Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson ranked #2 on Phil Steele's preseason rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Clemson ranked #2 on Phil Steele's preseason rankings

Jul 13, 2018, 1:06 PM

Steele: "I figured all four Clemson DL's would leave early for the draft, then all four opted to stay for 2018! Clemson has two capable QBs, my No. 8 RBs, No. 1 DL, No. 8 LBs and No. 5 DB units. Last year they went into the Playoff as the No. 1 seed, but were used to being the dog in the Playoff and lost. Clemson does have to travel to Florida State, but won their last trip in Tallahassee and had the more talented squad. Clemson will be favored in every game and is stronger than the 2017 squad as it goes from No. 108 on my experience chart up to No. 23 this year. Could it be the fourth straight year they face Alabama in the Playoff?"

247Sports take: You're not going to find a more feared foursome than Clemson's defensive line and that doesn't even include top-ranked edge rusher Xavier Thomas, who the Tigers signed in the 2018 class. Dabo Swinney's team is considerably more talented than every team on the schedule and that'll show during the regular season.

source:

https://247sports.com/ContentGallery/Phil-Steele-releases-college-football-preseason-Top-25-119668699/#119668699_24

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only off by one.***

Jul 13, 2018, 1:16 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You think we should be #3...

Jul 13, 2018, 2:43 PM

coot?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: You think we should be #3...

Jul 13, 2018, 3:45 PM

Off by 1 as in...only 3 d-linemen were eve eligible to enter the draft..not 4

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2018, 12:11 PM

4. Huggins was eligible as well. Kid is a beast and will definitely play on Sunday's.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2018, 3:12 PM

He was referring to Lawrence not Huggins. Lawrence was not eligible.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson ranked #2 on Phil Steele's preseason rankings

Jul 13, 2018, 1:49 PM

Not a lot of SEC representation there. On the flip side, 5 B1G in the top 15? I expect one of those to not be great (talking to You Michigan)

I think Michigan will be top-15 quality this year

Jul 13, 2018, 5:32 PM

That probably only means 9-3 though because their schedule is rough. At ND, Wisconsin, at Mich St, Penn St, at Ohio State. You could probably argue that they got the 3 toughest teams from the other division (though Iowa would be in the mix with NW and Nebraska). That's pretty brutal.

Jul 13, 2018, 6:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson ranked #2 on Phil Steele's preseason rankings ]

It made sense to doubt Michigan last year, but this year you do so at your own risk. They're very talented and well-coached, but most importantly they have a QB. In my opinion the only thing standing between them and a playoff birth is an absolutely grueling schedule. Probably the toughest in the country after LSU.

Jul 13, 2018, 6:10 PM

Well coached? I’ll bet you a 100 they don’t win their division

Jul 13, 2018, 6:13 PM

Yes, well coached. You don't have to like Harbaugh (I think he's an ###), but you can't deny he's one of the 5-10 best coaches in the country. I'm not saying they're going to win their division, as it may be the toughest in the nation, but they're going to be a very good team imo.

Steel has them at #11, they could easily be top 10

Jul 13, 2018, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson ranked #2 on Phil Steele's preseason rankings ]

and not win their division. They are in the toughest division of college football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dantonio and Franklin are also both very good coaches and

Jul 14, 2018, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson ranked #2 on Phil Steele's preseason rankings ]

they probably won't win that division either. I don't think that means a great deal.

Golden Eagle sighting at #23

Jul 13, 2018, 2:45 PM

Bet that makes Matty Ice happy.

Jul 15, 2018, 12:48 AM

"I figured all four Clemson DL's would leave early for the draft, then all four opted to stay for 2018! "

Wasn't it just Wilkins, Ferrell, and Bryant who were eligible?

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic