Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
best player in cfb
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1,639

best player in cfb

Aug 13, 2016, 10:56 AM

saw a clip from espn were two idiots were saying fournette was better than Watson. I don't understand how you can say that. The only common ground between the two is that we both played a couple of the same teams. One of those being Alabama who completely shut down fournette. Somebody remind me did they shut down Watson? Oh yea that's right Watson destroyed them in the air and on the ground. The dude had over 5 thousand yards last year something no one has ever done. I just don't get people. Not to mention Watson is a stellar person off the field. Unfortunately I don't see the Heisman voters giving it to Watson even though he is clearly the winner imo. Only other guy that comes close is the kid from Stanford but he can't put his team on his back and pull em to the finish line as well as Watson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watson or McCaffrey

Aug 13, 2016, 11:00 AM

Agree with you. Both are multi-dimensional record breakers. Christian's stats are every bit as or more impressive than DW's.

Christian had 2,000 yards rushing from scrimmage alone (not to mention return yards and receiving). He is carrying Stanford's offense as well.

Both are deserving.

LSU's back is good but these other two are somewhat transcendent.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watson or McCaffrey

Aug 13, 2016, 11:02 AM

Not apples to apples but...

Vs Bama

1. 19 rushes for 31 yrds and 1 td

2. 478 total yards and 4tds

So, yea. I disagree with Fournette being better

Re: Watson or McCaffrey

Aug 13, 2016, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Watson or McCaffrey ]

Difference i see is if you put watson in for mcaffrey on the games stanford lost last year he would get the win. You put mcaffrey in for watson against alabama and we still lose. But i could stomach watson losing the heisman to him. Just not fournette

Re: best player in cfb

Aug 13, 2016, 11:03 AM

Fournette might be a better slap boxer but he's not a more-dynamic football player than Watson or McCaffrey. I truly believe the race is between those two.

Aug 13, 2016, 11:26 AM

DW would slap him all around the lot

Aug 13, 2016, 11:31 AM

Lol. It's like you're trying harder to be a #### today than usual. Fournette floats around 238lbs at 10% bodyfat. That wouldn't go well for DW at all. Come on man.

Aug 13, 2016, 11:35 AM

Nah id say the beard gang would pop out of the bushes and wreak havok. No way maclain lets him anywhere near watson. :)

Aug 13, 2016, 12:05 PM

You do realize Mac Lain graduated, right?

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Aug 13, 2016, 6:36 PM

Yea but wasnt he still going to be working with the school in some capacity? Either way hes still a tiger and he loves him some #4 so hes got his back still

Aug 13, 2016, 11:18 AM

I think it is pretty simple. It all comes down to Oct 29th. If Watson has a big game and we beat FSU it is his. If we don't beat FSU and LSU beats Bama and Fournette has a big game, it is his. It is all about marquee games. Last year Watson's numbers against ND and FSU were not spectacular. Henry has huge stats in his big games (210 vs LSU). Fournette was the favorite till Bama shut him down in LSUs marquee game. Our playoff hopes and Watson's Heisman comes down to our 1 marquee game on OCT 29th. Easy as that.

Aug 13, 2016, 11:22 AM

Yea but henry only had big numbers because he had a million carries. Honestly if u watch him closely he isnt that good. Hes kinda sluggish and lazy at times. But really its like everything else its politics.

Fournette is really darn good, but he's still a RB.

Aug 13, 2016, 11:56 AM

Even great RBs rely heavily on their OL and they just don't have the same ability to single-handedly change a game like a QB. Look what Watson was able to do against the Bama D. Fournette got stoned all night long by the same defense because his OL was getting mauled in front of him.

QB affects every single play, so Watson is

Aug 13, 2016, 11:58 AM

The more dynamic, dominant player in CFB. Fournette is great, if he was behind Watson or a great QB at LSU he would completely decimate any D. Gallman is a huge talent and has the all time record at Clemson for single season rushing yards, but I think he is a product of the attention paid to the greatest QB ever and a great offensive scheme that keeps the D off balance.

McCaffrey is crazy good, Stanford is a contender simply because of him. IMO it's Watson and McCaffrey for the Heisman trophy like it should have been last year.

I've already forgot the name of the Bama RB, if you or I carried the ball 45 #### times per game, broke 1 play for 40 yards, then we would have 100, 200 yards in a game.
Saban is the RB career ender!!!

Aug 13, 2016, 12:30 PM

I agree that Watson is the best player in CFB right now.
The 5k total yards last season was a first but not too many players have played 15 games in a season.
If he can repeat the same production this season he will go down as one of the best ever.

Aug 13, 2016, 9:37 PM

I'm not even sure Fournette is the best RB in CFB , much less the best overall .
Let's see where Dalvin Cook , Nick Chubb and McCaffrey are in all that RB talent before we anoint Leonard Fournette as the best around .
Watson is on a different level .

His own , to specify .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 13, 2016, 9:49 PM

They just need an sec player to point to, they're interchangeable really.

I forgot the Bama rb's name too until it was mentioned!

Don't they have a graveyard in the NFL where former Bama backs go to die?

Fournette is not even the best RB

Aug 13, 2016, 9:47 PM

I would give that to Cook.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1,639
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic