Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DW's left ACL was already partially torn when he enrolled?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,861

DW's left ACL was already partially torn when he enrolled?

May 11, 2015, 2:19 PM

I don't remember seeing this before..

Watson's left ACL, it turned out, was already partially torn upon entering college, something neither he nor Clemson knew. But the former five-star prospect has attacked his rehab without fear, and he insists he will play this fall the same way he has in the past.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/81925/is-deshaun-watson-the-most-intriguing-player-in-college-football

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: DW's left ACL was already partially torn when he enrolled?

May 11, 2015, 2:34 PM

I have some "inside information" on this so take it with a grade of slaw:

He injured the knee in a high school game but no one diagnosed it as an ACL injury. He continued to play in high school and into college on the knee and had no pain or problems. Essentially he was playing with no ACL similar to Tahj Boyd and Hines Ward. The difference is D. Watson didn't know he was playing sans ACL. As with ACL's you can play for a long time and have no problem, then a cut the wrong way (see GT game) and boom. Apparently in the GT game the ACL stretched to a ridiculous limit but did not actually tear. This is why you saw DW so upset heading off the field and not allowed to even return to the sideline in the second half but the report afterwards was no torn ACL. The medical staff would have bet their house the ACL was torn when looking at the movement of the knee on the field but the equipment to actually diagnose a torn ACL is not available on site. When they actually looked at the ACL and saw the stretch they started asking him questions. This is when he disclosed he injured his knee in high school but no one ever said anything about an ACL and when it healed he was back on the field. At this point the medical staff was able to put 2 and 2 together and realized the initial ACL stretch happened in high school. The GT game further stretched it causing the need for surgery.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The same thing happened to me

May 11, 2015, 2:45 PM

Tore my MCL, but only dinged my ACL. Got back from the MCL, everything was fine, and then one bad step and the ACL tore the rest of the way (Mine was shredded, not just stretched). Watson had trouble with the knee in high school, so this doesn't surprise me at all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe the same knee he injured december, 2013?

May 11, 2015, 2:35 PM

dsq post

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Makes you kinda wish Chad Kelly never did what he

May 11, 2015, 2:44 PM

Did so we could of kept him on the team and RS Watson so he could of got his ACL surgery last year.

You don't do surgery on a partial tear usually

May 11, 2015, 2:46 PM

Sure, it might go in the future, but that future could be 10-15 years down the line.

Re: You don't do surgery on a partial tear usually

May 11, 2015, 3:46 PM

they wouldnt have known about the tear until he tore it completely in the practice after the gt game.....red shirting him would have just delayed the outcome.

Re: Makes you kinda wish Chad Kelly never did what he

May 11, 2015, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Makes you kinda wish Chad Kelly never did what he ]

Deshaun would have beaten out Kelly for the starting job anyway

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

True but he may have been the backup instead of Cole.

May 11, 2015, 4:44 PM

It changed the season for him to be a whineazz brat that couldn't control his bladder.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DEER Tnetters,

May 11, 2015, 4:27 PM

stop putting stuff on the top shelf.

Thanks
CT88

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes. but considering Chuck Norris is still in the hospital

May 11, 2015, 4:34 PM

i'd say DW's roundhouse is superior

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,861
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic