Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deficit increases 17%
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 431

Deficit increases 17%

Oct 5, 2018, 9:57 PM

Pathetic.

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/410177-deficit-soars-to-782-billion-in-2018

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

You’d think we take advantage of good economy to tackle deficit a bit

Oct 6, 2018, 6:22 AM

Our politicians aren’t this smart.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Personal economics is not a good frame of reference...

Oct 6, 2018, 6:38 AM

when considering a nation's economy. I tried that first and realized that with all my tools were deficient to comprehend why I couldn't reconcile some issues. Our economy is booming, perhaps it is as good as we've ever seen.

The money we spend isn't being pizzed away as it was during Obama's social justice war of redistribution of wealth. I say 'pizzed away,' not because handing out fish to the starving is bad but because teaching them to fish is superior.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Money is still being pizzed away

Oct 6, 2018, 9:26 AM

Just to other groups now.

Unemployment is insanely low right now. Economy is doing great. I know it’s not politically popular, but at some point govt has to get serious about figuring out the debt.

Stop spending so much. Where is the money going that the govt is supposedly saving. It’s a problem on both sides of the political spectrum. The increasing interest will make the debt skyrocket. As least try to balance the budget. How did Newt and Clinton figure it out 20 years ago?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You’d think we take advantage of good economy to tackle deficit a bit

Oct 6, 2018, 7:27 AM [ in reply to You’d think we take advantage of good economy to tackle deficit a bit ]

Our enormous debt was the reason that I had very mixed emotions about the tax cut. I know that Trump understands the evil lurking within the debt … and it will cripple our economy and take all of us with it later, rather than sooner. It cannot reasonably be repaid, and we can't walk away from it because the owner of more than 60% of the $22 Trillion is us. Most folks don't understand this. With the Fed raising interest rates, just watch the size of the debt increase significantly. Simpson-Bowles had a reasonably good plan to deal with it years ago, but Obama didn't have the balls to pull the trigger. We're all gonna have to suffer a 5-10% reduction in our incomes over time … or we'll suffer perhaps an 80% loss when the house of cards comes crashing down. FWIW ...

Shall we delve a bit deeper?

Oct 6, 2018, 6:29 AM

Didn't Tiggy say our government is our economy? The following is a comprehensive look at some of what was taught at Clemson in Econ 'Money and Banking,' back in the 1980s. I remember some of the highlights but since none of it has been practical for application to my life so most of what I can comprehend is a conjured memory. I wish you luck.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4206438-good-news-u-s-government-posts-214-billion-deficit-august-2018-u-s-private-sector-posts-214

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FED orchestrated cyclical crash... Got to pay those Bankstas

Oct 6, 2018, 8:01 AM

It's been happening since inception.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why aren't the tea baggers stopping this?***

Oct 6, 2018, 9:36 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Higher taxes are inevitable. The discretionary spending...

Oct 6, 2018, 10:32 AM

components of the budget are simply not big enough.

At some point social security and Medicare may come onto play.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deficit increases 17%

Oct 6, 2018, 2:11 PM

You don't understand money or FIAT currency.

Replies: 9
| visibility 431
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic