Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
announcers for Sugar Bowl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

announcers for Sugar Bowl

Dec 29, 2017, 10:35 AM

I see where Clemson game gets 2nd string announcers for the Sugar Bowl

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: announcers for Sugar Bowl

Dec 29, 2017, 10:37 AM

Because Herbie will ALWAYS call the Rose. He's in love with the place. Doesn't matter anyway. Blackledge is the most fair and knowledgeable announcer they have.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2017, 12:24 PM

I VOTE:
BETH MOWINS
Reasons:
1. If the game goes bad for the Tigers, I will be able to focus my anger on the worst announcer in football.
2. If the game goes great for the Tigers, I will be able to laugh hysterically as the worst announcer in football continues hours of trying to impersonate Harry Caray.

Seriously...is her fake announcer voice the most obnoxious voice on the PLANET?

Dec 29, 2017, 10:40 AM

I’ve always liked Todd Blackledge doing color. However, Joe T is a bit irritating to listen to, but Fowler isn’t much better so maybe it’s a push.

Tessitore is all Alabama. Always has, always

Dec 29, 2017, 10:43 AM

will be.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will make it so much more enjoyable when we beat Bama***

Dec 29, 2017, 10:47 AM

Dec 29, 2017, 10:43 AM

If it's not Jim Phillips, they suck and are biased against us.

I'd rather just turn down the volume, adjust my rabbit ears and watch a soundless game on my technicolor console television.

It helps me concentrate better on what our coaches and players are doing wrong anyway so I can immediately jump to conclusions 3 minutes into the 1st quarter and post it quickly on the bored.

Also, ESPN hates us and does this on purpose.

Signed,

TigerNet

Message was edited by: CtLiEgMeSrOsN®

Finally a person who gets it. Mute the TV, find the game

Dec 29, 2017, 12:18 PM

and close caption the radio....

unless they come out in chrome....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I like Herbie, Blackledge is phenomenal

Dec 29, 2017, 10:45 AM

The others I can take or leave. Would love Musberger and Blackeldege together doing commentary with a Keith Jackson as the play caller.... NOW THAT WOULD BE FANTASTIC!

Re: While I like Herbie, Blackledge is phenomenal

Dec 29, 2017, 11:25 AM

Todd B knows the game and always calls it as he sees it and never is biased in any way. You have to put all of this in it's proper place. Clemson has not and is not the media darling like bammer, georgia, the okies, the buck nuts, and the list goes on and on. We are not supposed to be here, we do not belong, last year and the year before were flukes, consequently we are the underdog again.

Well here's to all you doubters we kicked the door in last year and #issed on your parade and we are here to stay!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2017, 11:43 AM

WOW! And I marvel at the kind things said about my alma mater on tv by the announcers. Oh well, I’m old enough to have a hearing disorder.

Dec 29, 2017, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: While I like Herbie, Blackledge is phenomenal ]

All I hear are great things from the media about Clemson, Dabo, etc. Fans need to act like we’ve been here before.

Do you think Bama is complaining bc they had the B team last year in the Peach Bowl while we had the A team in the Fiesta Bowl?

Dec 29, 2017, 12:14 PM

I think after we win this time, the doubting of Clemson being legit will end sufficiently enough that even our most jaded fans will recognize that we are getting the respect we deserve.

I will say this though in the defense of some Clemson fans being so jaded, we were the underdog in the Louisville game, the FSU game, the VT game and the Miami game. That is unacceptable going forward. We have built an Alabama-like consistency here and it is about time we get the benefit of the doubt until we fall off that track record.

GO TIGERS, ??????

We’re 4-0 with Joe T

Dec 29, 2017, 12:25 PM

2014 Orange Bowl vs Ohio State
2017 National Championship vs Bama (Homers broadcast)
2017 @NCSU
2017@Cooterville

Besides that I like his delivery. He at least seems excited when he calls our games.

We were favored in all 4 games. -9.5 vs Miami.

Dec 29, 2017, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: While I like Herbie, Blackledge is phenomenal ]

Where'd you get that from?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was referring to some folks picking against us, not Vegas***

Dec 29, 2017, 1:18 PM

"Some" did.***

Dec 29, 2017, 1:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lutz. Sounds good anyway.***

Dec 29, 2017, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: While I like Herbie, Blackledge is phenomenal ]

Blackledge has slipped a lot. Like

Dec 29, 2017, 1:13 PM [ in reply to While I like Herbie, Blackledge is phenomenal ]

when he defended Skai Moore driving KB 10 yards out of bounds. Herbstreit makes him look like an amateur.

Dec 29, 2017, 12:27 PM

Steve Spurrier and Lou Holtz

I like Gus Johnson on FOX

Dec 29, 2017, 12:37 PM

because he can make a 5 yard run sound like the most epic think to ever happen to the sport.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic