Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We all better be pulling for Mack Brown....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,473

We all better be pulling for Mack Brown....

Sep 8, 2013, 9:03 PM

yep... that's what could happen...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't think Dabo would leave for Texas.....

Sep 8, 2013, 9:07 PM

Or if your talking about Chad I think that's just funny............... Texas will go after the best coach around first and they have enough money to buy the whole state of Alabama.

I have never pulled for Mack Brown - See no reason to change***

Sep 8, 2013, 9:09 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ReI have never pulled for Mack Brown - See no reason2 change

Sep 8, 2013, 9:13 PM

I agree the man appears to be a weasel.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't do it.

Sep 8, 2013, 9:15 PM

Once a UNC coach; always a UNC coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We'd might as well get used to it - it's probably gonna

Sep 8, 2013, 9:17 PM

happen at some point over the next few years. I don't know if it will be Texas this year, but Chad is eventually gonna get an offer that he just can't turn down or feels like the right fit.

No doubt Chad wants to be a head coach, but his passion, I believe, is scheming and developing and constantly tweaking an offense. I think he will be selective about where and when he goes, and will wait for an opportunity at a school with a rich football tradition, where he can call the shots and have a top 10-15 program. Until that opportunity arrives, I think he will be happy here, doing what he loves, building his resume, and getting paid big bucks to do it.

I don't know if Texas would put that kind of faith in a guy 3-4 years removed from the high school ranks who has never been a head coach on this level. If they did, he sure couldn't turn it down.

Ultimately, he's gonna go someday, and we need to be prepared for it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

it would be back to Texas

Sep 8, 2013, 9:18 PM

So, that would be a draw for him.

You guys are slow tonight...

Sep 8, 2013, 9:26 PM

Saban to Texas... Dabo to Bama... I think that's the only school he would leave us for.... but.... Nick's not gonna stay much longer... he lives off challenge.. like somebody else we know, except that he's very good at it..

Re: You guys are slow tonight...

Sep 8, 2013, 9:37 PM

I like the way you think and I do see Saban liking a challenge. The only thing is he has nowhere else to go. He is at the pinnacle of college teams and I think he learned his lesson like Rick Pitino did in basketball. Dealing with professional athletes compared to players that make more than he does and all of the financial issues they deal with in the pros are distractions from the game. He won't want to go that route.

Re: We all better be pulling for Mack Brown....

Sep 8, 2013, 9:28 PM

Never...totally enjoyed BYU kicking the #### out of them last night!

The Chad is waiting on TAMU

Sep 8, 2013, 9:31 PM

Talk here in Texas is that NFL guys are interested in Sumlin. Maybe not this year but no more than 2.

Re: The Chad is waiting on TAMU

Sep 8, 2013, 9:49 PM

I could see sumlin as an NFL guy but think he should strongly consider calling a&m home for a long time. They are getting recruits now that texas used to get and there is so much talent in that state. Unless the money is too much to turn down or he just wants the challenge I could see him being a longtime aggie and them being a longterm elite program.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,473
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic