck in a cutting fashion!!!!!!! It has nothing to do with the elbow, it has to do with the fingers extended crossing the throat in a SLASHING motion which is exactly what Muse did and the referee called! Watch the video.

I watched the video, that's how I know it wasn't a throat

Oct 27, 2017, 6:35 PM

slash, but in fact a Stone Cold Beer chug

Re: Once again slowly...

Oct 27, 2017, 9:11 PM [ in reply to Once again slowly... ]

Grow up dude, you are arguing about a TEENAGERS touchdown celebration. (See what I did there?) I put it in capitol letters so you could understand what I'm saying like you do to everyone on this website. The "throat slash" is your opinion. Doesn't make it right and doesn't make it wrong just like our opinion. Have a great night walrus.

Re: he used his are to the elbow, it was a Stone Cold***

Oct 27, 2017, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: he used his are to the elbow, it was a Stone Cold*** ]

I thought a throat slash was with closed fingers and your thumb extended?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no it wasn't***

Oct 27, 2017, 3:21 PM [ in reply to No it definitely was a THROAT SLASH! ]

it was not a throat slash, clearly he was wiping his mouth***

Oct 27, 2017, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Why was Dabo blessing out #23 Van Smith after Muse's TD ]

Check out 49:25 to 49:28

Oct 26, 2017, 9:33 AM

Looks like he's explaining to someone on the sideline what he did. Does it look like he's saying, "Throat slash" or "Drinking and wiping off my mouth with my forearm"?

Seems pretty obvious that he intended to...

Oct 26, 2017, 7:43 PM

..."wipe his mouth" with his forearm but the end result was a throat slash. That's what he ending up doing, with fingers extended and going across his throat, meaning to or not. He earned the penalty.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Why was Dabo blessing out #23 Van Smith after Muse's TD

Oct 27, 2017, 2:16 PM

Muse gets too excited. With his takling angles, biting on playfakes, celebrations, headhunter mentality (i.e. hitting runners late OD). He's got to learn to play more controlled, and he'll be a great one

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic