Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can we start a Tiger Football Reality board where
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Can we start a Tiger Football Reality board where

Nov 15, 2015, 5:42 PM

you have to be 35 or over, have a job or kids, have paid income taxes, have less than 10,000 posts, and have the ability to read a post with intellectual curiosity instead of flame throwing comments back at people? It seems half the people on this board are huge A-holes.

Don't flatter yourselves, coots are not wasting time trying to juke you into thinking they are legit tiger fans. Get lives people - might help you play well with others...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah - I'd swear that at least half......

Nov 15, 2015, 5:49 PM

of the people on here are in the 6th grade or younger or are adults with less than a 6th grade education.

Re: Yeah - I'd swear that at least half......

Nov 15, 2015, 6:01 PM

Amen...but watch your pulse drop.

Tell 'em coot

Re: Can we start a Tiger Football Reality board where

Well I don't think that criteria would eliminate "a-holes". I'm 35, have less than 10,000 posts, and a BS and a Masters degree from Clemson, and still disagree with most of your posts.

Nov 15, 2015, 6:03 PM

PS...the REALITY is that we are the #1 ranked team in the country!

Nov 15, 2015, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Can we start a Tiger Football Reality board where ]

Don't have to agree-that's the point. But don't call me a coot and rant about it.

BTW: BS, MS from CU, letterman, PhD from another university and I could care less about the pulse. Didn't even know what it was. My self worth is not dependent on trivia like that. I have 3 boys, one in college, two in HS, and stay/work at home wife and 300+ people that work for me. Over the past hour Clemson football just got less fun thanks to the preponderance of 6th grades posting.

Nov 15, 2015, 6:33 PM

What makes it less fun is d-bags who sign up for the site 2 weeks ago and post nothing but crap ragging on the football team when we are #1 for the first time in 3 decades.

Nov 15, 2015, 9:27 PM

Just because fans want to see the best out of their team doesn't make them coots. To sit back and say wow everything is perfect is ignorant. Yea we are #1 I couldn't be more thrilled, doesn't mean we don't want our team to be as close to perfect every time out. I bet that's what the coaches want too. See Miami game. Btw I'm married 39 have 3 kids and only an associates degree. So shame on me. Ding my pulse.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2015, 9:28 PM

Oh and yes I am a true fan I will be driving 500 miles to game this weekend see you there. Sec k row b.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We ARE #1 and it is stupid for fans to think we got there by

Nov 15, 2015, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Can we start a Tiger Football Reality board where ]

luck and that they have thought of SOMETHING or saw SOMETHING the coaches haven't. No team is perfect or will have perfect games since there are humans involved and how many humans are perfect? If posters don't want to be called coots then don't post like one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you truly couldn't care less...

Nov 15, 2015, 6:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Can we start a Tiger Football Reality board where ]

then why do you go to such lengths bemoaning the responses of those whose commentary you deem to be beneath you? It sounds to me like you care a lot... especially for a big-shot with 300+ people working for you.

There is a function which allows you to ignore the comments of people who annoy you. Why don't you just use that? There are indeed several here who insist on posting 20, 30, 50 times a day... but they add nothing of substance. I make them go away. Unless YOU stop complaining soon and come up with something substantive, I'll make you go away too.

FT

Tigernet since 1996

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2015, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Can we start a Tiger Football Reality board where ]

IF you have 300 people working for you, I'm sure you could afford to donate to tnet and visit the donors board.

;) the Donors board may suit your tastes a little more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Donor board ok, but only 1 post there today & 4 yesterday!***

Nov 15, 2015, 7:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2015, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Can we start a Tiger Football Reality board where ]

Tried and don't want to use PayPal. Sent T-net guys a note about it some time back. I have had really bad experiences with fraudulent charges coming through PayPal. They have all been credited back, but it's a pain to go through...

Nov 15, 2015, 8:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Can we start a Tiger Football Reality board where ]

Congratulations sir! I get the feeling you are a joy to work for...

You will never know - don't hire coots here.***

Nov 16, 2015, 8:32 AM

Donors Den

Nov 15, 2015, 6:29 PM

Please come join us and bring your perspective and thoughtful posts. You will be happier. Go Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

29 bucks for David Hood's work is well worth it alone***

Nov 15, 2015, 6:35 PM

Nov 15, 2015, 6:36 PM

Good post

Nov 15, 2015, 6:38 PM

So, you're over 35 and a fan of Clemson football but the first time you want to engage this message board is to criticize the best season of your lifetime? That makes strong intellectual sense.

And, before you deflect, I am aware you might have been alive in 1981 but if you're close to 35 really doubt you were very invested that season.

Message was edited by: viztiz®

Nov 15, 2015, 6:38 PM

Better post

I'm way over 35. I've been reading (not posting necessarily)

Nov 16, 2015, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Can we start a Tiger Football Reality board where ]

since the "beginning" when it was www.tigernet2.com or whatever URL they used to have.

Re: I'm way over 35. I've been reading (not posting necessarily)

Nov 16, 2015, 11:46 AM

It was indeed Tigernet2 and at the time Tigernet was a #### site. You should be old enough and mature enough to realize your acting like a dumper. We might lose to Wake next week but enjoy the ride we're on. We only get a few these. Your finger wagging at the team isn't going to change things on the field. So it comes across that you want be one of the guys that can throw the biggest "I told you so" if something goes wrong. And you know what. Something is likely to go wrong. Still pretty long odds of us winning out from here. But this staff has put this together and you score no points second guessing them right now.

And if you want to be "critical" then bring something other than vague complaining. I would point out that our defensive issues exist entirely in the A gap. Brent Venables is an aggressive coordinator who loves to blitz. Because our A gap lineman, particularly Goodson, are so strong that leaves him free to bring B,C, D blitzes all day long. What opposing OCs seem to have discovered is that an ACC crew simply won't throw a holding flag on interior line play. In a drop back situation if a defensive lineman gets his jersey stretched out pursuing a quarterback they'll throw. But on draw plays up the middle, offensive lineman have been empowered to hold Goodson all day long. When they catch us in outside blitz it is a disaster. If the refs won't throw the flag then the only way to prevent this is to become more conservative. That hasn't proven to be any more effective and leaves the defense on the field longer. What I know is that Coach V knows more about this than I could ever hope to. He hasn't suddenly forgotten how to coach or lost this team. Just chill out. I expect that he's probably working to redisguise his coverages but if opposing OCs think they have him figured out and he has a prepared counter he might not want to give UNC and possible playoff teams a hard look at those changes by fully installing them for three weeks.

Nov 15, 2015, 6:42 PM

Nice post Nc tiger! Thumbs up!

Cocklover***

Nov 15, 2015, 9:30 PM

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

You see, that's what I'm talking about ^^^

Nov 16, 2015, 8:35 AM

But he's probably doing that to get a laugh, which he got from me...:)

Nov 15, 2015, 6:47 PM

I tend to agree with you that most people in here stick their fingers in their ears when someone disagrees with them. I agree that it gets old that some people, who are just trying to start a conversation, are written off as "coots".

All that being said, Why not just ignore those posts?

Maybe it's because I'm only 23 and don't have 300 employees under me, maybe it's because I don't have any kids (and don't want any at this point in life), but I couldn't care less what people on the internet have to say about me. Ignore the trolls and move on.

Nov 15, 2015, 7:07 PM

Most of these guys know what they're talking about and are reasonable but you do get the "Get off My Lawn" types too.....but it's Candy Land around here compared to Talk About The Eagles during the McNabb/Andy Reid era.

Thank you for cluing me into the ignore feature

Nov 16, 2015, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Can we start a Tiger Football Reality board where ]

I will try that for sure...BTW: is that how you spell "cluing?"

i am all of the above-

Nov 15, 2015, 7:27 PM

And since I am going to Wake game and my fiancé has a wedding to attend for her friend's daughter, well, she thinks I am also an a-hole

Sticks and stones babe. I am going to the game!!

+1

Nov 15, 2015, 7:31 PM

For putting the Tigers #1 at personal risk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Give in now and I am done forever

Nov 15, 2015, 7:59 PM

Since , we were invited to a Christmas party. And I quote-

" we can't make it. That's the ACC Championship game weekend "

She has potential!!

I'm curious about the have less than 10,000 posts part.***

Nov 15, 2015, 8:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: I'm curious about the have less than 10,000 posts part.***

Nov 15, 2015, 8:17 PM

I would not think too hard on that, the OP apparently didn't.

Re: I'm curious about the have less than 10,000 posts part.***

Nov 16, 2015, 8:40 AM

Not much thought behind it - really was thinking about rate of posts like 10,000/year or something like that. Obviously someone who has been posting regularly for 10 years is going to have a lot.

we're overqualified***

Nov 15, 2015, 8:30 PM [ in reply to I'm curious about the have less than 10,000 posts part.*** ]

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: Need these qualifications in order to vote.***

Nov 15, 2015, 8:08 PM

Instead

Nov 15, 2015, 8:16 PM

How about a bored where non donors don't get to make the rules?

wait...

Nov 15, 2015, 8:31 PM

you're getting out there now.... real her back in

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: wait...

Nov 15, 2015, 8:40 PM

When do I make rules? I got you though, on that soon.

Real ?***

Nov 16, 2015, 8:41 AM [ in reply to wait... ]

Bored ?***

Nov 16, 2015, 8:41 AM [ in reply to Instead ]

Nov 15, 2015, 8:28 PM

Go to StS if you're looking for legitimate discussion

Tiger REALITY is wonderful! I think you mean loser ILLUSION

Nov 15, 2015, 8:33 PM

board! Are you one of those "tiger fans" who think "bammer" should be # 1 and we should not????

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have that already for a modest fee any adult can afford***

Nov 16, 2015, 8:38 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2015, 11:48 AM

Can you lower the age so I can get it? I'm 26, wife, kids, BS degree, about to start my masters. Been working in my field for 5 years. So the only thing I'm lacking is the age. :)

I like your funny words magic man

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic