»
Topic: Why have we seen our sports programs on the decline
Replies: 103   Last Post: Mar 5, 2013, 11:58 AM by: rboy17
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.


[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 103  

Why have we seen our sports programs on the decline

[1]
Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 6:49 PM
 

and most of Scar's on the rise. Their golf coach is a former GTech player, they have new facilities, and the program is on the rise. They have 3 players right now that can match up against 3 of ours.
Is it being in the SEC and having their money along with the name?
They are spending all kind of money on everything in their sports especially around WBrice stadium. They just approved a vast number of new projects.
I have bled orange ever since I was born, and love Clemson dearly. Is the SEC name and money too much for us to overcome?


Re: Why have we seen our sports programs on the decline


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 6:50 PM
 

Yep!

military_donation.jpg

Re: Why have we seen our sports programs on the decline


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 6:51 PM
 

Can you say TDP?


how many football championships have they won with

[1]
Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 6:53 PM
 

all that money?


They have won 4 straight State Championships...***

[1]
Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 6:55 PM
 




Message removed by Author

[1]
Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:07 PM
 

Message removed by Author

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

You must live out of State if you think that...***

[4]
Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:10 PM
 




You must be delusional if you think there are state...


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:18 PM
 

championships in college football. I knew you were delusional, but thinking that state championships exist in college football tops it all.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Delusional? You just talked about a stadium you haven't


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:21 PM
 

visited since the mid 90's...


learn how to read….

[1]
Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:23 PM
 

I said I haven't been to a game of theirs (as in the coots) since 1995. I mentioned already that I went to Williams Brice for the High School Football Championships this past football season, and that plus is a dump. Go read my other posts on this topic, before you once again make yourself look like a fool. I have been in and driven by their other facilities and they come nowhere close to us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

obviously he judges the success of a season predominately


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:28 PM
 

on 1 team.

2021 white level member

It's hard not to if you live in SC...***


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:30 PM
 




I live in Irmo, SC. But I also have perspective and facts.***


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:35 PM
 



badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Perspective? Is that what you call it? Think the medical


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:45 PM
 

journals use a different word...


There is also a Message Board title for people like you...


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 1:14 AM
 

Troll

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Ooooh the irony...***


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 1:18 AM
 




i have lived in SC for 35 of my 39 years...

[1]
Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:38 PM
 

i live around gamecocks, i work around gamecocks, i am related to gamecocks.

I dislike a loss as much as anyone. However, NOT ONCE... not even close to once... did i ever look upon my Diploma with shame or disappointment after any loss. To the the coots or any one else.

2021 white level member

I hope no one takes a loss that seriously***

[2]
Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:38 PM
 



2021 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

i wonder if some of these people have kids.

[2]
Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:41 PM
 

and if so.. what those poor kids go through when they lose some athletic competition.

I picture that young Chinese gymnast getting hit with a stick...

2021 white level member

agreed***

[1]
Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:44 PM
 



2021 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

I certainly don't...***


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:46 PM
 




You sure are projecting alot...***


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:43 PM
 




We don't have to project with you….


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:44 PM
 

you put it all out there, so no projecting is needed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

I said I am ashamed and disgusted at Clemson when we lose?***


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:45 PM
 




i was concieved in the back of a 73 dogde van

[1]
Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:46 PM
 

at a drive in... It is in my blood

2021 white level member

Re: i was concieved in the back of a 73 dogde van


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 12:02 AM
 

I was born in the back seat of a greyhound bus...rollin down highway 61


Re: Delusional? You just talked about a stadium you haven't

[1]
Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 8:17 PM
 

if U are talking about willy-brice if I am lucky I will never see that place again!

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg


Re: no such thing as state championships in college football***

[1]
Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 8:44 PM
 

Whatever makes you feel better.

2021 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

There's something in these hills.


ah yes don't let facts get in the way of your opinion***


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 1:16 AM
 



badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Our coach said we need facilities on par with SCU...FACT...***


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 1:17 AM
 




Dabo never said that FACT


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 1:18 AM
 



badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Jack did...FACT...***


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 1:20 AM
 




once again you changed the subject….


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 1:28 AM
 

tigerdrummer was talking about football in my response about football, and you bring up baseball in a conversation about football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

No. I was using one of your FACTS against you...***


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 1:39 AM
 




No you changed the subject. Football was being discussed...


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 1:45 AM
 

in mine and tigerdrummer response. What you stated had nothing to do with football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

No, it didn't have anything to do with football, it dealt


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 1:49 AM
 

with YOU not getting YOUR facts straight...You said their Baseball facilities were behind ours...Our HC disagreed...FACT...I brought it up because you referenced FACTS...Do try and keep up...


I didn't state that our baseball stadium is better than


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 1:51 AM
 

theirs. I stated that they were no better than ours, which if you had reading comprehension skills that means even.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

And you were wrong...Jack says SCUs are better...FACT...***


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 1:55 AM
 




Not arguing with you anymore, I had stopped falling into...


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 1:54 AM
 

your troll traps and getting into childish arguments with you. I failed miserably today and fell in your troll trap. Therefore, I will put you on ignore. As it is your intention to troll my posts and be argumentative for the sake of arguing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

You replied to my posts FIRST...If anything, you are


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 1:59 AM
 

trolling me...I made the initial post...How am I stalking your replies?


We're talking football here. The only sport that matters at


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 9:40 AM
 

Clemson.

2021 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

There's something in these hills.


Fact is they've beaten our brains in for four years


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 9:38 AM
 

in a row and they've kept our good seasons from being great.

2011 we could have been talking about a national championship appearance OR at least top 5 finish had we beaten them.

But keep downplaying that game. Again, whatever makes you feel better.

2021 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

There's something in these hills.


so did Byrnes LOL***


Posted: Mar 5, 2013, 10:41 AM
 



2021 student level member

SCU has always spent more than us, they finally started


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 6:54 PM
 

spending wisely and that seems to be the difference now...They used to lose in spite of their Financial Advantages...


Re: SCU has always spent more than us, they finally started


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 6:58 PM
 

as an independent, they did not have a financial advantage. SEC money, combined with an AD that has a clue, is making a difference. Plus the TV exposure they receive doesn't hurt.


I think you mean they have always spent more than us...


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:08 PM
 

when it comes to paying players to go to SCU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Why have we seen our sports programs on the decline


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:01 PM
 

The effects of TDP regime are in full force.


actually the one good thing TDP did do was raise money...


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:04 PM
 

so your ignorance shows again

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Well that proves it. There is no problem.***


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:05 PM
 




No problem as in that our facilities are better than theirs


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:07 PM
 

and are still getting better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

The University Has Raised 600M+ ....


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:01 PM
 

If the Sports Program wanted too, they could do the same. Just ask, and people will donate ... just ask in the right way ...

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

You're clueless, their facilities are light years behind us


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:02 PM
 

I went to one of the High School championship games at Williams Brice stadium, and that place is still a dump. At Williams Brice, they have open air restrooms that are within 15 feet of their concession stands. By open air, their restrooms have walls that are only about 6'3" high allowing the aroma from the restrooms to drift all throughout the stadium. Their stands are metal on the bottom with concrete on top of it. Under the stands you can see the stands bending big time. Walking up the stairs in their stands, you can feel your body bounce up as you walk up the stairs due to the instability of their metal stands covered in a loose application of concrete. I live in the Cootlumbia area and have seen their facilities, so don't give me this crap that their facilities are better than ours, when they are about 20 years behind us.

There is a reason why when shamecock fans come up to Clemson, they talk about how nice Clemson is. That's because they are used to attending games in very poor facilities.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Facilities include more than Willy B...What about their


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:13 PM
 

Basketball and Baseball facilities? Or their practice facilities?


Their baseball facilities are no better than ours…..


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:21 PM
 

they have a chicken cage instead of walls behind home plate. Last I checked their Basketball program is the graveyard of basketball coaches, and they can't even half fill the lower deck of their basketball arena. I was talking about overall facilities, and their overall facilities are 20 to 30 years behind us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

No, you just talked about Willy B...And what does the state


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:25 PM
 

of their Basketball program have to due with the Arena they play in? When was the last time you went to LJC? It is CERTAINLY not 20 to 30 years ahead of the CLC...


Never said LJC was better than theirs. If you had any...


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:38 PM
 

reading comprehension skills then you would be able to tell that the one facility that is better than ours has brought them zero success in that sport. They give tickets to their basketball games away for practically free, and still can't even half fill their lower deck of their basketball arena. Explain to me how their nice basketball arena, has brought success to their basketball program? Answer that question and quit trying to change the subject.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

I said their Basketball facility was nicer, never said it


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:42 PM
 

made them better...I said they have always outspent us, they just stared spending wiser and THAT was the difference...


So building an arena the size of an NBA arena…..


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 1:18 AM
 

when they couldn't even fill up the smaller Carolina Coliseum is wise spending. Seems like you have a problem with rational thinking.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Link to where I said that or mentioned size in any post...***


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 1:20 AM
 




You stated that they spend there money wisely now….


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 1:26 AM
 

Why would they even build a new arena, when in the first place the Carolina Coliseum was still a good arena and secondly they couldn't even fill up that arena. So why build an arena, that you can never sellout. It's a nice facility, but like with many shamecock facilities they do a terrible job of cleaning the place and doing routine maintenance. As of right now Colonial Dead Life Arena has water fountains that are dirty and don't work, and restrooms where toilets don't work and the faucets don't work. What's the point of building a new facility if you're going to neglect simple things as routine maintenance and actually cleaning the place.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Look at the scoreboard the past couple of years and tell me


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 1:38 AM
 

they AREN'T spending wisely...The last 20+ years,They have outspent us, regardless of what you think...Only now, it seems to be attributing to on the field success...


Nice scoreboard, but an inaudible audio system...


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 1:40 AM
 

other than their scoreboard. Billy Brice is a dump.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

When I said scoreboard, I was refering to our record against


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 1:44 AM
 

them...Take a look at that and tell me they haven't put their money to good use...


You still changed the subject and failed to address….


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 1:44 AM
 

how it was wise for them to build an NBA size arena, when they couldn't even fill the smaller Carolina Coliseum. And you also, failed to address with how they fail to do routine maintenance and cleaning of their facilities.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

No, I clearly stated that they are getting results now...***


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 1:50 AM
 




Re: Their baseball facilities are no better than ours…..

[1]
Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 11:44 PM
 

http://postandcourier.com/article/20130227/PC20/130229339/1032/weekend-series-with-south-carolina-highlights-clemson-x2019-s-need-for-baseball-upgrades


So you post an article from a Coot rag, try harder next time***


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 1:20 AM
 



badge-donor-05yr.jpg

One of our own coaches mentioned THEIR Baseball facilities..***


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 12:30 AM
 




Re: You're clueless, their facilities are light years behind us


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:26 PM
 

> I went to one of the High School championship games
> at Williams Brice stadium, and that place is still a
> dump. At Williams Brice, they have open air
> restrooms that are within 15 feet of their concession
> stands. By open air, their restrooms have walls that
> are only about 6'3" high allowing the aroma from the
> restrooms to drift all throughout the stadium. Their
> stands are metal on the bottom with concrete on top
> of it. Under the stands you can see the stands
> bending big time. Walking up the stairs in their
> stands, you can feel your body bounce up as you walk
> up the stairs due to the instability of their metal
> stands covered in a loose application of concrete. I
> live in the Cootlumbia area and have seen their
> facilities, so don't give me this crap that their
> facilities are better than ours, when they are about
> 20 years behind us.
>
> There is a reason why when shamecock fans come up to
> Clemson, they talk about how nice Clemson is. That's
> because they are used to attending games in very poor
> facilities.

Sir, that is the case only on the East side in one section. Not the case everywhere else and especially not true on the West side.


Wrong, I wasn't on the eastside, I was on the westside of...

[1]
Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:43 PM
 

their stands. Epic Fail if your a coot, and you don't even know your own stadium. Even if what you said was true, it's still pathetic to have a part of your stadium that outdated and trashy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Wrong, I wasn't on the eastside, I was on the westside of...


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 11:42 PM
 

> their stands. Epic Fail if your a coot, and you
> don't even know your own stadium. Even if what you
> said was true, it's still pathetic to have a part of
> your stadium that outdated and trashy.

Sir, you have NO IDEA what you're talking about. The WEST stands are the ones with the press box on top. The bathrooms you described, the "half walls", are on the EAST side (or maybe the NORTH side end zone). I'm a "coot" and I've been going to games since 1972. I sit on the WEST side.

Also, you've obviously never sat in the upper deck of Clemson. No one would be impressed with that.


Coaches, coaches, coaches.

[1]
Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:16 PM
 

Better coaches always win in the end. If you have ever played for a great one you know this. It is just different.


This***


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 8:46 PM
 



2021 white level member

over the past 20 yrs our basketball program is MUCH MORE

[2]
Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:31 PM
 

successful than SC's...baseball is obviously not the case...they are a better program....no doubt. Football to me is about even...yes they've won 4 in a row but really they haven't won anything that you put in a trophy case to show recruits...they haven't won a conf title or anything. They are a better program than us in baseball.....other sports are about even.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Finally another poster with some perspective and not a bunch


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:39 PM
 

of knee jerk reactions

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

King my only concern is that the revenue difference between

[3]
Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:44 PM
 

the two conferences is going to hurt our other programs long term. I don't know if it is....just a concern. We are obviously going to put the money into football...we've invested big time in coaches and facilities over the past 5-10 yrs. We haven't done the same "investing" in basketball and baseball. I wonder if it's because we don't have the funds available after football takes it's slice of the pie or if we are ok with being a football school. I don't know the answer but it's a concern.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

One thing to consider we bring in a ton of more money….


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:46 PM
 

though IPTAY, than they do through their small membership Gamecock Club. They may bring in more TV money, but when you add in our TV money with IPTAY money we still have larger funds.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: One thing to consider we bring in a ton of more money….

[1]
Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 7:53 PM
 

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:8ZwSjPW7g7MJ:www.dailygamecock.com/pdf/AthleticsCapitalProjects.pdf+&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShuHFLUd44nKC9Dj854leDO3PdmRFC6u8MEeLZyKqcScv0Pu-jOPBZA1nJ8hFgoqwuoXEXdpVA_PnpfqYUYQVQfNAboJjGTMHTDPUvuOKn7M15EuJ4mUQS-CStf4cvf9gNyzwwF&sig=AHIEtbRKg2M7zVFiT7bsrfcx2V8PB-mY6A

military_donation.jpg

what is that field house used for today?***


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 8:08 PM
 



2021 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

You just proved my point, with all they have to do they are


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 1:31 AM
 

way behind us. Overall, we are light years ahead of them and we continue to improve our facilities. So even when they complete their improvements, they will still be far behind us. And with Billy Brice, they need to do a complete make over of that dump of a stadium.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

I don't know the numbers for either...it does seem as though


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 8:05 PM
 

the SEC tv contract is bigger than the ACC's and that will provide more cash to the member schools. Also with the success of their (SEC) football programs with the BCS titles the money will continue to flow into the schools. Clemson is obviously not a rich school nor is it in a state overflowing with money either so the school may have to make tough choices and those are understandable. We all make them at home everyday.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Re: I don't know the numbers for either...it does seem as though


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 8:16 PM
 

Clemson is increasingly selective as a University, especially compared to South Carolina. This creates a smaller, but more affluent, alumni pool. Regardless of conference money, at some point Clemson alumni/fans are going to have to resign themselves to spending/donating more than the average Gamecock fan to stay competitive. This will be a difficult maneuver for an AD. Despite all the obvious success, there is a lot of anger towards Hyman in the South Carolina fanbase for the seat equity program - despite seeing its obvious benefits.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

is that selectiveness going to hurt the athletic programs

[1]
Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 8:22 PM
 

in the years ahead....my question is...and I didn't go to Clemson...I went to The Citadel.....the vast majority of Citadel grads live within a short drive of Charleston. I get that we only have 2,300 students...not the same and we don't have the national appeal outside of military families..I get it. But I'm concerned that the selectiveness will eventually spread the alumni out over the entire east coast and be less of a SC school. When you live further away you're less likely to be engaged with your school. I used to live in Charleston and we had Citadel season tickets for every sport. I live in Atlanta and we make it to a game a year.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Clemson fans have always donated a ton of more money...


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 1:34 AM
 

than shamecock fans. Their small booster club is made up of some rich donors and some upper middle class donors. Our large booster club has members ranging from the rich to the borderline poor.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: One thing to consider we bring in a ton of more money….

[1]
Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 8:10 PM
 

A lot of the things you state as fact simply aren't true. The YES program, instituted by Eric Hyman has moved Carolina ahead of Clemson in booster financing. This is all funneled through the Gamecock Club. They declare all this income in their athletic department financial statement. Clemson's athletic department does not reflect IPTAY donations which has led to some of the more excessive revenue differences that get thrown around.

While you're entitled to your opinion, most people (even Clemson fans) will concede that their brand new $35 million baseball facility is nicer than DK.

The items your criticizing about South Carolina have more to do with fan experience than what is going to impress a recruit and potential student. We arent't staying competitive in sports other than football in facilities.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

that baseball stadium is top minor league quality as it


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 8:12 PM
 

appears on tv...haven't been there...looks very nice.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Re: that baseball stadium is top minor league quality as it


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 8:18 PM
 

It is very nice - even if that's not politically correct for a Clemson fan to say. But I think it is the clubhouse and training facilities that matter most in the recruiting wars and that is where we lag greatly.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Seriously, dude there are more people in the cootlumbia area


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 1:37 AM
 

that have IPTAY stickers on their vehicle, than there are vehicles with Gamecock Club stickers. Your entitled to your own opinion, but just because SCU reports there finances differently from us doesn't mean their booster club brings in more than IPTAY.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Seriously, dude there are more people in the cootlumbia area

[2]
Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 6:39 AM
 

My point was that you have to read all of the financial statements. But, feel free to use the bumper sticker method if you prefer. Gamecock Club as of 2012 raises more money than IPTAY. To see the numbers you'll need the 2012 Clemson and South Carolina Athletic Department reports AND the IPTAY financial disclosures. You also have to understand how to read these kind of statements. I've compiled these in the past and posted about them in great detail on here. It takes a little while and I don't feel like doing it again for someone who thinks counting bumper stickers is a proven method of measuring booster donations.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: One thing to consider we bring in a ton of more money….

[1]
Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 9:41 PM
 

Wow, it's so sad how little you know.


And you called ME delusional...***


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 11:37 PM
 




It's funny that you have to let everyone know you bleed

[2]
Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 8:03 PM
 

orange, or else everyone will jump all over you and call you a coot just because you dont post some sunshine pumping material. Like its a disclaimer. It's funny that its come to that point on this board. "Hey I'm going to post something objective without orange glasses on, and although it may be true it is not all sunshine and roses, but dont worry, I donate x amount of money and have had season tickets since x, so I'm not a coot."

And just to be clear, I'm not knocking you at all, you do what you have to do, I'm knocking all the people on this board who can't accept that their might actually be ###### in the Clemson armor.


We Got To Get Into The SEC!!!


Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 8:40 PM
 

If we don't somehow get into the SEC we will, I fear, continue to see our teams get beat more often than not by Usuc. The ACC is declining in strength/influence and the SEC is rapidly increasing. Being in a second rate conference will spell a dismal future for our sports teams.


Re: One thing to consider we bring in a ton of more money….

[1]
Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 8:44 PM
 

That's simply not true. The South Carolina athletic department brought in about $20 mill more than Clemson did last year.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/story/2012-05-14/ncaa-college-athletics-finances-database/54955804/1


It was all part of Max Lennon's plan to deemphasize football

[1]
Posted: Mar 3, 2013, 11:56 PM
 

He and Bobby Robinson were very successful. We were slowly digging our way out of the hole Lennon put us in. Dabo is speeding things up with good recruiting.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg

Prez Barker put us in a hole by deemphasizing athletic….


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 1:42 AM
 

success, aside from what happened with the way Ford exited Clemson, Clemson athletics under Bobby Robinson was light years better than they have been under Prez Barker's tenure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Why have we seen our sports programs on the decline


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 12:11 AM
 

I am hoping this is one of the cyclical periods folks are talking about. I realize that every dog has his day and I'm hoping this is one of those times for USuC. I think in football the SEC East has actually been helping USuC b/c the SEC East has pretty much lacked a usual powerhouse in recent years. That powerhouse that would knock the coots back to reality more than once to negate a single "fluke loss" like UF this past year. SEC can lose to SEC aka SEC 2 loss team jumps undefeated or 1 loss from other conference. Unfortunately the coot have the 2nd easiest schedule in the SEC this coming season. It's feasible we could stand in their way for a shot at a NC. Their schedule is very doable and they play NOONE from the West! We must beat them this year or we are only going to get deeper in the hole. Of course the SEC name brand is behind a lot of it. Is there a SEC show on Nickleodeon? Seems like 90% of kids now are coots and they will tell you they like USuC b/c USuc is GREAT! Crazy!!!


you failed to mention they lose 7 starters from defense***


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 1:47 AM
 



badge-donor-05yr.jpg

FB is clearly not in decline and BB just competed in Omaha


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 8:57 AM
 

and Clemson BB is better than SCar BB...you have no argument

2021 student level member

Barker and Terry Don******************


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 9:07 AM
 



badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

Re: Why have we seen our sports programs on the decline


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 9:16 AM
 

I truly beleive the biggest reason we have fallen behind is that Jim Barker did not see for ten years the value of the athletic teams to the entire univesity. He wanted to make sure that we were viewed as an academic first university and only paid lip service to athletics. Wilkins, along with widespread discontent among Clemson supporters over losing to S. Carolina, has finally changed that. Unfortunately, it's difficult to make up 10 years of de-emphasis. It will take a number of years to begin to see improvement.


Re: Why have we seen our sports programs on the decline


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 3:17 PM
 

And while that is going on, Pastides not only embraces sports but views them as the University's "front door." Not too surprising what has happened.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Why have we seen our sports programs on the decline


Posted: Mar 4, 2013, 3:26 PM
 

Good Lord people.....

The sky is NOT Falling!!!!

Sakerlina is NOT above us in anything overall.

We are STILL CLEMSON, and they are still, well....they still suck!!!

Cycles, people cycles!!

Chicken little is shot dead come November, then these lame stupid questions will go away!!

Go Tigers!!

military_donation.jpg

Re: Why have we seen our sports programs on the decline


Posted: Mar 5, 2013, 11:58 AM
 

The only thing you guys need to fear is the "thumb"


Replies: 103  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 4 season tickets north stands lower deck about the 30 yd line make offer

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
10933 people have read this post