Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
any you guys remember when the Gamecocks...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

any you guys remember when the Gamecocks...

Dec 5, 2012, 1:36 PM

Used to beat once every 3 or 4 years?

good times

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: any you guys remember when the Gamecocks...

Dec 5, 2012, 1:37 PM

no, I'm not THAT old. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tmml***

Dec 5, 2012, 1:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I definitley remember when we were Carolina's biggest game

Dec 5, 2012, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: any you guys remember when the Gamecocks... ]

of the year, their one chance in their fan's eyes to redeem another mediocre to horrible season. We were their Super Bowl. I don't believe its like that anymore.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I definitley remember when we were Carolina's biggest game

Dec 5, 2012, 1:42 PM

truthfully I used to love the years when we denied them a bowl. sadly but for an inept ACC they could do that to us one day

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I definitley remember when we were Carolina's biggest game

Dec 5, 2012, 1:59 PM [ in reply to I definitley remember when we were Carolina's biggest game ]

...duh...another Clemson grad post....you can always tell...

Dec 5, 2012, 1:40 PM

Yeah...those days are back again...

Dec 5, 2012, 1:40 PM

What did they beat?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Yawn

Dec 5, 2012, 1:47 PM

Me thinks thou doth complaineth about Sakerlina loss too much.

Re: Yawn***

Dec 5, 2012, 1:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

me too stomp, hopefully dabo figures out how 2 shut franc up

Dec 5, 2012, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Yawn ]

soon and one for the thumb tees don't become the next great scar walmart buy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not loss...

Dec 5, 2012, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Yawn ]

Four straight losses

Dec 5, 2012, 1:51 PM

> Used to beat once every 3 or 4 years?
>
> good times

Go play in rush hour traffic on I 85.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

these replies remind me much of...

Dec 5, 2012, 1:58 PM

The second half play calling.

Dec 5, 2012, 1:58 PM

...ahhhh...DISTANT memories are about all you have left....certainly there's no self respect left...lol...lol....

we still got Dabo...

Dec 5, 2012, 2:03 PM

He doesn't seem to care

he's not gonna tell us either way***

Dec 5, 2012, 2:06 PM

Dec 5, 2012, 2:32 PM

Seriously your whining about South Carolina gets old. If you were born in 1968 then you have seen more than your fair share of victories. We get it, you hate Dabo and don't think he should be a head coach anywhere, much less at Clemson. But posting 100 times a day on Tigernet isn't going to change that. Again assuming you were born in '68 you had never even seen South Carolina win back to back games. Instead of losing your mind about the current skid have you stopped to wrap your head around how incredible that was. They want to deflect us away from history because it reflects so poorly on them - so why give in and let them. Seriously, let it sink in - 40 years for them to get a repeat win and we had to fire a coach who was undefeated against their head coach to open that window (whether Tommy could have won any these last four years is another matter - but the damage to the 2009 recruiting class is one of the biggest problems we've had to overcome). And it's not just ancient history. We're 5-5 over last ten years and haven't lost a decade to South Carolina since the 1960s.

The only reason to be concerned about the 4 game skid is if, as the Coots contend, it is some irreversible trend. That's what they'd have us believe. And having Clemson fans like you echo that sentiment only emboldens them. But here is why history is important. It doesn't soothe the disappointment in this, or the last 4 years. But it sure as hell does tell us what the likely long term outcome would be. It's widely pointed out that SC had only accomplished this feat once before in 1951-1954. But what is seldom mentioned is that we actually went 0-5-1 from 1949-1954. It was seven long years before Clemson fans got to enjoy a victory over their arch-rivals. So Clemson must have acted in anger and desperation and made a coaching change that forever altered the series right? No, we stuck with Frank Howard who was ultimately in what would become the middle of his tenure at Clemson. Clemson will inevitably move back ahead of South Carolina because Clemson is simply better than South Carolina. 100 years of history, not just in football, but in sports and academics prove this. Clemson students have better grades and test scores, Clemson grads make more money, there are more former Clemson athletes playing professional sports. In every measurable way, Clemson is better. We have a winning record against them in their own facilities for Gods sake in 2 of the 3 major sports. This is a bump in the road. As long as Spurrier remains their coach and their program has continuity they will be a challenge (which doesn't mean I don't expect to see us win before he leaves) - after that it will business as usual.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic